Anyone here from Pacific?

Topics related to Second Age
biski

Re: Anyone here from Pacific?

Post by biski »

btmaz wrote:I played Pacific from around '97 to '99. I was Renfield and ran around with Alkerion, DaWiZarD, minion, sublime, Arcane, NC Gilgamesh, firehawk, Jewels and Milamber DeCoin.

Was also running around on a PK with Yoda and company.
I think your list is missing someone. I wonder who it could be...

I also remember Don Quixote + Francine Booth. Wish I had some screenshots from the old days. If anyone has any I'd like to see them posted.

I played 97-99 with Skulls guild (D&S) and Renfield+crew before that.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I remember GOL and OPP, but we never did much with them. The guilds we (FL) interacted with most were Knights of Glory and Beer (KGB) and Entreri
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I played on pacific, same name, mainly stayed around Delucia.

The only specific things I can remember are
Xena and some others, I think the guild was GoL?
There was a player in GoL, named Caladin. He was one of the first lumberjackers on the server that I can remember (pvp type), used to chase me around and kill me at various inopportune times when I was perma or grey/red. GoL used to farm npc's ar nujelom, near that little mine entrance for sandals, also they were ALWAYS at titans and/or wyvern island.

Stormbringer, I dont know if that's spelled correctly used to be my sort of arch-rival, I forget what guild he was in, but he always had 2-3 croonies with him (he was alot like Sandro is here). I was extremely horrible at pvp, but had blessed vanq weapons galore.

We used to play with someone named crackbaby, Newbie Slayer, and Mystical (whom I think played here for a bit when I started). I remember someone named Grim Reaper, or similar. Also a Ruffy, Jim, and someone else in Xena's guild that I briefly farmed with.

I do remember KGB, just not who was in it.

Oh and this "Smiley" guy that used to PK outside Delucia with daemons.

Utopia

Post by Utopia »

I'm Utopia - 1997-2002.

I think it's funny OSI named a shard after me.

Here's my list of people I knew and played with:

ArchAngel
Ranker
Golgo
Hellmonger
Shadow Viper
Shadowflare
USAF
Aragon
CaRaMoN
MegaSlayer
Mr. T
Menzobarenzane
Scraper
Chakan
King Kong
Bishop
Kymera
Chaka Kahn
IIIIMINIONIIII
The Haring
Don Quixote
Smeagol
Dmx
Azrael
Dr. Strangelove
Skull
Stormbringer
Beannie
Chaos
Eder
Dumb
Micah
Psychotic Disco
Frink / Dakilla
Michael
Stryker
Odin
Busta Rhymes
The Unholy Speed
Uther ReDragon
Adrenaline
KaLiBaH
Sephiroth
billy
Mr.Nice Guy
Dr.Nut Butter
Shadowflare
Plague
Jackal
Wil
SaVaGE
Minsc
Du-Sith
Speed
JackTheRipper
Halcyon
Binbs
Tanis
Yaz / ThaInspekta / Yaztromo
Sol
Azryk Azyr
Tokin Bowls
Jamie Bond
obscene
Captain Crunch
Orion
Jimi the Hand
SuperCow
Blaze
Malachi
Deja
Dmx
Stratus
Wild Bill
Proudmoore
Ipilaj
Dracus
Kaz the Minatuar
ImaNewbie
Shaun
ExistanceByProxy
Pax Romain
JetStar
Ares
Flint Fireforge
Matt Bellis
Mystikal
kilgore
Tree Hugger
Francine Booth
DamianX
EviL ErniE
Mr Castro
ryu
Pudrick
Vandal
Zero
Deadpool
GodSpeed
Mr.Grim
Coltrane
Windrider
Jebidiah
King Kong
Champ
Angelfire
DaWiZarD
Micha-el
HALORAN
Jubei Yagyu
Yoda
Nightmare
Phillies Blunt
Brandon S
BeG FoR MeRceY
Nikola
Houdini
Stink
reynor
DrFBI
Mac Daddy
DarkLord
John Lennon
wormie
Twix
Trizik
Cormac
Lemon
Baal
Art
Cinder Silverleaf
Juha Elyst
Lonestar
Wakiza
Bloodcloud
biski
Southern Comfort

Guilds

KGB
TM
KGB
D&S
FL
LCN
PO
ORC clan (some serious role-players)
DF
OPP
POA
HH
CB
P^O
GoL
TDP
TLD
NC
TBH
TL
PGC
PH
BC
BH
ODB
P^H

Forgive me if I knew you and you're not on the list. It's been 8 years.

I get all nostalgic about the old days. I have tons of stories. Good to see some old names on this board.

- Utopia
Last edited by Utopia on Fri May 14, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dutch Master!

Post by Dutch Master! »

Wow Utopia, lot's of names I had forgotten over the years.

I must say though, you remembered Kaz the Minatour and forgot his running mate foXy! Any [NC] - Nitemare Clan playing here? Or X-Lords?

I miss the D&S vs TLD wars (for that month or two)..... however Strangelove vs Skull was an exciting climax before the server and game in general started to go downhill.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Wow, those names brought back some memories...

SuperCow is actually the one who introduced me to UO. I knew him outside of the game. Very good friend for a long long time. Actually tried to get ahold of him over Christmas but couldn't find his mobile number. He's one crazy guy. Last I heard, he was playing WoW.

Micah, Jackal, Wil, SaVaGE, and Dracus were all in my guild. :)

ImaNewbie was an acquaintance of mine for a while. I dunno that I would actually call him a "friend". We talked, but not a whole lot. He was a busy guy.

Hyder

Post by Hyder »

OMG having a Pacific flashback.. So many names I remember... Unholy speed and speed were the same person, GM of the purple horde. Always wondered what happened to that guy... Only knew him ingame..

Micah, Jackal, Wil, SaVaGE, Dracus Totally remember those guys...

biski

Post by biski »

Hyder wrote: Unholy speed and speed were the same person, GM of the purple horde. Always wondered what happened to that guy... Only knew him ingame..

Micah, Jackal, Wil, SaVaGE, Dracus Totally remember those guys...
he went to jail for a while. forgot why.

couple more all-stars for your list Utopia:

Daermon Do'Urden
Quentin
Manfred
Jasmine
Stile

Utopia

Post by Utopia »

Thanks biski, I added them all to my list.

I remember your char, biski. I remember the neon purple vandyke, right? Long hair? Wore blue or white clothes most of the time? Do you remember me by chance?

One person I remember is the first lumberjack that had a blessed battle axe of vanquishing and used to always terrorize Bucs Den. He literally would get killed and then ran to the healers and came back with his axe equipped and took a couple people out in 2 hits. Anyone remember his name?

What about the guy who videotaped himself doing something disturbing for his online girlfriend he met on UO? He was infamous. Mainly because the girlfriend he met on UO was really a guy.. Didn't the girl's name have Strawberry in it? Probably the most made fun of player in the history of the Pacific shard. I forgot his name. Lord something.

Anyway... I have a pretty good memory and can't help but think about the people and times we had back then.. I was 12 when I started playing. In some ways I "grew up" with the other players.

One of my first UO memories was discovering the bounty board at the Brit West Bank and seeing Don Quixote with like 500K on his head and thought that was amazing. Because the price was written out so it looked more impressive, like "Bounty: 525351 gold pieces"

Remember the area above the Brit GY east of the mines that was blocked off with tents? It was a red zone, I think. Hah... Memories..

Remember when Wind was unreachable? Or gaining 60 str. for wearing plate was such a big goal? Or when you could cut a corpse up and get all the body parts? And even skeleton? Or when you could get furs? Or bags that had a black square in them called "Void" or "No Item" or something? Or when houses had keys... Or when you could place a small house on a tower roof... Spending hours summoning a blade spirit on top of a graveyard roof and running around to gain resisting spells... Or the Wind bug to gain resisting spells... Stealing in town... Remember how the popular hairstyle was Pony-tail with no facial hair? Mostly the asian players had that...

Anyway... Why was UO the best game ever back then? And why did they have to kill it? I mean, I came back to check what it was like now and they have Gargoyles now? You can fly??? Lame... It's been 8 years and I would have never imagined they would screw it up that bad...

Then the summers when everyone would train a mage on their boat and working out at the bone knights and then going and fighting. There were some big battles back then. Are there any free shards with that type of gameplay nowadays?

I started in TM and hung out with them and when things petered off I went solo most of the time and eventually terrorized FL solo - I had about 20 screenshots of killing Dracus solo around his tower near Yew.. Lost them. I even had one of him and I 1on1 with him mis-typing ".panic". God knows what that guy is doing now.

I remember each and every duping bug and I remember becoming a billionaire on Pac (I had over 1,000 mil checks) and I got banned when they scanned the shard - I didn't even know they were going to do that. Argh. I would have trashed them. Pity is I didn't even begin to use it at all. Should have bought up a ton of real-estate.

I came back and owned a tower on Bucs Den and eventually just hung out on the Yew Duel Roof and talked with friends and got bored.

I got so bored one day I made a new char also named Utopia and had a tamer friend of mine let me kill a dragon over and over while she rezed it so I got Glorious Lord but my char said: "The Glorious Lord Utopia, Neophyte Mage". Lost that screenshot, too...

Who remembers the first Barber at Bucs Den? The GM mis-clicked my character and my skin was neon blue and I recalled. They tracked me down but I was blue-skinned for a bit (like 5 mins). That's why they froze whoever they were working on in that little hut.

Remember how life without runebooks was like life without cell phones...

My god.. The server wars at 3AM. Everyone would do hilarious stuff at the Brit GY. And remember the night the servers didn't go down? Some of my friends got themselves red and had like 5 murder counts to work off from the server wars.

And then when the servers went down, someone would ICQ a bunch of people to go to Great Lakes or Sonoma or something and make newbie chars all named the same and terrorize places like the brit mines -

Or the Test shards or holiday shards? Remember the Santa Elves wars that one year? Faction wars and the 100 Minax vs. 100 Shadowlords at the Minax castle near Papau?

Crossroads wars with OPP - man they were so good. DF fights at Occlo. TDP fights at Moonglow. KGB wars at their tower near Trinsic.

Deceit Duel Room... Watching Wil take everyone on and win. He never trash-talked. He was always naked and had a hally.

I remember being nervous the first time I entered an audio-chatroom where you could listen to other players talk. When I infiltrated FL and I first heard Dracus' voice it was freaky. He had this deep, scary voice. Then there were other kids with high-pitched voices. It was so weird hearing words like "regs" or "heal me" or "brit" or "fel" spoken aloud after having seen them only written for years.

I also remember going to Skara Brae and joining a RPing guild with CaRaMoN and MegaSlayer. The guild was called the "Skara Brae Rangers" or something. The reason we joined was that the guild had a weekly race where they would all polymorph into animals. Chickens, polar bears, gargoyles, etc. Which meant they were all grey... Anyway, the three of us took out the 20-man race. I literally haven't laughed that hard since then.

The TM webpage has the screenshot of when Lord British was PKed in the castle.

Lots of stories to tell... If you guys want we should start up a story thread.

I get so nostalgic. UO was a lifestyle, more than a game. Glad to see you all. Thanks for making it so memorable... I wish I could have it back... I feel like writing a memoirs, but I can't explain what the feeling was like when we played...

- Utopia

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Dracus was such an ass. He tore FL up from the inside out then sold our tower... that tower was a landmark in UO, and the bastard sold it.

Utopia

Post by Utopia »

Agreed.

Were you around when I would fight FL outside your tower by myself?

Sucks about that tower.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Utopia wrote:Agreed.

Were you around when I would fight FL outside your tower by myself?

Sucks about that tower.
Don't remember the name. We had a lot of people who would come by and fight solo. It was good times.

Utopia

Post by Utopia »

Wow - what years did you play?

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Utopia wrote:Wow - what years did you play?
I was on Pacific from 98-03, then moved to Catskills, however, from 00-02, I wasn't playing very much. Almost quit completely till my friend talked me into moving shards. Once FL originally fell apart when Retri left in 01, it seemed like there wasn't much reason to stay playing anymore. Plus, most of my friends had moved on. SuperCow went to Oceania, Collete and ColdPizza quit, Retri was on her way out following that heap of drama when the tower was sold... it was a huge mess.

BAT

Post by BAT »

It's crazy how many people remember old UO on Pacific, i used to play there back when it first came out till about '03 mainly under either BAT, BAT tailormatic, or Kaladin either running around with P^H P^O or sitting in the house right next to the Yew gate fighting who ever wanted to fight.

Anyways heres some other names to add to your list of people from there

Loki
Obi Wan Jabroni
The star wars twins (not sure of their individual names but it was 2 pvpers that hopped servers with star wars names)
Lily
Unidan
Capt Nemo
Adrenaline
Killah Priest
kitius
Outkast
Playschool/anthrax
Princess Julz (believe she still plays)
Vagabond
Domnu

As far as Don Quixote I remember him. He used to be an awesome pvper and the way he got killed is he was chasing down some noob near minoc, during this his internet failed and the kid turned around and killed him for the bounty.

another one of the big guilds back there was PTI

great list btw, lot of people in there i forgot about.