Scaming Vendors

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Marcus Mooby

Scaming Vendors

Post by Marcus Mooby »

Hi there... I was wondering if anyone could give me some information about these 2 locations. I just started playing a week ago. (played original uo back in 1997-2001) I was trying to buy a full spell book last night from 2 different locations and both times the books were empty. These books were 4k each. I understand that scamming is perfectly in line with the rules in game. I would like to know who owns these 2 houses so i can maybe get the word out to not buy from these people. Thanks!

Location1

location 2

Also... are there any legit people selling full spell books? I still need to buy one. Thanks!
Last edited by Marcus Mooby on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus Mooby

Re: Scaming Vendors

Post by Marcus Mooby »

bump

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

I'm not familiar with those two but you'll also be wanting to avoid the patio directly North of Yew bank and the small directly West of Brit moongate, both are known scam vendor spots.

There are plenty of legit vendors here though, have a browse through the forums or ask in IRC (link at top left of page).

Oh and welcome to UOSA :)

PS - Bumping a thread after 15 mins on a fairly slow moving board is a bit of a waste of time ;-)

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

UO Second Age
Private messaging

Ok I have no idea how to copy my pm's the other way so I used the "print" message option.

What DBag made a scam vendor named after me. I want screenshots now so I can post a scamming ghost there (and to grief them continuosly)

I swear ppl in this game are such socio paths. Below is the PM I received.

spell book

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Pied Piper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i bought a blank spellbook from your vendor shop so....