Secondage is the only shard thats population is increasing.

Topics related to Second Age
Downs

Re: Secondage is the only shard thats population is increasing.

Post by Downs »

search his posts and you'll understand, son. Or just read the forums regular and you'll understand, son
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Dreakon

Post by Dreakon »

Is it because he says "my son" a lot at the end of the posts? A quick search gave me the impression he's actually fairly intelligent and articulate...

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

It's because Faust is arrogant. He might be right, but no one wants him to be.

Plus, he says 'son' a lot. Nobody really understands why. Maybe he's special.

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

Until I found UOSA I had always dismissed free shards as a total joke, a haven for clowns like the WTFman crew or jerkoffs that wanted neon demons and goofy shit (my old roommates played a couple like that and they thought it was so cool...personally I thought "ghey") but this shard is as close to the real deal as anyone will ever find. The staff seems rather meticulous in their efforts to achieve accuracy and I respect that immensely. As long as UOSA is here, I see no need to ever play another game or shard. Im trying to get all my old friends to come here.

Do I have to conclude with a "son"? At least Im old enough to have it be chronologically correct for likely more than half the shards player base :)

Faust

Post by Faust »

Dreakon wrote:I'm new, so can someone explain? Is Faust saying UOSA will fizzle with time, or that UOGamers will? And if he's saying UOGamers will fizzle with time, why are people saying UOSA-Faust=Awesome? I don't understand how the guy saying "No shard will take UOSA's reign" would be boo'd on the UOSA forums lol. ;)
I don't believe that I even mentioned UOGamers in my post. UO Second Age will definitely not fizzle out in time. What separates this shard from the rest is the clear vision that this shard represents itself unlike any other shard in the past. We aim to replicate an actual creation of the game(t2a era) that actually existed at one point in time when the rest attempts to play the role of being a developer deciding what they believe is the best for the shard. The only thing that dicates the game mechanics for this shard is history. Not the special interest groups that lobby for change in one direction. If a player or the staff believe something is inaccurate they take the time to research the issue and bring forth the evidence to prove or disprove it.

Shards like IPY and Divinity eventually fall circumstance to the ever growing evolution of change that ultimately takes the game from being something that it was meant to represent(pre:uor era) to something that is completely different much like the production shards now days. These type of shards are fun to some people at first but the shard eventually fizzles out due to the simple fact that once the shard loses its basis the true veteran Ultima Online players simply leave. This simple fact has happened time after time in the last ten years that I have played these servers and it will always be the case for any shard that attempts the development approach.

Why try to develop a game that is 10+ years old that has very little wiggle room in regard to many aspects of the game?

Replicating the game as it was and should be is the only sensable solution and this has brought success to UO Second Age.

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Orsius wrote:It's because Faust is arrogant. He might be right, but no one wants him to be.

Plus, he says 'son' a lot. Nobody really understands why. Maybe he's special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTwnwbG9YLE

I dont know why more people dont love faust...He was always one of my favorite characters!

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Lol, new nickname for Faust: Foghorn Leghorn.

Aminer

Post by Aminer »

Pro wrote:Read the retarded systems they want to implement then you'll understand.
I follow his blog actively. I would say he is doing more than anyone I have ever seen as far as trying to make a hybrid style server that is not only self sufficient, but continuously evolving. I'm not saying he is trying to follow one specific era, but rather he is creating a server invents itself. Sure, it may not be based on any UO expansion, but how does that make it more opt to fail?

Perhaps you should reword your statement from saying "retarded systems" to "unique" or "original". Just because you may not prefer a hybrid style server, does not invoke the assurance of its failure. Not all servers succeed because of accuracy, and not all servers fail because of innovation. I would say so far arguments against are simply opinion based.

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Orsius wrote:Lol, new nickname for Faust: Foghorn Leghorn.

Fausthorn Leghorn?

Tabius

Post by Tabius »

Arcott Ramathorn wrote:
Orsius wrote:Lol, new nickname for Faust: Foghorn Leghorn.

Fausthorn Leghorn?
Attachments
Fausthornleghorn.jpg
Fausthornleghorn.jpg (26.34 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
Testimonials

<Derrick> Holy crap, nice spot!
<Derrick> I didn't know you could fit houses on serps

<Braden> Wow, that is a tight placement

<Nevermore> That is AMAZING placement

<Pirul> Dude, Tabius WAS real estate in UOSA

Dreakon

Post by Dreakon »

Faust wrote:I don't believe that I even mentioned UOGamers in my post.
My bad.

IM FKING CRAZY

Post by IM FKING CRAZY »

Just FTR, UOSAs pop is definately not growing. It has been at these exact same population numbers since I started playing here a year ago.

Peaked.

Downs

Post by Downs »

IM FKING CRAZY wrote:Just FTR, UOSAs pop is definately not growing. It has been at these exact same population numbers since I started playing here a year ago.

Peaked.

a year ago there were like 120 unique IP's and tons of room for housing. I started a year ago and the pop has definitely increased since I been here.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

the longer uosa is around hopefully the closer the ip to client ratio closes in
probably one of the more deceiving things when talkin about growth is comparing ips and clients
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

Downs wrote:
IM FKING CRAZY wrote:Just FTR, UOSAs pop is definately not growing. It has been at these exact same population numbers since I started playing here a year ago.

Peaked.

a year ago there were like 120 unique IP's and tons of room for housing. I started a year ago and the pop has definitely increased since I been here.
Here's the 2 year pop graph for UOSA:

http://joinuo.com/Stats.aspx?i=2

A year ago (midway) you could see there were 500 to 600 people on (it's usually about 1.5 to 2 clients per IP so there's no way it was only 120 then). Basically the same as it is now. When I started a year and a half ago, it was ~250-300 peak. Of course there will be less housing spots available considering anyone can place 15. Not saying that's a bad thing at all (having a solid ~500 for a full year). It's rare to see a shard grow to this size and keep population for so long so gratz to Derrick and staff for pulling it off.