will ebolt take you to 80 resist?

Topics related to Second Age
Nemo the bard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

will ebolt take you to 80 resist?

Post by Nemo the bard »

Good afternoon,
I'm at work constantly checking myuosa like an addict just wondering.... will e bolting myself get me to 80 resist or will I be forced to do FS?
It seems like it has stalled at 73.7.
Thanks!

Blood

Re: will ebolt take you to 80 resist?

Post by Blood »

I remembering doing this long time ago and Energy Volts take you up to +80 it just take lots and lots of regs. Anyways its better than doing FS.

If you have a healer and GM meditation it will be faster with a good macro of course.

Nemo the bard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nemo the bard »

wahoo!
Just checked, it is at 75, slowly but surely!
I know it's not the most efficient but I am healing myself with bandaids as part of the macro. I don't have another healer so this route has to work for me.
Thanks!

Blood

Post by Blood »

It will work, the main problem is that self healing is 14 secs while healing other is 7 secs. Anyways at least you have something. Good luck with Resist... surely one of the most resource wasting skills.

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Does that trick with hired mages still work? I'm spending a lot of reags for small gains, from 90.5 to GM. I'm GM Magery already. Or there's a better way?
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Blood

Post by Blood »

I think it doesn't work anymore. EV and FS use cheap regs but still you will need a few thousands.

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

Edit: should you be thinking about the ww session, I would be more than glad to make a nice gesture and pay for it, since you are a new player. PM me here or IRC.

Gaining resist is so slow when you get to 90+... I asked around and paid for a resist session with white wyrms. When you bard up around 20k, I think it is well worth it! But that's me. I would rather spend 20k than wait an eternity macro flamestriking myself. Not to mention it was a sight to behold seeing so many wyrms on a boat.

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Yeah, I'm with you, 20k is cheap against tons of reags and a week macroing.

Who is doing this? I'm willing to pay for a session too.

One more thing, I did read sometime ago about a trick with a earthquake scroll, but I have no idea how it works, someone knows it?
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

Kabup wrote:Yeah, I'm with you, 20k is cheap against tons of reags and a week macroing.

Who is doing this? I'm willing to pay for a session too.

One more thing, I did read sometime ago about a trick with a earthquake scroll, but I have no idea how it works, someone knows it?

I know what you mean, it's the EQ macro in mikel123's post here:

viewtopic.php?p=133279

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea who's doing WW sessions nowadays, but I would suggest asking around in IRC, or via discord, where the community seems to be hanging around these days. Good luck!

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

Nemo the bard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nemo the bard »

Just thought I would update -
E bolt only took me up to 91.4 magery and 83.something resist before I turned it off. The WW thing sounds like the way to go, if you find anyone providing the service let us know!

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

I didn't found nobody, so I set up the stuff by myself.
I followed this guy:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=49232

Some points:
-My healer doesn't can cure with bands (61), so I have to drink lesser cures, through macro.
-I tamed 5 wyrms. Not enough, for sure. I got 3 or 4 fs every 90s. I think I need at least 20 or more wyrms to give me good gains. I'll go for it. (but not the 100 wyrms, that is insane).
-You need to be in the same guild, the victim and the tamer, otherwise you will become gray inside the guard zone when you attack the wyrms (once every 6 min). You and the healer. If you are afk, you are a easy prey.
-I did die once. The macro failed, razor macros are not to be trusted. You can't be full AFK.

PS: In the same post above, there's a alternative way, standing near a ankh, attack the wyrms, die, rez, and attack again. Somebody does that?

Below there's a rpv file, showing the work in progress.
Attachments
Kabup_4-1_19.57.rpv
(12.17 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=65727&p=551534&hil ... hir+resist

See this link, Farenathir may still be providing this service.
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Hey, thanks, I will try it. That is what I need. Maybe he still have the pack of ww.

I did set up 10 ww, but the gains after 90 are still slow. 7 or 8 fs in 90s, and 0.2 points in a hour, this will take forever. And I need to raise 3 chars.