Brokers of britainnia: broker services & IRC

Moderator: Trade Moderators

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Brokers of britainnia: broker services & IRC

Post by GuardianKnight »

Read my post above yours.

Also i told you i recruited people already building a trust with people....and they worked for it.

What i did was give them a guild name and tag so everyone knows them as a person with a base guild. I wasn't trying to alienate anyone and i didn't think that by implementing a community created idea that i'd be taking so much flack. The deed bonding was an idea to make people feel more secure with new names brokering for them.

I told them eventually they would not even need the guild and could go solely on their own once the community accepts them. This would have been like a broker college building community trust and would have eventually helped create an environment where EVERYONE could freely trade without worrying about being scammed.

Corbin and a few others asked to join and i refused for the time being. I wanted to do 3 at a time so that there was a way to keep track of each person's dealings. And to show that this wasn't going to be a big uncontrollable guild.

I actually fronted one of the members my own deed because i trusted them so much.

You guys are pushing in to accidental self abuse territory when you attack the people helping you.

The guild will continue, the deeds will not. I mentioned that earlier right after i feared a threat would come to the people in the guild.

Sorry if this was ruining your day :(
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

It's all good gk, I don't mind it as a gathering of brokers, just didn't like the other aspects.

Since those have changed I don't have an opinion anymore.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I believe this may be the beginning of the biggest scam in UOSA history.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

THe big scam would have been if i had kept 2 castle deeds and 2 tower deeds directly handed to me for the last 2 days.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Really Corbin? I really didn't expect this from you.
You're attempting to make yourself look like the only honest group out there. You'd expect me to just sit around twiddling my thumbs?
GuardianKnight wrote:Corbin and a few others asked to join and i refused for the time being. I wanted to do 3 at a time so that there was a way to keep track of each person's dealings. And to show that this wasn't going to be a big uncontrollable guild.
Umm, when did I ever ask to join? If you've not seen my signature, I have my own guild setup so that people can identify me, I have no need or desire to even be associated with your guild and now you're just falsifying information and becoming less and less credible with each post which reinforces my prior concerns.

While I don't believe you're doing what chum is suggesting and scamming people, I do believe you're trying to monopolize the market in an attempt to become the new blackfoot of the shard. While becoming a reputable tradesman is not a bad thing, trying to control the market into believing your guild is the only trustworthy group of merchants is.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Brokers of britainnia: broker bonding

Post by GuardianKnight »

Corbin wrote:Honestly, it sounds more like you're trying to monopolize the broker and trade market rather than trying to help out players.

"You should only trade with these trusted brokers!" sounds very fishy to me. I think I'll keep my application out of this and continue to work for myself.

I took that to mean you were interested at some point and being that i got a few pms about it i assumed you were one of them. Stop the drama.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

GuardianKnight wrote:THe big scam would have been if i had kept 2 castle deeds and 2 tower deeds directly handed to me for the last 2 days.
And what's to show that isn't you plan?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

chumbucket wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:THe big scam would have been if i had kept 2 castle deeds and 2 tower deeds directly handed to me for the last 2 days.
And what's to show that isn't you plan?
Obviously because i trusted you to hold them.

Corbin

Re: Brokers of britainnia: broker bonding

Post by Corbin »

GuardianKnight wrote:I took that to mean you were interested at some point and being that i got a few pms about it i assumed you were one of them. Stop the drama.
It's not drama, it's covering my own rear as a merchant;though I do appreciate your failed attempt at twisting my words again.

As I told you last night, time will tell your intentions.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

If Guardian Knight's intentions were to setup some monopolized system of scamming...this isn't the way to go about it.

All the people throwing out accusations are a bit...paranoid or just trying to start drama, and you're all just as likely to build up "trust" only to use it to your own advantage. We're all human here.

The only thing I don't like is that Blackfoot/GK are just assumed to be the most trusted people on the server...

I'm in no way saying they aren't, but it's just a common assumption.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

best assumption ever
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

BlackFoot wrote:best assumption ever
Blackfoot watered my potted plants while i was away - how can you not trust him?
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

My take in this is that Guradian Knight is acting in good faith trying to put his good name behind 3 up and coming trusted players. The deed bond was GK's way of covering his own rear end.

I do not think this will put BF, Tabius, Halogen, etc. out of business. I have in the past faced the issue of not being able to find a broker in a moments notice, and actually think this is a good way to try to increase the pool of trusted brokers.

Fortunately, no one is forcing you to use one of GK's brokers, and you're free to look up Halogen, Corbin, BF, or who ever else you want to broker your trades. I see this only as another option in the availability of brokers.

Good job, GK, I hope you keep the guild going.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

more trusted brokers the better
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Downs

Post by Downs »

fooka03 wrote:Yea, this seems more like a racket than the cA dept of animal husbandry... :roll:
GK is secretly pristiq
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!