Vendor scams -Spellbooks.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Fourforty

Vendor scams -Spellbooks.

Post by Fourforty »

So, I just got scammed at the Yew mall. lucky me, right?

I figured i'd take a risk, and it didn't pay off. I went to buy a full spellbook, and i find one for 3500 from a vendor near yew moongate. Trouble is, it's a 10gp blank spellbook that anybody can get from any NPC mage.

Totally pissed. I mean, I don't have a lot of cash, most goes to regs/armour. so this was a big purchase for my newb-self at this point. It sucks that people do stuff like this.

Which brings me to my main point, Where has 64-spell books? That i can trust will actually be full spellbooks?

In case any of you are wondering, The offending vendor is DarkWings Emporium, small stone, vendor name: Bedelia. Located directly south of the moongate. just before the tower.

I guess i just felt like ranting.

Atraxi

Re: Vendor scams -Spellbooks.

Post by Atraxi »

There is someone out there scamming, under the name of established vendors. So far they have copied DarkWing and myself. I don't know who else.

Here's a link to the topic about them:
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=25904

There's rumors that it's Matron De Winter, but afaik, she's retired from UOSA, so idk who the culprit is.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

lettuce

Post by lettuce »

ha

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Check out PoD vendors that is east of brit moongate. We have every thing you need. No scaming done in that vendor house at all.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Yes, we pirates may shoot you while macroing afk fishing or mining. But we don't scam.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Lucifuge
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lucifuge »

Yea man, spellbooks are one of the easiest things to scam people with. I bought a 'full spellbook' from Cale at Britain bank for 2500gp. Yep, it was empty. I stared at the screen for about 7 seconds in silence. Then I laughed it off and tossed it on the ground. Well played, sir.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Creeper wrote:Yea man, spellbooks are one of the easiest things to scam people with.
Not if you ID them before you buy them.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Lucifuge
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lucifuge »

I didn't know I could do that at the time. :wink:

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Pm me ill give u a free spellbook

Pantyhose

Post by Pantyhose »

Got scammed by the vendor in the large patio behind Yew bank...my first large purchase and got nothing for hours of saving. Anyone have a full spellbook for real?

*edit* Bought a legit full spell book off Talemon's vendor in Moonglow for 4500gp...thanks Talemon. *edit*

Marcus Mooby

Post by Marcus Mooby »

Hi there... I was wondering if anyone could give me some information about these 2 locations. I just started playing a week ago. (played original uo back in 1997-2001) I was trying to buy a full spell book last night from 2 different locations and both times the books were empty. These books were 4k each. I understand that scamming is perfectly in line with the rules in game. I would like to know who owns these 2 houses so i can maybe get the word out to not buy from these people. Thanks!

Location1

location 2

Also... are there any legit people selling full spell books? I still need to buy one. Thanks!
Last edited by Marcus Mooby on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus Mooby

Post by Marcus Mooby »

I'm like 0-2 buying stuff off of vendors.... who to trust? lol

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

there's the player run vendor forum where people advertise their trustworthy vendors...

SurlySanta

Post by SurlySanta »

By the way DON'T buy from the Trisnic Moongate Vendor (directly south of the moongate)! I spent 4K on a "FULL SPELLBOOK" which was empty. :evil:

A noob mistake I'm sure...just really frustrating. Anyone know where I can get a real one?

prosonic
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by prosonic »

seeing this really pisses me off really makes it hard for the new player base... legit full books on my store, ask around about me "prosonic" and my shop ebay to confirm

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3468

Prosonic
[22:41:17] <Braden> Prosonic: If you get drunk and cause trouble here, I am banning ian for life.