Tmap level?

Moderator: Trade Moderators

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Tmap level?

Post by RaveGreen »

Hope this is the right place to ask...

I've collected a few treasure maps from various things, but I am not sure how to know what level they are? Can I itemID them? Do I need a cartographer? Unfortunately I didn't keep track of what they dropped off of, however I could narrow them down to some mobs.

Anything I can do to figure this out?

Thanks

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tmap level?

Post by inkognito »

What mobs? Unfortunately I have the same problem, but I happen to know what a few mobs drop in terms of map levels.
I have over forty maps stashed up. I'm sure 90% of them are level 4s since my hunting areas have been limited to just a few places. You might want to browse for an answer in the old stratics site. I'll see if I can find a link
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Woops wrong link, sorry.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

if you don't pay attention to what drops it then you can't tell what level it is for sure. If you attempt to decode it and it says "you fail to decode the map " (over your head) and you don't get a system message then its a level 1 because at 0.0 cartography you can decode a level 1. if you get "you fail to decode" + a system message bout it being to difficult then its a lvl 2-5. outside of that you need to know what monsters dropped it an what levels they can drop, some drop more then one ex: liches drop 1's and 3's, lockpicking chest seem to drop random maps of any level.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Indeed. If only there were an era accurate table floating out there showing tmap monster drops. All I find is the updated crap post Aug 2001.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

iamreallysquall

Map Level - Monsters
1 - Earth Elementals, Ettins, Evil Mage, Gargoyles, Gazers, Liches, Ogres, Ophidian Enforcers, Ophidian Warriors, Orcs, Orc Lords, Orc Mages, Terathan Warriors, and Trolls.
2 - Air Elementals, Fire Elementals, Frost Trolls, Mummy, Ophidian Apprentice Mages, Ophidian Justicar, Ophidian Shaman, (Ophidian Zealots), Reapers, Sea Serpents, Snow Elementals, Stone Gargoyles, Water Elementals and Wyverns.
3 - Cyclopean Warriors, (Evil Mage Lords), Drakes, Dread Spiders, Efreets, Frost Trolls, Liches, Ogre Lords, Ophidian Avengers, Ophidian Knight-Errants, Snow Elementals and Terathan Avengers.
4 - Daemons, Deep Sea Serpents, Dragons, Elder Gazers, Ice Fiends, Lich Lords, Terathan Matriarchs, Titans and White Wyrms.
5 - Ancient Wyrms, Balrons, Blood Elementals, Ophidian Matriarchs, Poison Elementals and Titans.
Monsters in ( ) need to be confirmed, if you claim any maps from these monsters please delete ( ) and/or adjust it to correct level.

+ some adjustments like i mentioned

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Thank you. This helps a ton.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Golden Egg

Post by Golden Egg »

Also you can find tmaps in the chests that are used for training lockpicking (aka level 4 chests in dungeons). The tmap that you receive reflects the level of chest it was attained from, so if you get a map from a level 4 chest, it will be a level 4 map.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Golden Egg wrote:Also you can find tmaps in the chests that are used for training lockpicking (aka level 4 chests in dungeons). The tmap that you receive reflects the level of chest it was attained from, so if you get a map from a level 4 chest, it will be a level 4 map.
Unfortunately this is false. You get random maps out of lvl 4 chests. Most of the ones I've gotten are lvl 1.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

iamreallysquall

Pirul wrote:
Golden Egg wrote:Also you can find tmaps in the chests that are used for training lockpicking (aka level 4 chests in dungeons). The tmap that you receive reflects the level of chest it was attained from, so if you get a map from a level 4 chest, it will be a level 4 map.
Unfortunately this is false. You get random maps out of lvl 4 chests. Most of the ones I've gotten are lvl 1.
^ ive gotten any from from a 1-5 so thats the correct info

Return to “Traders Discussion”