Removal of Threads

Moderator: Trade Moderators

ScoobyDoO

Removal of Threads

Post by ScoobyDoO »

To whom it may concern,

I've been noticing a lot of threads are being removed from the forums and being moved to different places as whomever is in charge of that is going a little over board. Such as, say you post something up for sale; someone placed a bid and wins whatever you’re selling. Shouldn't the thread not be removed and should just age in that specific forum it was placed on? Threads should not be removed ever and especially in the selling/buying forums section since a nice majority of people gauges whatever there selling on what items have sold before. If the thread becomes derailed and off topic due to negative comments, then those comment's that are off topic should be removed and the person that made them should be given a warning. I thought this was just common sense and when things like that happen, it seems someone is a little to power hungry over there new admin controls on the forums...

That’s all, Thank you for reading.

<3 Scooby DoO

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Removal of Threads

Post by Samorite »

ScoobyDoO wrote:To whom it may concern,

I've been noticing a lot of threads are being removed from the forums and being moved to different places as whomever is in charge of that is going a little over board. Such as, say you post something up for sale; someone placed a bid and wins whatever you’re selling. Shouldn't the thread not be removed and should just age in that specific forum it was placed on? Threads should not be removed ever and especially in the selling/buying forums section since a nice majority of people gauges whatever there selling on what items have sold before. If the thread becomes derailed and off topic due to negative comments, then those comment's that are off topic should be removed and the person that made them should be given a warning. I thought this was just common sense and when things like that happen, it seems someone is a little to power hungry over there new admin controls on the forums...

That’s all, Thank you for reading.

<3 Scooby DoO
If you post a thread "gauging" the interest in a sale its not a sale therefore should be in trade discussion or price check and will be moved

If you post sales that say all bids will be public then except a private offer it will be seemed not fair and will be removed

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

What are you talking about? I'm not even referencing to that thread. I understand why that one was moved and I apologize for doing that. I'm more referencing about legit sales that all of a sudden are removed and this causes a lot of problems for people. I'm really not trying to make it sound like I'm crying about it, it's just something I'm not use too and forums use to be a reliable place to come too, check prices, get advice, communicate with the rest of the shard. Now adays, not so much.

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

Well if you want a full explanation here goes......
ScoobyDoO wrote:legit sales
Can you please tell me of any "legit sales" that have been removed ?
ScoobyDoO wrote:If the thread becomes derailed and off topic due to negative comments, then those comment's that are off topic should be removed
I totally agree, but when the author of the post makes the post de-rail it will be removed
ScoobyDoO wrote:check prices
How can users check prices when a sale is set with public bids only for a duration of 10 days then ended after 2-3 days with a private bid?
ScoobyDoO wrote:it seems someone is a little to power hungry over there new admin controls on the forums...
I am pretty sure if I was causing such a "power hungry" problem there would be an uproar?

I only try to look after the Traders Section which I post my sales in too, If you wish to sell an item in there please state that you "are open to private bids" so all the users are aware before bidding, that fact that you stated
ScoobyDoO wrote:Will not accept private bids.
and
ScoobyDoO wrote:This auction will last 10 days from post date or 24 hours from last bid if the 10 days are up.
And then post
ScoobyDoO wrote:Ending auction. These will be sold to the same person buying mask/sandles. Will post details once beat test and transaction is complete.
This to me is totally misleading, all this did was bump up the price till you was happy with the amount you got with no consideration for any other interested party

So that's why I decided to pull the posts if you still have a problem with this please contact Derrick

Cheers

Samo
Last edited by Samorite on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

You really showed me. Thank god your not a GM in game....(or are you.....)

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

This Topic has nothing to do with uosecondage. Please delete. Thank you

Azeroth

Post by Azeroth »

ScoobyDoO wrote:This Topic has nothing to do with uosecondage. Please delete. Thank you

If this has nothing to do with uosecondage then why did you post in Uosecondage forums?

Causa Mortis

Post by Causa Mortis »

Attachments
off-topic.jpg
off-topic.jpg (20.79 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Well done, Samorite.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Azeroth wrote:
ScoobyDoO wrote:This Topic has nothing to do with uosecondage. Please delete. Thank you

If this has nothing to do with uosecondage then why did you post in Uosecondage forums?
Because I'm dumb

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

And just a FYI, if you read the fine print of my forum (you can't now because you delete everything) "I reserve the right to pull this item from the market for any reason" so I have every right to pull the item from the market for any reason regardless of how long the auction is. There were no private bids, check my inbox. I am not obligated to sell anybody anything nor am I obligated to give reasons or names on what is going on. If you read, I posted I will be posting details after a beat test was in progress, when I came back to my thread to put down details, it was gone. People got butt hurt because things did not happen how they wanted them to happen. Too bad. I did nothing wrong. Derrick is a good guy, always fair, always lets people run there own thread as long as the rules are followed set in place. I broke no rules. Your making up your own rules on what you see fit at any given time. But whatever, it's over now, delete this thread.

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

"FYI" none of the threads have been deleted they have been moved out of main forum, this is done purely to give admin a view of whats been done
ScoobyDoO wrote:Your making up your own rules on what you see fit at any given time. But whatever, it's over now, delete this thread.
the rules are here -> viewtopic.php?f=102&t=43097

these rules have been agreed by admin

Please we can pick at the wording for hours, this thread wont be deleted on your say so if you have an issue with what i have done as stated before please contact Derrick

Thanks for your time

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

I have no reason to contact Derrick. Derrick has more important things to worry about instead of silly things like this. I just wanted to get my words out there and even though they may mean nothing to you, I just wanted to see what kind of quality they have controlling these threads, that's all. I'm not trying to cause any problems. Have a great day!

Return to “Traders Discussion”