Secondage is the only shard thats population is increasing.

Topics related to Second Age
Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Secondage is the only shard thats population is increasi

Post by Quin the Wretch »

Clx wrote:I'm another recent convert to UOSA. Tried tons of player shards before, never gotten 'into' any of them. They all felt like someone's pet project to create the UO they wanted. This feels like I'm actually back in 1999 in proper UO. Thank god I'm not as poor as I was in 1999, or on dialup.

Credit has to go to the admin(s), and to the player base who seem to have created something of a real community, which has to be a first for a player/free-shard. Like most people that really 'got' UO, nothing has ever come close to it in terms of fun, so here's to a long future for UOSA.
Couldnt have said it better qft
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khazym

Post by Khazym »

This shard rules but please for the love of god fix EVs.. sick of casting EV on the adjacent tile to a balron and then have it come straight for me from 9 tiles away. Were they ever that ridiculously broken? I left UO before t2a so i dunno but it seems pointless to me to make something horribly broken to create era accuracy just for the sake of accuracy.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Khazym wrote:it seems pointless to me to make something horribly broken to create era accuracy just for the sake of accuracy.
How couldn't the same argument be made for almost all t2a mechanics?

This is why personal opinions on mechanics for how they should be isn't really a valid argument and era accuracy is the top priority. No one here decides 'how the game should have been' here, not even Derrick. Only history gets to decide how the mechanics on this shard functions and that's a good thing.

ckj000

Post by ckj000 »

Faust wrote:Only history gets to decide how the mechanics on this shard functions and that's a good thing.
But what if bugs existed in the game at that time because OSI planned on balancing them out in later releases/expansions? Shouldn't popular demand dictate what should be corrected? The shard must stay alive, and it must retain players to do so.

Fixes can always be done in relation to the rules of the game that are good; rules that are both balanced and historically t2a accurate. That way it is not done by someone's discretion, but rather still guided by true t2a era rules.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

If they ever let go of their era accuracy anchor here, Uosa will die.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Abyz wrote:If they ever let go of their era accuracy anchor here, Uosa will die.
You got that right!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Wil

Post by Wil »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
Abyz wrote:If they ever let go of their era accuracy anchor here, Uosa will die.
You got that right!
Maybe. There are only a handful of play styles that are sustainable under the era's mechanics. If folks who prefer other play styles leave, those who remain may get bored.

I will say this about era accuracy: after 5 years UOSA's game mechanics stand on their own, regardless of OSI's late '90s game. Additional tweaks that are unwanted (e.g. foot stools) may do more harm than good.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I went to Hybrid enough to GM a couple characters real quick and got in a contest that won me 3 million gold. I made a house decorated it and left :lol:

Somebody got a ton of rares I am sure after it went IDOC

I like this era the only thing I would seriously change about it is unnerf thieves and tamers and I would expand it to create other realms and include new monsters.

Thieves should not be like slow retarded kids...even if you snoop and identify on another character to set macros for absolute targets priming the prey, if you are a solo thief not multi-clienting you are spending a great deal of time waiting.

Tamers should have greater control over their pets. I think it encourages more chaos/order wars. Seriously think about it.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.