:wink:
-cr3w-

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tips & Tricks

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

combo should be,
Earthquake,hit,harm,PC E-bolt,hit, release e-bolt,harm, harm, slap... dead :lol:

(I know it was a field tactic combo that's why the harry potter wand was incorporated, and I think it was made for a mage thief with no eval)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Pro

Post by Pro »

ur an idiot

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

You mean nothing to me...
all I am saying
If you want attention go get it from your mom
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Pro

Post by Pro »

ur an idiot

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

fail at hotkey setup.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:combo should be,
Earthquake,hit,harm,PC E-bolt,hit, release e-bolt,harm, harm, slap... dead :lol:

(I know it was a field tactic combo that's why the harry potter wand was incorporated, and I think it was made for a mage thief with no eval)
Your combo relies on THREE hits, which are all 50/50 propositions. You will hit all three 1 out of every 8 times you try this. Not to mention, while you're casting E-bolt which will do 24 damage or so, they're casting Greater Heal, which will heal 45-50.

Please stop doing this. You chime into threads like this with complete theory, which is wrong the vast majority of the time. It's aggravating and doing a disservice to new players and players seeking to learn more about the mechanics of our shard.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Mikel123 wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:combo should be,

Your combo relies on THREE hits, which are all 50/50 propositions. You will hit all three 1 out of every 8 times you try this. Not to mention, while you're casting E-bolt which will do 24 damage or so, they're casting Greater Heal, which will heal 45-50.

Please stop doing this. You chime into threads like this with complete theory, which is wrong the vast majority of the time. It's aggravating and doing a disservice to new players and players seeking to learn more about the mechanics of our shard.
says the dexxer and thief...*lightning bolt...lightning bolt*...

I love this line...

"I'd often steal dragons with my thief; tracking monsters in, for example, the Elder Gazer room, will let you see ahead of time how many dragons the tamer there has. Then you stealth up to them, snoop their pack to see how much gold they have (i.e. how close they are to banking), how many trapped pouches they have, if any, etc, and choose your strategy from there."

Because people are stupid enough to leave their pets behind when they bank and tamers especially dont have dispel field at the ready..."Oh gee George I am going to walk up with my stealther thief who has tracking on a bunch of dragons and yank their tail through a gate" ...yeah real smart. Last time someone popped through my gate and tried something like that I had them running instantly. Wait was that you?

Dude I can nitpick and counter everything you said as well because everything in this game has a counter, it was made that way. Nothing is fool proof nothing is perfect stop pretending you are. If you want a friendly debate keep it friendly.

*lightning bolt....lightning bolt*

If I ever see the word Earthquake coming out from a player I am jetting so I can offscreen to heal if it catches me and you got a stub for a hand if you linked it all to macro with that pot, I'd arm the wand first for interrupt by the way not wait the "3.5" seconds first. By the time you hit the wand and got the clock ticking on the pot your wand would have recharged. I'd have drunk a pot and already g-healed by the time that "3.5" secs passed.
But its a macro for a no eval mage thief so what do I expect?

BTW- thats why you cast harm before e-bolt for the interrupt on the g-heal...got it? You are halfway inbetween casting e-bolt if they are fast enough to be casting g-heal again due to the casting speed of harm, and instantly you come in for your hit to interrupt again...sure it's a 50/50 but that's good enough for me.

watch some tournies as an outsider, you will see what I mean.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

"You can stealth around and scavenge gold from them as someone else does all the work trying to kill them."= Mike123

This statement is false...scavanger does not work in stealth.

I am not going to nitpick through all this but I am just saying.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

mikel is right

your tactics sound nice in words but let's see you pull them off on the field where it counts..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

lol at elaborate planned combos.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Everybody has already...precasts and interrupts are the basis of mage pvp. I seen you use them as well. Let's see you do a fight without them. Only difference is the opener that would bypass MR.

Somebody was trying to do this to me in test with Flamestrike included as well as explosion. I was practicing with an experimental fielder temp that wasn't made for little cubicles but I gave it a shot. It's good to learn to fight with disadvantaged characters out of their element.

We did this without reflect up. This was before it was posted here and I could tell it was a macro. I did have to leave the enterance area in order to not get hit by the EQ...but it's more then survivable. I seen the EQ I ran and even though I at times got hit especially in the beginning by the EQ the pot always had to be thrown without me as a target or it blew up on him.

(Okay at first I will admit being shocked when I seen the EQ casted and stood there a bit too long and got hit.)

Now I am not saying it couldn't find a use. I am saying everything has a counter,strength, and weakness. I am also saying no one is right all the time, and no one needs to be bashed when they are not. Like go ahead put on scavanger and see if it picks up items automatically in stealth...doesn't work, it would screw you major at times if it did.

So he was wrong...and has been wrong before like when he thought that dungeon chests were never trapped a few months prior when he was using his LP. Who cares? I am just pointing this out. We all make mistakes...and if you correct them you don't have to be a chumscrubber in doing so.

PSS-throwing in harm also acts as a negator of reflect after damaging with EQ. If it interrupts good. If it is reflected back you got the ebolt casted and ready, and the hit coming right up with the bought time you got from forcing the g-heal. You know it's not coming back at you unless he has some MR items.

That's why you start with the heavy hitter not debuffs if you can...usually the first hit helps determine the course of battle. Hopefully you got the insta the first time if not oh-well, the next round you already got prepped and ready. So Meteor Swarm, Earthquake, or Chain lightning would be good openers...sorry for agreeing with Mike there :) Just EQ can't be resisted.

Can you leave me alone now.....

Drull

Post by Drull »

You guys are missing the point entirely.

Kudos to Mikel123 for this thread. Ignore the idiots.

If even one player takes ANYTHING away from what you've said, and uses it to their advantage, mission accomplished.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

true, very useful thread for new players.

Pro

Post by Pro »

archaic stop posting about pvp when its quite clear you don't know anything.