"Secluded homes"

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Excretious
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

"Secluded homes"

Post by Excretious »

*ENRAGED*

I cannot understand how my definition of "secluded" can be so drastically different from others. Sometimes, when I'm really angry, I want to reach through my computer monitor like its some kind of portal, grab the guy on the other end by the collar and shake the hell out of the him. With spit shooting out of my mouth I want to scream right in his face... "Theres a bigass tower right behind yours Bro!!!" , "It fucking says SECLUDED right there in the TITLE!!!"

And this isnt just directed at the most recent example, its directed at all the big names that do this shit.

Because of the population decline, there should be secluded homes everywhere but thats a whole other issue that gets me almost equally angry.

If you want me to post examples of what true secluded homes are , I will but im sure you guys can figure it out....

*calming down*

Im really not a jerk IRL, but if im forced to click on another secluded home link only to see fucking houses everywhere in the overview, well then, i dunno what im gonna do, but its gonna be violent

Freight Elevator

Re: "Secluded homes"

Post by Freight Elevator »

I'll answer this directly because you're obviously talking about my thread (ShamelessPlug SECLUDED Tower For Sale. Yes, it really is secluded.).
se·clud·ed
adjective
adjective: secluded
(of a place) not seen or visited by many people ; sheltered and private.
"the gardens are quiet and secluded"
synonyms: sheltered, private, concealed, hidden, unfrequented, sequestered, tucked away
"a secluded little park"

Times I've seen a moveable object while in or out front of the tower:
  • -a mongbat (pictured here)
    -lizardman x~5
    -alligator x~3
    -Lambo & Miller when Miller showed me the house to offer as a trade
    -Miller traded it to me
    -Banks recalled in and recalled out one time
    Total NPC visits: 9
    Total PC visits: 4
    Total Stealth Break-In Attempts: 0 (I think?)
Number of houses visible from front doors: 0

Times I've seen nearby house owners: 0

Times TG has set up archer bots near recall spot: 0

Personal criteria for secluded tag consideration:
  • -(of a place) not seen or visited by many people (check); sheltered (check) and private (check).
    -synonyms: sheltered (technically, check), private (check), concealed (check), hidden (check), unfrequented (check), sequestered (check), tucked away (check)
    "a secluded little park" ("a secluded large tower") (check)
Times you can eat a bag of dicks:
  • -All of the times
**Don't take this too seriously I'm just kidding around!**
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I believe when sellers proclaim their homes secluded, it USUALLY means no other homes/homeowners for atleast 1 or 2 screens. But inactive neighbors could also give a large sense of seclusion. It's the buyer's responsibility ultimately. They can say "secluded tower on an island with lich spawns on top of a volcano!"
If it ain't and you still buy it; that's on you.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

I'll chime in on this because I found it funny.. What about "gate house" home sales? Look at the pics and the house is 5-10 screens away with a UOAM in zoom out mode. People will say anything to get someone to click. My definition of a "gate house" is within one screen. k thanks.

Return to “Traders Discussion”