Have you noticed this about the rares market?

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Have you noticed this about the rares market?

Post by Taboo »

Im sure the value of my accounts are worth around 50 mil with around 15 mil in liquid gold.
Because that's how much it would take for you to recreate the chars and whatever else I have here on UOSA.

It is what it is.

If you have so many millions in liquid assests and so much silver. Why not take a screen shot of it?

Furthermore, I was under the impression that a server without a trammel basically requires that game play define who you are.
I honestly will never understand letting rares be your defining characteristic when Derrick can recreate what you have instantly.

Nerdy nerd :lol:

I also don't particularly care for the IDOC game play type because it seems very vulture like.

Bonne chance.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Taboo wrote:Im sure the value of my accounts are worth around 50 mil with around 15 mil in liquid gold.
Because that's how much it would take for you to recreate the chars and whatever else I have here on UOSA.
Wait, can we sell our accounts for ingame gold? If not, frankly, accounts (your actual characters) aren't worth dick. The trade-able items on those accounts however is where the money's at.
So any clown colored hair vanity paperdoll will never be worth much more than whatever shady account sharing deal someone risks doing.

Taboo wrote:Furthermore, I was under the impression that a server without a trammel basically requires that game play define who you are.
I honestly will never understand letting rares be your defining characteristic when Derrick can recreate what you have instantly.
This is an honest inquiry...I'm wondering just how you can boast your accounts being worth 50m in gold and then in the same post feign like you don't understand the idea of using rares as another avenue to play, progress, and enjoy the game? Any and all of these pixels can be used to define you: gold, rares, homes, fish steaks... just as much as your "skill" and dexterity using hotkeys and clicking the mouse. Thats the beauty of this game that I have yet to seen duplicated in ANY other game in existence. You can play a hundred different ways and yet your still a grown man playing a old ass wizard game.
Taboo wrote:Nerdy nerd :lol:
Grown men playing a game that is getting closer and closer to being a quarter of a century old...lets not judge.
Taboo wrote: I also don't particularly care for the IDOC game play type because it seems very vulture like.

Bonne chance.
I don't really care for IDOCing either and I don't really attend any unless I get wind of it by chance. But hey, if I'm not there, someone is going to be there whether we like it or not. Besides, a chance for free pixels create a lot of impromptu community event-like atmosphere. The silver lining behind the sad truth that someone probably quit cold turkey and let their stuff drop to the ground.

*edit*
Sorry GK Off Topic.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

[/quote]

I don't really care for IDOCing either and I don't really attend any unless I get wind of it by chance. But hey, if I'm not there, someone is going to be there whether we like it or not. Besides, a chance for free pixels create a lot of impromptu community event-like atmosphere. The silver lining behind the sad truth that someone probably quit cold turkey and let their stuff drop to the ground.

*edit*
Sorry GK Off Topic.[/quote]

This thing went off the rails a LOOOOONG time ago. No point in apologizing :P
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Simply put, it would take every bit of 50 mil for you to acquire the valuables I have and recreate my chars. And yes that includes the fact that everyone of my chars has neon hair/beards.

I don't however go around letting that define who I am on uosa and I don't understand the players who do.... as opposed to just letting what you have speak for itself.

What kind of person takes it so seriously about being wealthy on a game and why would you be a dick about it?

Why do players hoard? Why do they exaggerate the value of the items they have? Why not instead go tame a dragon, provo some mobs, or pvp?

Sorry about derailing your thread GK, this is my last post on it.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

GuardianKnight wrote: This thing went off the rails a LOOOOONG time ago. No point in apologizing :P
Good. :)

I do think its a waste when banned people take actual pixels away from the community (when they have server births and other non-spawnable highly sought after pixels along with a handful of castle deeds rot forever in their bank boxes).
I always maintained years ago that when people are banned, their bank boxes should be stripped. But any approach to redistribute those items back into the community would be absurd to me.
Taboo wrote:
Why do players hoard? Why do they exaggerate the value of the items they have? Why not instead go tame a dragon, provo some mobs, or pvp?
I know where you're coming from. But again, this game lets you play HUNDREDS of ways. A person can be overzealous and rude about every single one of those play styles. Hoarders will exaggerate the value of the items just like PvPers will exaggerate the level of their skill. But that doesn't go for all hoarders nor does it include all PvPers.

Lets not kid ourselves, there have been some dastardly tamers on this shard who weren't afraid to "be a dick about it". Same with thieves, bards, don't get me started on PvPers and PK's. We have whole sections of the forums dedicated to giving these people outlets to beat their chest about how serious they are about what they do ingame. That includes robbing people of EVERYTHING in their home and posting pics about it. Or the hundreds of kill shots and whatever that people like to argue about in trash talk.
The creative and cruel ways to be jerks to one another over pixels is what makes up a lot of the shard/forum

Also...no offense, but there is no allowed circumstance on this shard in which neon hair dye is worth anything after its been used. Its like putting a gold value on how many times someone's changed their name with a name change deed. These exhaustible items have no value after they have been exhausted. We can speculate how much gold our time is worth fashioning our paperdolls, but without the pixels being readily available to trade to another player for pixelated gold, its really just empty speculation. It may look pretty to a lot of people, but it has no gold value.
My account, along with everyone elses, is only worth what can be traded for pixel gold. (Given we are all trying to follow the shard rules)
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation