Treasure Chest Loot

Topics related to Second Age
Germ

Treasure Chest Loot

Post by Germ »

Just wondering if Rings are supposed to spawn randomly in treasure chests. I have done over 200 level 1's and multiple 2's and 3's and have yet to get a Ring out of any of them.

Anyone know if this is accurate?

Germ

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Treasure Chest Loot

Post by BlackFoot »

i have pulled rings out of these chests
i dont see how you could have had this bad of luck though?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Germ

Post by Germ »

I have kept every single piece of loot out of the chests, over 200 maps at least, 90% were level 1s, not a single Ring out of any of them. 6 of the bags in that screenshot have max items, the others are being sorted through. Over 1000 jewelry/clothing items, and no rings.

Attached are two screen shots. One shows the map library I have been building as I treasure hunt, doesn't even count the numerous repeats I have done. The second the bags full of accessory items with no rings. If they are supposed to be able to be pulled from level 1 chests (since that is what I have done the majority of) the spawn on them may need to be checked.

Germ
Attachments
ID please_1-28_12.40.jpg
ID please_1-28_12.43.jpg

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Worst library ever.

I've gotten a few rings, but they are few and far between. Usually just necklaces and bracelets.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Nerd Alert!

I thought I was a little organized...
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Germ

Post by Germ »

Hardcore, thanks for adding to the discussion. Also, we play Ultima Online... hi nerds :)

Hiicha, making the library as I go, all runes are marked directly beside the treasure chest so you don't have to dig multiple locations all around the recall spot to find it.

Haven't gotten a single ring out of around 1000 accessory type items. Not complaining that I didn't get the uber ring of awesomeness, not even a single ring of weakness with 4 charges. None... just seems a little strange, figured it might warrant checking out.

Germ

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Rings only spawn with 2 magical properties: teleport and invisibility. They're much more rare than any other type of jewelry or magic item.

Germ

Post by Germ »

That may be why then. Considering the limited number of items that spawn in the level 1s, may just be bad luck.

Will keep an eye out and see.

Germ

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

hiicha wrote:Worst library ever.
I like it! ;)
Germ wrote:Hardcore, thanks for adding to the discussion. Also, we play Ultima Online... hi nerds :)
HI!

I've havn't done alot of T-maps, but for a while there I did go on a lockpicking rampage and tried almost all of the chests inside dungeons, and I've gotten a few rings out of even the "worst" chests. Something might be up with the T-map chests, i dunno, but the rings are definitely "out there".

Charon

Post by Charon »

I have done hundreds of level 1s and do not remember ever getting a ring, but i do get plenty of rings from dungeon chests of all levels (but mainly the higher levels) and as stated above they are only ever teleport or invis

Kith
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kith »

no rings here either in over 200 chests ranging 1-4
Kith-Mart - Save Money. Live Better.
Brokers of Britannia [B*B]
Kith's Real Estate Mediation Services (KREMS)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Good idea! You can compare the maps to each other.
Make sure to make a runebook library after you are done.
If you could sell them in individual copies instead of all at once so poorer/lazier players can collect them as they go you'd be the Man.
You just proved yourself legit.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Good idea! You can compare the maps to each other.
Make sure to make a runebook library after you are done.
If you could sell them in individual copies instead of all at once so poorer/lazier players can collect them as they go you'd be the Man.
You just proved yourself legit.
http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparch ... ive1.shtml
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Germ

Post by Germ »

Maybe something is up with the treasure map chests and rings then. Derrick able to shed any light on this?

Yeah Hiicha that is a great site especially once you are used to using it. I used to play Atlantic, and a big thing there was Goodman's Rune Library, where he had a full treasure map rune library that myself and my friend helped him fill out. He had all of the individual maps with the rune by each outside Magincia on the beach, so you could compare maps if you were truly new to treasure hunting. :)

For a bit of Nostalgia I decided to go ahead and start making my own. And I am marking three runes at each location so I can always do the traditional book/rune library later on.

Germ

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Ive prolly done at least 100 level 1's...no rings here either. They are apparantly in the dungeon chests. Is this the way the are supposed to be?