Ban or Name and shame. Vendor Scammers.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

TheBreadMan

Ban or Name and shame. Vendor Scammers.

Post by TheBreadMan »

these scams on the vendors are being run by active members of the shard. Yet are using them to hidden behind a alt name.

Now GM say wont do anything about it...because for some warped reason its a lame scam allowed to go on. that mainly targets new players who are not yet into fully reading the forums etc.

Now what I propose is the true identities of these people be revealed, and let the player base deal with it. by outlawing them players etc like it should be.

So they no longer can hide behind the alt.

Or I guess you could just ban them like OSI would do.

Finally,

They can scam as much as the like as far as conserned but there needs to be punishment that fits the crime, which for this there is currenttly zero. If not things will fall apart sooner or later.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Ban or Name and shame. Vendor Scammers.

Post by DarkWing »

I Agree with this ... the scam vendors are only hurting the new players,

Shame on the Vet Players conducting these Scam Vendors .. it is only hurting the future of the Server.

i have no problem with identifying these Scammers to the Public

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

What about newbies who target vet player's with scam vendors? Surely this will ruin the shard sooner or later...

Poor vet player's :(

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This is ridiculous, players should find out for themselves who is vendor scamming and avoid it. There are precautions any player can take. I have never been "vendor scammed" by setting myself a few simple rules

1. Identify weapons.
2. Buy spellbooks/runebooks etc only from known trusted vendors/players.
3. Never buy maps from a vendor with the exception of level 1.

It's a shame people don't use forethought or are too lazy to just follow simple, (almost) scam proof methods such as these. Everyone is aware when buying things that they could be scammed, if they choose to take this risk then it's their own fault.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

nightshark wrote:This is ridiculous, players should find out for themselves who is vendor scamming and avoid it. There are precautions any player can take. I have never been "vendor scammed" by setting myself a few simple rules

1. Identify weapons.
2. Buy spellbooks/runebooks etc only from known trusted vendors/players.
3. Never buy maps from a vendor with the exception of level 1.

It's a shame people don't use forethought or are too lazy to just follow simple, (almost) scam proof methods such as these. Everyone is aware when buying things that they could be scammed, if they choose to take this risk then it's their own fault.
well said :)
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

nightshark wrote:This is ridiculous, players should find out for themselves who is vendor scamming and avoid it. There are precautions any player can take. I have never been "vendor scammed" by setting myself a few simple rules

1. Identify weapons.not all newbies have ID skill or wands
2. Buy spellbooks/runebooks etc only from known trusted vendors/players.takes time to build up player trust
3. Never buy maps from a vendor with the exception of level 1.great advice. but will a new player know this?

you must keep in mind, we do get people who come here to play that have NEVER played the game before!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Populus

Post by Populus »

Do we want players coming to UO for the first time to experience UO or Trammel?

Deal with it.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Bomani

Post by Bomani »

Populus wrote:Do we want players coming to UO for the first time to experience UO or Trammel?

Deal with it.
I think we should encourage New Players to come here! rather than Discourage!

Segellion

Post by Segellion »

Do we want players coming to UO for the first time to experience UO or Trammel?

Deal with it.
We want players to experience a positive gaming environment so that they choose to play on UOSA, and not Metro, Abyss, or Hybrid.

Remember Populus, you were a newbie once too.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

im not sure if this thread is serious or not..

if you're a vet player and you got scammed, you should have known better. if you're a newbie and you got scammed, its a learning experience.

the fact that somebody CAN actually setup a scam vendor is testament to the freedom of this game. by asking staff to police an issue like this shows your lack of understanding. for every newbie who quits because he got scammed out of 5k, 3 more keep playing because of the ability to do whatever the hell they want without being restricted by dumb policy.

Teravel

Post by Teravel »

marmalade wrote:im not sure if this thread is serious or not..

if you're a vet player and you got scammed, you should have known better. if you're a newbie and you got scammed, its a learning experience.

the fact that somebody CAN actually setup a scam vendor is testament to the freedom of this game. by asking staff to police an issue like this shows your lack of understanding. for every newbie who quits because he got scammed out of 5k, 3 more keep playing because of the ability to do whatever the hell they want without being restricted by dumb policy.
I'm glad you think you know how the old days were, but these types of crimes were reported and the players were banned by Origin. When moderators started spending more time fixing this crap than anything else, EA stepped in and fixed the issue by adding more information to the item title, such as the number of spells in a spellbook.

If we let people get away with this, it's going to not only hurt the server, but it's not era specific. These problems were dealt with, severely.

Damnsammit

Post by Damnsammit »

Teravel wrote:

I'm glad you think you know how the old days were, but these types of crimes were reported and the players were banned by Origin. When moderators started spending more time fixing this crap than anything else, EA stepped in and fixed the issue by adding more information to the item title, such as the number of spells in a spellbook.

If we let people get away with this, it's going to not only hurt the server, but it's not era specific. These problems were dealt with, severely.
Stop crying. You bought a bunk spellbook, get over it already.

Go find your own scrolls if you hate vendors.

Populus

Post by Populus »

I had missed this reply and since the thread is already resurrected. +1.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Return to “Traders Discussion”