Brokers of britainnia: broker services & IRC

Moderator: Trade Moderators

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Brokers of britainnia: broker services & IRC

Post by GuardianKnight »

type in /Join #brokers

Ever get tired of just having to deal with 1 broker ALL the time?

Well I'm setting up a Exclusive guild with only the people considered trustworthy and letting them use their already blooming reputation to help you.

Here's how it works:

1. People will just have to go by their reputation as good brokers and they have earned it. I am not letting just anyone in my guild.

2. We aren't actively recruiting. This is not a guild where our members can be some random newbie trying to cause trouble and get away with it using the excuse " we are a big guild, it happens". That would be unacceptable,

Now for the rules:

1. Only do trades with B*B, we are not responsible for you mistaking us for another made up guild. This is one of the few things that will be your responsibility

2. A broker can choose to not do business with you depending on your reputation or if you come across as shady.

3. While i don't charge, most other brokers accept a fee determined per person , depending on which one you get.

4. All deals need a forum post and an IRC statement saying you are doing the deal for the person. If a broker does try something, they'll lose their deed and their forum/irc privvies.

5. Don't deal any of the brokers if the guild title and initials aren't showing. Obvious reasons. B*B

7. All complaints go through me and i expect proof of any issues you raise. Chat logs and in game pictures will be taken into consideration.

I am running this guild on an alternate GuardianKnight and will still broker your deals on my main UoH character.

There will be an irc room created, and depending on how well this takes off, maybe a forum room.

As of Right now we have:
Kith-Kanan B*B
Kelektra B*B.
Dastardly Duck B*B (aka DarkWing from UoH*

They are payed up and ready to do what needs done.
I will try and get the more well known brokers in the irc as well.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Brokers of britainnia: broker bonding

Post by Chaos »

This is a Great Idea, and I'm Glad we have members to take up this calling.

As Far as trusted people go, it does seem like we are for now losing many of them as of late due to various reasons. I think this is a great way for some newer names or names we know but have yet to be publicly known for their trust and honesty.

I also think that these said player having to put up game gold/deeds means that their fees should be some what set .. just an idea with out running numbers maybe a fee based on a % of their bonded deed ..say maybe 3% or something .. so that in say 33 trades they can make their deed back and be (even) .

I can't wait to hear further ideas on this subject.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

It's a good idea but i figure the fee will be something discussed between the buyer/seller/broker. I wouldn't think someone would spend nearly half of what they are making on someone to safely trade it. People tend to not even want to sell a house if they can't get a certain profit from it past the house deed etc :)
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

To avoid any unwarranted accusations from the broker or the involved parties, I also think it would be a good ideal if the broker rpv'd every trade. Wouldn't want a scammer coming to you and telling you said broker scammed him out of his house deed when he didnt.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Akriel

Post by Akriel »

This is a great idea.

Maybe make suggested fee, IE. 3% of trade value. Kind of like a Realtor expects a 3% commission. They do not always require it, deals can be made... but it is a guideline. This way people know what to expect and it is one less place for someone to walk away feeling cheated.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Seems like it's going well so far. Seems 3 is a good number .

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

is your new title the king of brokers? :D
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

My title will be " on vacation" or "gone fishin".

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Honestly, it sounds more like you're trying to monopolize the broker and trade market rather than trying to help out players.

"You should only trade with these trusted brokers!" sounds very fishy to me. I think I'll keep my application out of this and continue to work for myself.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

What? No. I just can't handle more than a couple at a time to keep track of. And i asked a few up and coming people who have proven themselves as trustworthy.

I have said this a few times to some of the more sinister people....stop trying to make me out a villain. It's really not necessary . I'm simply making it easier for people who i just can't get to most of the time.

I have had unanswered PMs while i slept or was at work and it seemed necessary to get some help and this idea wasn't even mine, it was a mix of a few people's public ideas. Really Corbin? I really didn't expect this from you.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Have you registered your trade monopoly with cA's Department of Legitimate Business?

The one time set up fee is 50k
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

This is clearly an attempt to force small time players into handing over large deeds to GK so that he can tell them when and with whom they can broker. He will probably start charging his "employees" some sort of fee per brokered building soon after this gets going, and by then it will be too late to do anything about it.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

You see, downs, i found a legal loophole using my sophisticated UO legal knowledge and found that if i have previously bought ANY Ca licenses, it automatically exempts me from other licenses in the future.

Being a owner of the Animal Permit has inadvertently been a far greater resource than i have ever imagined.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Brokers of britainnia: broker services & IRC

Post by GuardianKnight »

I updated the main post, money rewards for trying to scam a broker are now discontinued.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Brokers of britainnia: broker services & IRC

Post by fooka03 »

I'm with chum/corbin on this one (same message, different motives). It's very fishy.

You're basically scaremongering everyone to use your service (oh noes your broker is out to get you! but it's ok ours are backed by deeds that you can't/won't ever see if something happens) In doing things this way it really puts the clamps on anyone trying to make an honest name for themselves the old/slow way(like myself). It also works like extortion for even some of the bigger brokers out there (you're going to stop getting brokering traffic unless you give us a deed to cover you).

Yea, this seems more like a racket than the cA dept of animal husbandry... :roll:
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor