Post by TheRealDeal »

i wish there was a auto event system

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: I wish...

Post by Roser »

TheRealDeal wrote:i wish there was a auto event system

I also wish people would shut up about that. I've always had loads more fun playing the game in the risky environment it was meant to be played in, opposed to an automated risk free square in green acres.

You should try the official UO servers, I'm sure they have tons of crap like that, also trammel.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Heh, rose, if there were 900 people online then maybe.
But a good way to get more people to log in is with events.
Heck rose how often do you play? Exactly.
The games 16 years old. Us vets are tapped and capped man.
Events at least make the folks who don't play at all, log in.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

TheRealDeal

Post by TheRealDeal »

yeah cuz fighting the same 3 people at gy for endgame pvp is so fun

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Spoiler alert:

There is no end game. Fighting the same 3 people or the same 300 is nearly identical. Group PvP is obviously different than 1v1, but meh. Eventually the skill curve flattens and its all the same regardless. Especially when you're at the top. If you can't enjoy PvP right here and now then there's nothing that's going to make this exciting for you. Events are just fighting the same people under different enforced rulesets...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

But if we had auto events back, the sky would turn white, the clouds would part, and God Almighty would descend down upon us and bless the shard...instantly granting us 1,000 new people who have little to no responsibility outside of playing uo tournaments. These individuals would also obviously never be bored with an ancient wizard game. They would all also alternate random play times on a very complex algorithmic schedule to ALWAYS give every individual a new player to pvp. There won't be a repeat of pvp matches for 10 years!
Once the shard secures this blessed entitlement of population, every single old vet (who all quit for entirely different reasons than "no events I'm out") will come back. This will push the population to a near 2k unique ips every 4 minutes of the day.
So don't give up hope!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Heh say what you want but CTF was an insane amount of fun
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Menkaure wrote:Heh say what you want but CTF was an insane amount of fun
Make your own CTF.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

TheRealDeal

Post by TheRealDeal »

Capitalist wrote:
Make your own CTF.
its not the same. player ran ctf blows

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

actually this I will fully concede. I'd play that for hours.
And per my brainstorming post in suggestions fight night thread, a sort of king of the hill/fight for a town type of variant could possibly be interesting. Giving that old school ctf feel without encroaching on things that just can't/won't be implemented at this time.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Menk I advise you to change your language when talking about events vs the scripted auto events that occurred here in the past. You make it sound like there are no events here, when in reality there are a lot. So please be more specific for the sake of newcomers.

Crying about these old auto events day in and day out is not a good thing, it really needs to stop. They have been gone for what, two years now? Two years.... its time to get over it.

My suggestion to all who Auto-Cry: Your negative beating of a dead horse is terrible for this community, it does nothing but stink up the forums and scare people away. Please start using that wasted energy for something good. Start coming up with fresh new ideas for PvP events, work within the parameters of era accuracy and present your ideas to the community. I promise you staff will listen and make something happen.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Rose,
That was my first post on events in forever. Secondly I'm not crying, this was merely an opinion.
Third, some gms actually made an ERAACCURATE automated event theory that was accurate to the teet but it was shot down by supreme leader K.
Lastly rose, I think you've done much good for this shard and I respect you highly, but please don't think for a second that we "event cry babies" aren't allowed to voice out opinion.
As I said before rose, when's the last time you played?
Your hunger games event was awesome but that's the last I saw of you.
Your just as inactive as me man.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

On a slightly unrelated note, I'm chilling out watching some TV and I keep hearing the new Jockey commercials. Their slogan, "Supporting Greatness", sounds dangerously close to "Supporting Rapists".
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

TheRealDeal

Post by TheRealDeal »

yeah there might be a decent amount of events but they all are bad and boring. no one wants this, we want auto events back we want leaderboards fuck player ran lame community bullshit theyre so bad i dont understand why even bother hosting shitty events for a low population like get ya game up uosa you slackin

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Menkaure wrote:Third, some gms actually made an ERAACCURATE automated event theory that was accurate to the teet but it was shot down by supreme leader K.
Really? When did this happen?
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org