List scammers here and tell your story.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

List scammers here and tell your story.

Post by GuardianKnight »

This is the New Scammer list. This is for in game scams and will not get anyone banned from anything but will hopefully stop someone from getting hit by the same person twice.

The Format will be :

Name of scammer:
Stolen item:
Date of Scam:
Relation to scammer:

Short story related to scam:

________________________________________________________________________________
List of scammers so far: (want to combat this accusation? Make a trash talk post and link it )
AskilledMidget
A Skilled Midget wrote:I must admit. Good try. Your post was at 7:02pm LONG after this deal had gone down and you had lost your towers. I find it cleaver, you thought maybe this would work. However deal went down IN game. WITHOUT a forums post, though I tried to warn you prior too. I scamed your towers around 3:40pm. LONG before this thread. Cheers.

Fede viewtopic.php?f=73&t=31789
_________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: List scammers here and tell your story.

Post by mrbojangles »

Name of scammer: A Skilled Midget a.k.a. Trix the Rabbit a.k.a. Sillyrabbit
Stolen item: Twin towers
Date of Scam: 9/01/2011
Relation to scammer: Guildmate

Short story related to scam:

Trusted seller to pay for houses because he was a guildmate. Houses were transferred, payment was never received.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=32021
Last edited by mrbojangles on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Name of Scammer: Fede
Stolen item(s): 40k gold and a +25 Halberd of Force
Date of scam: 8/29/2011

Short Story: Fede agreed to purchase two halberds of Force with bonuses for 40k each. First transaction went fine, with my 40k dropping to the ground and me dragging it to bank. Second transaction, he got the halberd and also snatched the gold before I could drag to bank. Evidence to be found in the journal entries showing his balance of 403k+ at the start and 363k+ when he split without a word.
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=31789
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Name of Scammer: Fede
Stolen item(s): 40k gold and a +25 Halberd of Force
Date of scam: 8/29/2011
His other characters are:

Optimus Prime
i-
Sandro(not the real one)

Happy hunting him, he doesn't leave trammel or his house much though.

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

Name of scammer: GuardianKnight
Stolen item: my boyfriend
Date of Scam: 9/2/2011
Relation to scammer: significant other.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

ehafh wrote:Name of scammer: GuardianKnight
Stolen item: my boyfriend
Date of Scam: 9/2/2011
Relation to scammer: significant other.
No story?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

mrbojangles wrote:Name of scammer: A Skilled Midget a.k.a. Trix the Rabbit a.k.a. Infectious a.k.a. Sillyrabbit

I thought A Skilled Midget and Infectious are not the same player? Infectious is Opie and abrasomething.

Really sad to hear this :(
Shop at Stop&Shop in Yew. We restock daily!

Selling bulk boards and ingots. PM me over forums or in IRC.

Are you new on server? Check our site out: http://uonew.cephcom.net

pm_lamont

Post by pm_lamont »

Infectious and A skilled midget are two separate ppl, though they are butt buddies often found in the same place. Either that or he has some very cool macros, cuz they "pvp" together all the time.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

pm_lamont wrote:Infectious and A skilled midget are two separate ppl, though they are butt buddies often found in the same place. Either that or he has some very cool macros, cuz they "pvp" together all the time.

Yep you're right. I'll change the info.

Although he showed up right after the scam happened, and seems to be somewhat complicit, I can't say he had did anything directly related to the scam itself. Sorry for the bad information.

(I'd still keep an eye on him, but can't call him a scammer.)
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

SneakyT

Post by SneakyT »

Eh screw it I'll stick a short testimony up here.

Date Scammed: Uncertain
Scammer: Kryberth

Just so everyone knows why this scam works I'll go into a short explanation. I sell houses when I have some to sell. The house owner and the house buyer have to be within a couple of tiles from the house sign. (And that distance is perfect for thieves) As soon as I recalled in he asked if anyone was selling a house nearby (I was, and my name was on the sign for contact info.)

I started the trade as I generally would for deed plus small for the small yew vendor house. As I stood under the sign, he seemed "uncertain" if he actually wanted to make the deal etc... Turns out he was just random stealing from me. He managed to get a Runebook. And he was also reluctant to give me the deeds for the house. He kept sitting them around in the house and picking them up, taunting me with them. I eventually grabbed them using scavenger. He then offered to sell me back my Runebook for 20k, no thx.

What you should learn from this: Only transfer to people who are acting sketchy via a trusted Broker, Always accept payment before selling a house. And if something seems to good to be true.... it probably is.
Last edited by SneakyT on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Populus

Post by Populus »

SneakyT wrote:Eh screw it I'll stick a short testimony up here.

Scammer: Kryolith

Just so everyone knows why this scam works I'll go into a short explanation. I sell houses when I have some to sell. The house owner and the house buyer have to be within a couple of tiles from the house sign. (And that distance is perfect for thieves) As soon as I recalled in he asked if anyone was selling a house nearby (I was, and my name was on the sign for contact info.)

I started the trade as I generally would for deed plus small for the small yew vendor house. As I stood under the sign, he seemed "uncertain" if he actually wanted to make the deal etc... Turns out he was just random stealing from me. He managed to get a Runebook. And he was also reluctant to give me the deeds for the house. He kept sitting them around in the house and picking them up, taunting me with them. I eventually grabbed them using scavenger. He then offered to sell me back my Runebook for 20k, no thx.

What you should learn from this: Only transfer to people who are acting sketchy via a trusted Broker, Always accept payment before selling a house. And if something seems to good to be true.... it probably is.
Are you reporting someone for scamming because he stole from you? You had no prior agreement from forums or IRC so this does not belong here IMO.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

SneakyT

Post by SneakyT »

Populus wrote:
SneakyT wrote:Eh screw it I'll stick a short testimony up here.

Scammer: Kryolith

Are you reporting someone for scamming because he stole from you? You had no prior agreement from forums or IRC so this does not belong here IMO.

You should check the description of the thread then. It was posted that "this is an ingame scam" And using a tactic such as pretending to buy a house from you wile stealing from a reputable broker and not intending to trade the deeds over is imo a scam. The only reason I was able to get the deeds was with a stealther and scavenger. He had banned the other characters I had outside the house already.

Populus

Post by Populus »

SneakyT wrote: You should check the description of the thread then.
Oh, my bad. I didn't actually think someone would do this, LOL. Then again, it's GK.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Return to “Traders Discussion”