UOSA economy and general rule of thumb.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

UOSA economy and general rule of thumb.

Post by GuardianKnight »

1. Just because someone offered you something in the past, it does not mean anyone will offer the same in the future. Your item worth is based on the demand at the time.
(example: someone offered you 4 million for your awesome keep that just happens to be a vendor location and then you didn't take it that month. 5 months later, you make a thread asking for what someone offered you in the past. No one bids. Learn to lower your price.

2. This community thrives on discrediting you so they can make a deal. They want your item to look worthless or not worth selling. So you'll sell it to them for a mid sized price and feel like YOU got the deal. (this is what you call a gentle scam)

3. Expect thread hijackers. The mods will make a bunch of threats toward them but there is one thing you can expect and that's people coming to your thread to tear you down. I have been here for over 2 years and nothing changes. The only time someone gets in trouble is if the original poster really hates the person who commented on the thread. Forum mods stand to risk alot by deleting threads due to being players here. There will be people here who will make lies about the things a mod deletes and make them look corrupt. They are really careful not to delete too much.

4. The guild you are involved in does help you sell/buy things. If you are in a known scam guild....smart people avoid buying/selling to you. It really limits the cash flow.

5. Be humble in everything you do. We have egomaniacs here that will spend their entire uo career trying to knock you down a peg because you dared act bold. That means keep all personal opinion and self advertisement in check. (example: I started out here acting like a big shot hero good guy type. People never stop taking jabs at me. A guy named Halogen did the same kinds business I did and kept his mouth shut on irc and forums ....instant love from the community. ) Moral: Keep your mouth shut

6. Don't piss off cA. They will attack you in and out of the game. Fake pictures of you doing stupid crap, drop books all around the game telling people you'll give them money etc.
You won't "not" piss off cA by default. THey are bored so they just pick a random target, but if you are lucky and keep your mouth shut, they'll take longer to get to you.

7. PK's are good for business. They buy potion kegs, regs, magic weapons, and sometimes even rares.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

tumble

Re: UOSA economy and general rule of thumb.

Post by tumble »

Also make friends with a good thief. They get all kinds of good stuff and need people to buy it::>>

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Also: invite hemperor to all parties or he'll make stuff up about you and his girlfriend won't make out with you anymore.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Populus

Post by Populus »

Users caught reading this thread will be put under cA's radar.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

We rarely randomly target people for.anything serious. Yes, we will steal from random people, loot random people, scam random people. But those are always our taking advantage of opportunities. The big, long term cA projects almost always have worthy targets: whiners, nutjobs, those quick to rage, etc. Think of Wise, a young Hemperor, Telamon. Notice the pattern of who really gets the bad treatment. It is more fun for us that way.

In sum, don't be a douche in game and on the forums, and you will only be targeted by us incidentally. But, on the other hand, we might have a good idea and nice as you are we come for you regardless.

And cA is never bored. We have more fun here than anyone else.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Quoted for Future Generations:
GuardianKnight wrote:1. Just because someone offered you something in the past, it does not mean anyone will offer the same in the future. Your item worth is based on the demand at the time.
(example: someone offered you 4 million for your awesome keep that just happens to be a vendor location and then you didn't take it that month. 5 months later, you make a thread asking for what someone offered you in the past. No one bids. Learn to lower your price.

2. This community thrives on discrediting you so they can make a deal. They want your item to look worthless or not worth selling. So you'll sell it to them for a mid sized price and feel like YOU got the deal. (this is what you call a gentle scam)

3. Expect thread hijackers. The mods will make a bunch of threats toward them but there is one thing you can expect and that's people coming to your thread to tear you down. I have been here for over 2 years and nothing changes. The only time someone gets in trouble is if the original poster really hates the person who commented on the thread. Forum mods stand to risk alot by deleting threads due to being players here. There will be people here who will make lies about the things a mod deletes and make them look corrupt. They are really careful not to delete too much.

4. The guild you are involved in does help you sell/buy things. If you are in a known scam guild....smart people avoid buying/selling to you. It really limits the cash flow.

5. Be humble in everything you do. We have egomaniacs here that will spend their entire uo career trying to knock you down a peg because you dared act bold. That means keep all personal opinion and self advertisement in check. (example: I started out here acting like a big shot hero good guy type. People never stop taking jabs at me. A guy named Halogen did the same kinds business I did and kept his mouth shut on irc and forums ....instant love from the community. ) Moral: Keep your mouth shut

6. Don't piss off cA. They will attack you in and out of the game. Fake pictures of you doing stupid crap, drop books all around the game telling people you'll give them money etc.
You won't "not" piss off cA by default. THey are bored so they just pick a random target, but if you are lucky and keep your mouth shut, they'll take longer to get to you.

7. PK's are good for business. They buy potion kegs, regs, magic weapons, and sometimes even rares.

Return to “Traders Discussion”