Moderator: Trade Moderators

The Gods

Re: Vendor scams -Spellbooks.

Post by The Gods »

Yup just id the spellbook and it will tell you :p

Dargos

Post by Dargos »

I had a similar thing happen to me when I had just started. It's been about a year since this happened, but here's my story.

It was my first day on the server, I had no stats, no skills, and was working on swordsmanship by killing everything on Moonglow Island. I knew I needed a full spellbook, but I didn't have any means to make money other than the headless and mongbats. It took several hours to get 5k together, but once I had it, I began searching vendors. The first one I found with a spellbook on it was a small outside the brit moongate. I bought it, and when I opened it, it was of course blank.

I was pissed. :)

I jumped into IRC and asked if anyone knew who the owner was (not that I could do anything about it, I just wanted to bitch at them), and Azheman told me that that particular vendor was a known scammer, and then gave me a full spellbook. Azheman probably doesn't even remember that, but I do, Thanks Az. If this post actually ends up being the one that allows me to start repping people I'll +1 you!

Use IRC if you can, there are helpful people there.

Degamra

Post by Degamra »

I am always compiling full spellbooks (it's sort of a hobby). PM me if you need one cheap.

I also stock them at Top Shelf Mining Company north of the Daemon Temple on Fire Island.