Brokers of britainnia: broker services & IRC

Moderator: Trade Moderators

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Brokers of britainnia: broker services & IRC

Post by GuardianKnight »

Downs wrote:
fooka03 wrote:Yea, this seems more like a racket than the cA dept of animal husbandry... :roll:
GK is secretly pristiq
I'm secretly Downs.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

lotus39

Post by lotus39 »

Corbin wrote:
Really Corbin? I really didn't expect this from you.
You're attempting to make yourself look like the only honest group out there. You'd expect me to just sit around twiddling my thumbs?
GuardianKnight wrote:Corbin and a few others asked to join and i refused for the time being. I wanted to do 3 at a time so that there was a way to keep track of each person's dealings. And to show that this wasn't going to be a big uncontrollable guild.
Umm, when did I ever ask to join? If you've not seen my signature, I have my own guild setup so that people can identify me, I have no need or desire to even be associated with your guild and now you're just falsifying information and becoming less and less credible with each post which reinforces my prior concerns.

While I don't believe you're doing what chum is suggesting and scamming people, I do believe you're trying to monopolize the market in an attempt to become the new blackfoot of the shard. While becoming a reputable tradesman is not a bad thing, trying to control the market into believing your guild is the only trustworthy group of merchants is.
Wow man someone has something up their ass.

Maybe if you got hounded nonstop to broker for people you would understand the intention, and that to get some peace and offload some of the work.

People are going to use who they feel comfortable with using and Guild titles are the only way to truely know who your dealing with.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

lotus39 wrote:People are going to use who they feel comfortable with using and Guild titles are the only way to truely know who your dealing with.
I agree, but then what's the point of making this guild? People are still going to know it's GK, or Doc, or BF, so what's wrong with dealing with them directly? I still think that despite intentions it still gives an illusion of trying to establish a monopoly on brokering. "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark" - The Bible, KJV

As to the most trustworthy on the shard, I'm going to go with chum. He's always fairly forthcoming with his intentions, you know what he's all about. And hell, if people in real life are going to trust him to be a real estate broker, then why not here?

P.S.: chum, I didn't realize you were in Pittsburgh! Good thing I didn't open that strange crate that was on my front step the other day...
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

lotus39

Post by lotus39 »

fooka03 wrote:
lotus39 wrote:People are going to use who they feel comfortable with using and Guild titles are the only way to truely know who your dealing with.
I agree, but then what's the point of making this guild? People are still going to know it's GK, or Doc, or BF, so what's wrong with dealing with them directly? I still think that despite intentions it still gives an illusion of trying to establish a monopoly on brokering. "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark" - The Bible, KJV

As to the most trustworthy on the shard, I'm going to go with chum. He's always fairly forthcoming with his intentions, you know what he's all about. And hell, if people in real life are going to trust him to be a real estate broker, then why not here?

P.S.: chum, I didn't realize you were in Pittsburgh! Good thing I didn't open that strange crate that was on my front step the other day...

The point of making the guild is to make it easy for people to identify brokers that brokers trust.

Its also to toss a trusted name behind some very trustworthy but maybe unknown folks out there... To help offset the fact that GK is being overwhelmed with requests.

Its easier for people to say hey that person is with b*b and trustworthy, than track every single person and guild title on the shard.

Maybe if you other trusted merchants were more effective he wouldnt be so Inundated.

But rather than focus on that aspect you tear down an otherwise great idea because you think he is trying to monopolize something.

Maybe spend more time getting your name out there if you want more business, Im sure GK and the overworked Brokers on the shard would appreciate the help.

Yeah its pretty obvious where chum is at most of the time

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

lotus39 wrote:Yeah its pretty obvious where chum is at most of the time
That's just what I want you to think!

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Just because you can trust that some one will snoop you .. Doesn't mean trust that person..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Chaos the wise.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Just a friendly reminder that these fine folks are continuing to do good work. Feel free to pm them anytime for some brokering.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

I had Kelektra broker a house sale for me a couple of weeks ago. It went smoothly. I recommend Brokers of Britannia to anyone wanting a quality broker.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Beatingu

Post by Beatingu »

GK is the servers most reliable broker. He hasn't pulled a single scam since he first began brokering. What he's offering you, is a way to make sure guys like RJ, or Chum dont use one of their "fake" Gk's, BF's, etc to scam you. This vouch is brought to you by BeatingU the Mighty FYI.
Ardos wrote:I lost 1.1 mil to BeatingU today. I won the first one of three for 300k. Then he won 4 straight 2/3s and took me for 1.1 mil gold. I retract my statements and should not have dueled this rusty.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

GuardianKnight wrote:
Downs wrote:
fooka03 wrote:Yea, this seems more like a racket than the cA dept of animal husbandry... :roll:
GK is secretly pristiq
I'm secretly Downs.
Why don't you want to secretly be me? :(
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Then i would be married to a dude in a video game...i dun wanna be married.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I just added a long time guildmate and and trustworthy broker to our team to make up for Doc Faustus quitting.

Dastardly Duck B*B (aka DarkWing from UoH*

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

GuardianKnight wrote:I just added a long time guildmate and and trustworthy broker to our team to make up for Doc Faustus quitting.

Dastardly Duck B*B (aka DarkWing from UoH*
I would never trust anyone who's main goal for UO is to spam IRC with !rules.

:)
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Obviously the #Brokers channel is used to lure people out of #Secondage so that B*B can IRC-scam them without the risk of banning.