Have you noticed this about the rares market?

Moderator: Trade Moderators

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Have you noticed this about the rares market?

Post by GuardianKnight »

All of the experienced rares collectors are banned, the server births on one day are worth 10 million and on the next are worth 3, and everything of REAL value is now being devalued. The current rare owner/buyers are all fairly new compared to old vets and are making it up as they go along; Playing a socioeconomical game to keep the prices in their ranges.

It's like 6 years of UOSA were just erased and we started over, but not in the right way. It is inconsistent and fluctuates. Not to mention, the fact that people now are taking the word of anyone with a rare that it is worth what they say. Not that it matters, because we seem to have a 1% type situation on uosa again. We don't have enough people with enough gold to actually afford anything.

The remnants of the old collectors are all playing on a trammel shard right now.

So, not only do we not have gold for the rares that are available, a great majority of our stockpile on the server are forever untouchable.

I would assume that we have actually banned quite a few people that kept uniques and server births in their banks. I think something should be done about that situation too.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Capitalist

Re: Have you noticed this about the rares market?

Post by Capitalist »

What do you propose sir noble trammelite?!

btw... proposing that Cave (since only Cave would pay obscene amounts for births and uniques, even rumored to have once tried to buy some for $6,000!) manipulated and fixed the rares market into a suitable, feasibly long lasting place is absurd at best.
Last edited by Capitalist on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

matchstick

Post by matchstick »

Its not inexperience, its not a game, it simple economics. Its only worth what someone will pay. If the highest bidder on a server birth will only pay 5mil that's what its worth. It doesn't matter what you value it at, its what others will pay. If you don't like the offer, don't take it, but don't bitch that something is devalued because you OVER value it.
LlamaShop - Dealing in all your mount and pet related needs!

Nightmares: Pure-60k | Long-25k | Short-20k || Frenzys: "Ugly" -3k | Shadow-15k || White Wyrms & Dragons -5k

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

1.Unban everyone!
2.Bring back automated events!
3.Empty old banned players bank accounts before unbanning and reset the server births that were in banks or decayed.
4.Start events that actually have some kind of effect on the in game world; like trinsic was broken for months after the siege.

5. Generally, stop cheating everyone, and bring back the honorable trade. Something that seems to have disappeared in the last year, completely. There shouldn't be a majority of trades where one side had to agree to less than a fair price, just because they were desperate.

6. Bring back event trophies. I don't know when we got a bunch of conservative republicans put in charge of rewards, but this is a game, and in games, people are supposed to feel entitled to rewards. That's just how it works.

These are ideas to atleast chip away at the stagnation that has become our market here. If most of your population are not offered the same opportunities that past players received, there will not be a real market. Just a back and forth of 3 people who get bored of things and sell them to their friends.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

You clearly don't understand the term "culture" GK. See, what happens when time passes and certain names slowly inherit all great things, that's when culture begins. UOSA has a culture. You don't like it? Get out. Do I think this is a shitty 2-bit effort to try to get more items for your museum? Absolutely!!! You know what's also great about culture, and specifically evolution? They're infinitely changing, no better and no worse than the previous. So fear not little GK, just because others won't be given a Kaivan-on-crack Christmas special doesn't mean that certain things won't fall out. Speaking of which, want to buy any of my old railroad bonds? I'll be glad to trade them for stock shares at 50% value, because you know, I'm nice.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Capitalist wrote:What do you propose sir noble trammelite?!

btw... proposing that Cave (since only Cave would pay obscene amounts for births and uniques, even rumored to have once tried to buy some for $6,000!) manipulated and fixed the rares market into a suitable, feasibly long lasting place is absurd at best.
I don't back anything that cave did. He and someone else pretty much destroyed a good chunk of history on this server. He did, though, pay everyone what they wanted for their items. It left no room AT ALL for people to consistently harrass people in their trade threads. They knew that they would have to offer a real price or cave would get it. It made the market a real competition.

How many of the things from Cave's idoc ended up in the bank of someone who mainly plays UOR? I would guess atleast half.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Unless the 1/2 went to cheating players, that's impossible. UOR has no one that actually really plays the server. UOF? Sure. UOR? lol no. More importantly, let's just bring back neon sandals because damn people for quitting and banking stuff! In the meantime, I want a dyed mask and a special little pretty pink sash that says "Vega's heart". Get out of here with that nonsense.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Capitalist wrote:You clearly don't understand the term "culture" GK. See, what happens when time passes and certain names slowly inherit all great things, that's when culture begins. UOSA has a culture. You don't like it? Get out. Do I think this is a shitty 2-bit effort to try to get more items for your museum? Absolutely!!! You know what's also great about culture, and specifically evolution? They're infinitely changing, no better and no worse than the previous. So fear not little GK, just because others won't be given a Kaivan-on-crack Christmas special doesn't mean that certain things won't fall out. Speaking of which, want to buy any of my old railroad bonds? I'll be glad to trade them for stock shares at 50% value, because you know, I'm nice.

I have never resorted to any crazy tactics for anything I have obtained. I have randomly pm'd people after staying up too late, giving them shit about their prices....(atleast it was a PM) This isn't a ploy.
95% of everything I have owned (my things) were bought from farming in covetous.

I just think there should be a method to the madness. It seems to me that people are putting value on sale items based on the person selling them. For example: People dislike kabal. He obviously overcharged for his furny dye tub. People felt the need to spend the entire day telling him how stupid he was. THey could have just let it be, but they aren't there to help him out; they want his furny dye tub. The intention was to bully him into lowering his price.

Every time I see someone undercut an SB in public, all I see is someone who is interested in the thing being sold, and doing their best to fight off the potential of its value going up before they make it their own.. This is against the trade rules, even. If you want to tell someone how wrong they are, you pm them.

BananaKush

Post by BananaKush »

I back GK on this, more and more people are sliding over to another shard. I myself am guilty of such a thing. I just log on to refresh my houses and hold on to the 3 rares from caves idoc. Its not right for the oncoming noobs not to have a shot at rewards!

Im just glad im having fun else where and not trying to burn my time on a ever failing server that's progressively getting worse. All I ask if if you do decide to come over to where everyone fled too-DO NOT BRING VEGA. Took a popular vote the other day and VEGA is BANNED on site.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Is this where I PM you and tell you that your original posts and followups hardly even correspond in concept? Nope. This is where I stop posting because my points are clear ACROSS THE BOARD SLAM DUNK. Traders Discussion, OUT.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

GuardianKnight wrote:All of the experienced rares collectors are banned, the server births on one day are worth 10 million and on the next are worth 3, and everything of REAL value is now being devalued. The current rare owner/buyers are all fairly new compared to old vets and are making it up as they go along; Playing a socioeconomical game to keep the prices in their ranges.

It's like 6 years of UOSA were just erased and we started over, but not in the right way. It is inconsistent and fluctuates. Not to mention, the fact that people now are taking the word of anyone with a rare that it is worth what they say. Not that it matters, because we seem to have a 1% type situation on uosa again. We don't have enough people with enough gold to actually afford anything.

The remnants of the old collectors are all playing on a trammel shard right now.

So, not only do we not have gold for the rares that are available, a great majority of our stockpile on the server are forever untouchable.

I would assume that we have actually banned quite a few people that kept uniques and server births in their banks. I think something should be done about that situation too.
That's very true and i'm glad someone finally said it.

Its stupid. I totally agree with the part about some players making it up as they go along and other players just listening to them.

I'll also like to add that these players generally never have over 5 million actual gold but think that they are worth over 100 mil lol.

That goes along with "making up values as you go a long" part.

I sometimes feel like saying how about you take a screen shot of you saying Balance.

Who actually has the liquid assests on this server? You're rich? lol

BALANCEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Last edited by Taboo on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

My 27 mill and 3000+ silver verse your 6 mill. Come at me bro. Gold is infinite. Server births, uniques? Scurry on child.

Edit so Taboo can read it:

My 27 mill and 3000+ silver verse your 6 mill.

Come at me bro.

Gold is infinite.

Server births, uniques?

Scurry on child.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Capitalist wrote:
My 27 mill and 3000+ silver verse your 6 mill.

Come at me bro.

Gold is infinite.

Server births, uniques?

Scurry on child.
If you are talking to me, and referring to the 6 million on Taboo alone. I'd just point to the fact that i have millions of several chars.
Gee, like my Tamer.

I also really don't think you are half as rich as you claim. Screens please.
Last edited by Taboo on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Capitalist wrote:Is this where I PM you and tell you that your original posts and followups hardly even correspond in concept? Nope. This is where I stop posting because my points are clear ACROSS THE BOARD SLAM DUNK. Traders Discussion, OUT.

You led the conversation away from its intended path and into your own intended path. I just responded accordingly.

You weren't talking about the subject here. You were talking about you. The ideas in the original post really had nothing to do with any of your responses. You then went into non game related, "fuzzy logic", based on your personal ideas of economics. You looked at my OP, ignored it, and started your own thread right below my post.

Eat pie. Because pie is good. If you don't like pie, tough titties. I don't want to hear about your cake.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

You said titties. Titties and cake, mmm.