Anyone here from Pacific?

Topics related to Second Age
AlaroAlarason

Re: Anyone here from Pacific?

Post by AlaroAlarason »

I remember SirLagsalot, Ciengarde, Jaelithe, Trelar, Alydar and others from Shen Al Cahar house of CSE later we split off over some dispute and formed DoV defenders of Valor. I Really loved CSE and that was a sad day but oh man the shenanigans and that sirlagsalot was so funny. I remember some guild using the reflection bug on Jaelithe to get her guard killed and she lost all the keys and treasure and runes and all. Over 100 players quit CSE and UO over that.

It was the single most effective attack on any guild I ever heard of. Brilliant!

DoV set down a castle and just as it laid down he crashed so never received the keys so it decayed while the GMS delayed and did nothing.

It was such a time of highs and lows. No other game came close for me except DAOC.

I loved my provocation bard. My time ended when they wrecked her with line of sight.

I remember pranks like teleporting hapless victims to islands in the middle of nowhere. rep meant something, skills gained meant work.

I used to go around pretending to tame rocks, lamp posts, bushes, player boots, toes and faint while pretending to discover my corpse from a past life as a moth in the lamp posts.

Also hiding and saying silly stuff while invisible.

Lawyer

Post by Lawyer »

Lawyer from Jhelom checking in.

Galad

Post by Galad »

Boom read below.
Last edited by Galad on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galad

Post by Galad »

Alright just got reading all nine pages. This brought back so many memories of so many things. I truely miss those days I played and committed to Ultima. I remember when Ooji first joined FL and we created the ERT (early response team) on ventrilo or how we used to roam around with his cockroach and my llama just killing everyone in our wake. Murmer, Ahh man you are one of the best guys I had a blast with on Uo. Even so Du-sith, dude you still a cop in RI, if so lets meet up some time soon. I know a great deal of you and spent many of hours talking and killing with you guys. To be honest; FL unlike other guilds, was like a home and that home had a lot of explo precasts. Since those days I have been looking for a game just like UO but, nothing can beat it even today. I am interested in the new Ultima Forever. I remember a great deal of you all and I hope we can chat it up more, I created a FL facebook years ago; for the community I run. Check it out; and see where FL is today we are preping for ArcheAge.

However, those days of X roads, Yew Portal and random dungeon crashes and epic battles with anits will always remain with me. Also I will say this; I miss UO trash talk, at least it was creative and interesting.

-Galad the looter
UO 98-03'
Fallen Lords.

www.facebook.com/FallenLordscommunity

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I tried in 02 or 03 to rejoin FL with Retri but the guild had changed so much. The whole thing fell apart when Dracos boned us by selling the tower. I spent a good amount of time with Retri and Thanatos working on the new guild but it was doomed from the start. That was what, late 99 early 00?

When I came back in 03, it was a totally different guild. It seemed that the playerbase had degraded greatly compared to the people we had before who were more... mature? Cie la vie
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Galad

Post by Galad »

Corbin wrote:I tried in 02 or 03 to rejoin FL with Retri but the guild had changed so much. The whole thing fell apart when Dracos boned us by selling the tower. I spent a good amount of time with Retri and Thanatos working on the new guild but it was doomed from the start. That was what, late 99 early 00?

When I came back in 03, it was a totally different guild. It seemed that the playerbase had degraded greatly compared to the people we had before who were more... mature? Cie la vie
I am not really sure when it was, but I think it was 03 when we did let everyone anyone start joining FL, however the Core guild was always the same at least maybe for me. But what killed it all for me was the whole Item System then when they announced the "samurais" I was like... uhh okie I'm done this is not the game I remember. By the way I do remember Mystic a little, as a distant memory. I'm not sure if you remember me or not; but I was there at the founding of FL as well.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Galad wrote:I am not really sure when it was, but I think it was 03 when we did let everyone anyone start joining FL, however the Core guild was always the same at least maybe for me. But what killed it all for me was the whole Item System then when they announced the "samurais" I was like... uhh okie I'm done this is not the game I remember. By the way I do remember Mystic a little, as a distant memory. I'm not sure if you remember me or not; but I was there at the founding of FL as well.
Not off the top of my head. My shining moment in the guild was causing the havoc between FL and Entreri when they were "invited" into the tower by Dracos. Their guild leader and I didn't get along one bit because I felt they were trespassing so I took to assassinating all Entreri I saw outside the tower and almost got him one day when they were having a meeting inside the tower. Eventually I killed one of them who happened to be female and we ended up getting UO married which bound the two guilds together for about a month or two which is when the tower was sold and everything kinda split.

Had around 4 GMs do the wedding which was done on Fire Island at the demon temple. Lots of people from a lot of different guilds were there including ImaNewbie. Had a dragon spawn in the middle of the ceremony which was good fun. A couple of our reds got killed in the middle of that though. Reception was held in the center of the hedge maze which was clear at the time as well. I may actually still have the ring the GM gave me on my EA account. lol

Galad

Post by Galad »

I was the major trouble maker, I kept killing everyone. I was in jail a lot as well as I stole houses and watched people die in the lich room haha. Oh god I miss UO map. Watching all the little FL dots everywhere. In addition, I also had a toon named Frankie. I was typically in the MInco and Vespa backroads, I had my house right after the bridge for like 3 years. I actually feel that ArcheAge might be my new UO but I am not giving it all my faith. Since I hopped the same thing with Darkfall, (by the way FL was one of the best and toughest PvP guilds on there too, to be honest where ever I bring the guild it ends up begin one of the best)

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Was Frankie the character that absolutely refused to wear clothing and would just run around naked?

I tried DarkFail but I decided early on it wasn't going to be worth the time.

Galad

Post by Galad »

I always wore, Sandles, Farmers Hat, and kilt or shorts. I mainly was a magic user. The guy you are thinking of was Swampthing or Dracus. Darkfail, or as I call it Darkyourgrandmotherishackingspeedhackingtoofall. Was not too much fun, near the end of the first release. (before the US/EURO split.) however, I am looking forward to ArcheAge Online.

Morrolan

Post by Morrolan »

Some familiar names here... shoot me an ICQ or PM if yall are still around

Sgt.Slaughter

Post by Sgt.Slaughter »

Morrolan best pvper pacific!!.... I remember watching a despise level 2 entrance fight, Morrolan takes out atleast 7 people on his own... Great times..

Pac

Post by Pac »

Sgt.Slaughter wrote:Morrolan best pvper pacific
Quark was better.

Lemon pac

Post by Lemon pac »

Lemon here.

pker: Yoda

Hawaii group w/ Trizik & Cormac guys.

Too many names to list back in the day. Thanks to you earlier posters. Good memories.

Scammed a lot of people (sorry). Looted a lot of people (thank you). Inputted 2 billion gold into the Pacific economy (luuuved duping). Got multiple accounts GM Banned. Ebay UO powerseller.

Co founder of UO Lamers - apologize for that as well.

Owner of first house north of Vesper bridge. Placed a castle on my 56k connection when trammel opened. UO life was not fun on 56k but I managed lol. Never became 7x (it's ok).

First guild: Purple Horde w Quark & High Lord Speed

And lastly, sup utopia & biski.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

Lemon pac wrote:Lemon here.

pker: Yoda

Hawaii group w/ Trizik & Cormac guys.

Too many names to list back in the day. Thanks to you earlier posters. Good memories.

Scammed a lot of people (sorry). Looted a lot of people (thank you). Inputted 2 billion gold into the Pacific economy (luuuved duping). Got multiple accounts GM Banned. Ebay UO powerseller.

Co founder of UO Lamers - apologize for that as well.

Owner of first house north of Vesper bridge. Placed a castle on my 56k connection when trammel opened. UO life was not fun on 56k but I managed lol. Never became 7x (it's ok).

First guild: Purple Horde w Quark & High Lord Speed

And lastly, sup utopia & biski.
I remember you. however i remember you saying it was 14.4k modem. welcome back.