A Silly Request

Topics related to Second Age
Whippoorwill

A Silly Request

Post by Whippoorwill »

Greetings.

My friend and I are very new to this shard, and having a great time getting acquainted with the shard and community. We've been hard at work to afford a house, and after a few days of constant farming we've done it.

Now, I know when it comes to placement, there is little to no land....
But does anyone know some Secret-Secret area for a Large with a Patio?

I know this is probably dumb, because I'm sure all of the land was taken up a while ago, just a question.

Thanks.

FishinPro

Re: A Silly Request

Post by FishinPro »

There is no such thing as a stupid question...just stupid people that ask questions...

There is no land for that type of house, but you can purchase one from the forum for 2 or 3 times the price of the deed. For your first house I would suggest a couple of smalls in the same area if you cannot afford the pay the above price.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Whippoorwill

Post by Whippoorwill »

Alright, thanks for the answer. It's really depressing how many massive, empty houses are around that aren't even used.

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

The hoarding of homes by a few is just another form of griefing (deliberately irritating/using aspects of the game in unintended ways)... For those that disagree, attend an IDOC and watch the various griefer guilds(DYX, etc) do everything in their power to prevent a newb from placing, so they can place another (of many) homes that will sit empty until some sap gives in and pays the markup - all the while, newbs attempting to place will be accused of grief by the griefer guilds. It's just another style of play that exists... There are tons of open smalls out there though. If there is any question about who is a griefer in this regard just note who attacks my post.

Whippoorwill

Post by Whippoorwill »

I can't stand it, but there's nothing that can be done.

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

Whippoorwill wrote:Greetings.

My friend and I are very new to this shard, and having a great time getting acquainted with the shard and community. We've been hard at work to afford a house, and after a few days of constant farming we've done it.

Now, I know when it comes to placement, there is little to no land....
But does anyone know some Secret-Secret area for a Large with a Patio?

I know this is probably dumb, because I'm sure all of the land was taken up a while ago, just a question.
Thanks.
If you have the funds to place a patio type house I would recommend that you place a couple smalls near one another until you can gather up the funds to afford one of the houses that people have up for sale. I don't think you'll find any group willing to move out of your way and let you freely drop a Large Patio or any type house without them trying as well.

PS. I'd do this soon before the greifers mentioned below (laughs) start raising the market back up on houses for the winter.
Derrick wrote:Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.
Kaivan wrote:I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I know a good place you can put a small if your interested.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Way to go jerk-bag house hoarders!

This really shouldn't be a problem here...

Whippoorwill

Post by Whippoorwill »

I just don't understand why people need to run a market to make absurd amounts of gold. I just want a place to put all of my phat loot. THAT'S ALL.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Whippoorwill wrote:I just don't understand why people need to run a market to make absurd amounts of gold. I just want a place to put all of my phat loot. THAT'S ALL.
I'm not sure how much you have played here. By your forum acct age, its only been a month. You really
shouldn't be expecting to drop large house, even if you do have a patio deed. The housing market is just like
any other item in the game. Everything has a value of what someone is willing to pay for that item. Housing is
no different.

The 1st 6 months here I lived on a few smalls. One of the 1st builds were 3 fishermen. I fished them all to GM
without doing very much else in game. Once they were GM, you fish some more, next thing you know I had mass lvl 1
maps and sos's. Sold the sos's to fund a tmap hunter and did about thousands of the maps I would fish up.

If you and your friend bust your asses and were smart about it, you will be living in a patio in no time.

Just not going to happen in a month. This server is fairly hardcore, nothing will come easy. I'd be glad to put you both in smalls
I have next to each other so you can save your gold for a larger crib. [pm me if interested]

There are many here that have something because they did the time it takes to earn it.

Good luck to both of you
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12