Swing timer

Topics related to Second Age
Venitas

Swing timer

Post by Venitas »

I red a bit about swing timers and double hits. At the moment i do all of this manually and try to practice it but Is it any macro connected to it? I mean let say after swing it drops halabard straight to the backpack and than take it back or whatever needed to get it more accurate ? Any advices here or useful information would be appreciated.Unless it is a massive secret and nobody wants to share.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Swing timer

Post by Mikel123 »

I could be wrong, but AFAIK, it is possible to set up a swing timer macro, but since the timer depends on whether or not you're moving, I'd have to guess that it would be prone to error. I would guess most people here - the vast, vast majority - do this manually.

For double-hits, I don't know if anyone has the slightest idea how those occur on UOSA.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Mikel123 wrote:I could be wrong, but AFAIK, it is possible to set up a swing timer macro, but since the timer depends on whether or not you're moving, I'd have to guess that it would be prone to error. I would guess most people here - the vast, vast majority - do this manually.

For double-hits, I don't know if anyone has the slightest idea how those occur on UOSA.

There is a .25 second time frame from when you equip the hally to get a double swing, So your best chance to get more double hits is equip the hally right before u get to that person or right before they run into you. Dexxers have higher chances to get double hits because dex increases swing speed which also increases your .25 time frame to double hit.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Mikel123 wrote:I could be wrong, but AFAIK, it is possible to set up a swing timer macro, but since the timer depends on whether or not you're moving, I'd have to guess that it would be prone to error. I would guess most people here - the vast, vast majority - do this manually.

Did this get fixed? There was a time here where full blown swinging on the run was accidentally added back in and Derrick said he would get it corrected eventually. I never noticed any mention of it getting added back in and assumed it was still working with this unintended implementation of not having to pause for .25 seconds to swing.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

You haven't needed to pause for the swing for over a year.

It went like this:
-Swing timer would not advance at all while moving - needed to stand still for the entire duration of your swing timer. This could be done in increments. (eg, pause for .5s, run, pause for 1s, run, pause for 1s, swing)
Patched to:
-Swing state would not advance while moving. The timer would count down while you moved but you would not move into "swing is ready" until you stopped moving for 1 tick.
Patched to:
-Swing timer/swing state is not dependent on movement (current)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Just time it manually. It's good practice to just time interpreting the swing standing next to someone practicing arming it with perfect timing. Use 0 object delay!

That .25 sec thing for a double hit, I have never experienced that and I swing my hally like that for most of my swings anyway (interpreting when the wrestle is about to fire, arming hally and swinging, even while right next to your opponent). For one thing, I believe the server enforced object delay is over 0.25s by a fair margin. So arming a hally twice in that time frame is actually impossible.

I did recently discover how to double hit about 70% of the time though, and that is not how you do it. So far have used it successfully in field about 10 times. Kilt a guy hiding in his house in one bang before he could even ban me!
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Faust

Post by Faust »

That was my understanding nightshark.

Sounded like mikel stated the opposite where the unintentional implementation of the free movement swing timer had finally been corrected and slipped by my radar since being away.

Derrick said #2 should be the way it's suppose to be working but that still isn't the case to this day.

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:Just time it manually. It's good practice to just time interpreting the swing standing next to someone practicing arming it with perfect timing. Use 0 object delay!

That .25 sec thing for a double hit, I have never experienced that and I swing my hally like that for most of my swings anyway (interpreting when the wrestle is about to fire, arming hally and swinging, even while right next to your opponent). For one thing, I believe the server enforced object delay is over 0.25s by a fair margin. So arming a hally twice in that time frame is actually impossible.

I did recently discover how to double hit about 70% of the time though, and that is not how you do it. So far have used it successfully in field about 10 times. Kilt a guy hiding in his house in one bang before he could even ban me!
Is the object delay you speak of the option listed under 'More Options' in Razor? If so, do you always leave it at 0? I thought you had to add a small object delay (1000 or 1100ms) so that you could drink a potion and automatically re-equip your hally if you had it equipped prior to drinking the potion.

Venitas

Post by Venitas »

So if you can share a bit are you guys usibg any macros for it? Can you share with yours knowledge?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Faust wrote:That was my understanding nightshark.

Sounded like mikel stated the opposite where the unintentional implementation of the free movement swing timer had finally been corrected and slipped by my radar since being away.

Derrick said #2 should be the way it's suppose to be working but that still isn't the case to this day.
I thought #2 was a better system tbh. Glad it will make a comeback.
Venitas wrote:So if you can share a bit are you guys usibg any macros for it? Can you share with yours knowledge?
Pretty sure nobody runs hally macros
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Rykker wrote: Is the object delay you speak of the option listed under 'More Options' in Razor? If so, do you always leave it at 0? I thought you had to add a small object delay (1000 or 1100ms) so that you could drink a potion and automatically re-equip your hally if you had it equipped prior to drinking the potion.
Yes that is the option. I only turn it back to 1100 to use my restock agent because that doesn't work at 0 delay. Neither do a lot of other multiple item macros like the unequip and drink a pot macro you mentioned.

This is because there is a server side object delay of about 900ms + your ping. (I believe?)

Object delay spaces out your button presses to the delay you set. With it on, if you press you arm hot key twice in 500ms, Razor will space the button presses to be 1100ms seconds apart. This is because if you try to do things faster than the ~900ms server enforced object delay, they won't work. So it allows you to be more sloppy with your timing and have Razor space things out for you so every button you press has an effect. This is why after furious button pressing during a fight with object delay, it is quite easy to end up with a huge item que, even if you have que off.

The down side is you have to be precise with your timing and do everything manually, the upside is that you have much more precise control timing over things. There are excellent PvPers that use object delay, ones that don't, and ones that use the full que system.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

<---- Fully qu'ed since 2010.... or since I learned to calm down and not mash buttons. :D

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Double lightning with que is awesome.