How many attempts/bumps do you think would be necessary?

Moderator: Trade Moderators

How long should your greed control your common sense in a sale?

1 week
75%
2 weeks
No votes
more
25%

Total votes: 4

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

How many attempts/bumps do you think would be necessary?

Post by GuardianKnight »

So, let's say you are selling what you consider to be a very expensive item. You put this overpriced item on the forums for people to bid on with a buyout of 3 castle deeds.

How long should you try to sell an item at the current price when no one is bidding?

Personally, I think you should stop bumping after a week.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Cousteau Calypso

Re: How many attempts/bumps do you think would be necessary?

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

I think that if one wants their price to be met, and has the patience and personal reserve to resist the temptation of the quick buck, he/she should hold out for as long as it takes. Its all on the seller and their patience, how much the item is really worth to them, and how quickly they want/need the money.
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

When you ask a minumum bid and set a sellout you should stick with a timeline right at the get go. Any longer you should have just set the price and made it a sale rather then an auction.

Mentality states however in an auction your sale would be bumped until it reaches what the seller had in mind to want to sell it for.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Cousteau Calypso

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:When you ask a minumum bid and set a sellout you should stick with a timeline right at the get go. Any longer you should have just set the price and made it a sale rather then an auction.
I agree with the first statement. Being an "auction" type of sale, there would normally be a timeline set when the item goes up for bid. But sometimes the seller would like to leave it up for sale for quite a while specifically trying to get the most out of it. In this case, there should be a timeline set that starts ticking down once the sellers minimum bid is met. This way, the highest bidder doesn't get too impatient and back out of the deal. Also make sure and specify ALL the details so intentions are absolutely clear.
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~

Return to “Traders Discussion”