Tips & Tricks

Topics related to Second Age
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Tips & Tricks

Post by Mikel123 »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:"You can stealth around and scavenge gold from them as someone else does all the work trying to kill them."= Mike123

This statement is false...scavanger does not work in stealth.

I am not going to nitpick through all this but I am just saying.
Sounds like you are nitpicking, actually. It's like 17 pages of stuff, and this might be the only inaccurate thing in it. Obviously marmalade is way too leet for it, he was too busy running from me to test any of this, but I tested all of it there's some good tips there. Apologies about misleading folks on scavenger agent. I thought it worked for me while stealthed, but maybe I was just grabbing gold manually or something. For some reason, scavenger worked better for me when I was moving around.

oinasz

Post by oinasz »

"Scavenge" doesn't necessarily mean "to pick up via the Razor Scavenger agent". Mikel might have been using the verb in its real meaning - "to take or gather (something usable) from discarded material".

Brilliant writeup, Mikel, and definitely a big help to anyone willing to learn.

...my $0.02

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

oinasz wrote:"Scavenge" doesn't necessarily mean "to pick up via the Razor Scavenger agent".
Well in this case it did...and I kept quiet about it until everyone relatively associated with any guild I have bashed even slightly got all lippy. I am the last person to start anything.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Useless information.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Stranger wrote:Useless information.
I stole 5 of your dragons via the method I describe, plus a nightmare (er... I think) with the dexer template I describe, and I looted somewhere between 50-100k worth of stuff from your tower with Stealth & Tracking. So it's at least kind of useful, right?

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

nice post
some good refreshers and things i never knew,
like nightmares having infinite stamina. :shock:

so much to explore in this game
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you have a tamer, you learn quick to have dispel gate maybe with a target by type macro hotkeyed. No one should lose that many pets in that way. And you definately don't want uninvited company.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Mikel123 wrote:Obviously marmalade is way too leet for it, he was too busy running from me to test any of this, but I tested all of it there's some good tips there.
excuse me?

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Really found this post a great read. I like the examples provided with each tip. Great work Mikel!

Mephilic

Post by Mephilic »

If your character has stealth cast invisibility and quickly stealth away from the range of a possible reveal typically if im in a dungeon ill begin to stealth toward a spawn so they will be less likely to find me without endangering them self's.

Similar to his ideas of marking runes in town and renaming them, there is a bit better tactic then this, typically the reds who kill you will often bring a blue to check the rune. So mark a rune to a strong monster such as Barlon or ancient wyvrn or even lich lords or blood elementals. Box the surrounding area so they will be stuck in the boxed area with the monster. A warning tough monsters sometimes like to break stuff on the ground to get by so you want to set it up at a safe distance.

If you see someone cast paralyze and you do not have trapped chests quickly cast harm, this always works for me and allows me to get away safely a paralyze takes much longer to cast then harm so it gives you a lead still.

if you are paralyzed without anyway of becoming unparalyzed attack creatures nearby even if its as simple as a deer or sheep. (cant tell you the amount of times that safed my ass lol)

Memorize peoples names and guilds, typically some people will always gank take note of this and be more conscious to retreat if your solo. For me if I am solo and lets say i see an a guild i see typically always ganks i will just recall out and not even bother.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

use magic arrow isntead of harm, it has the same effects of releasing you from para but doesnt cause as much dmg/take mana
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Since we are in the business of sharing tricks today..

Cast teleport, equip a magic item of invisibility, target a far location, use stealth walk away. As your radius from the aggressor increases, the chance of them revealing you decreases exponentially.

Yea I know you can use tele items to do this as well.

Another trick I like is precasting an offensive spell and using an invis item, then stealthing up to a target, targeting, and then fast-casting an ebolt or something. Occasionally I can pull this off with explode, invis-item, stealth, target, EQ, fireball or purple potion.

cokomantis

Post by cokomantis »

Mikel123 wrote:Attributes and Skills

Your skills cannot rise when you have either a 0% chance, or a 100% chance, of succeeding at an action. Your displayed skill is adjusted by your stats. And your displayed skill is the one that is used to determine the chance of success at something.

Imagine you have 50.0 real skill at taming, and 10 STR. You might have 51.0 Displayed skill. Now let's say you have 50.0 real skill, but 100 STR. Now you have 59.0 Displayed skill.

Obviously, at a lower displayed skill, like 51 instead of 59, you have a much better chance to gain skill points upon taming attempts. So it definitely benefits you to keep a low STR (if possible) as you raise taming. What I'd suggest is to keep yourself at 10 STR until you're about 3 or 4 skill points shy of being able to tame bulls. That will have allowed you to have gone from 50.0 to 65.0 real skill in the time it would have taken someone with 100 STR to go from 40.0 to 55.0. I hope this isn't too confusing. Then you can get to 100 STR by a herding macro and instantly jump to bulls, which raise your skill much faster than another 3 or 4 skill points worth of gains with white wolves.
i've played some other free shards and i used to think "what's the deal with this toggle show real crap? why not just show the real value?" ((displated value) - (real value) was always the same, no matter the stats, in those other shards i've played)

so this is the deal, huh? thanks! =)

Zansler

Post by Zansler »

Thanks for posting this; I find it to be very informative. I think I will try to make my own Kristen and Jinnarin ;-)

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Another trick I like is precasting an offensive spell and using an invis item, then stealthing up to a target, targeting, and then fast-casting an ebolt or something. Occasionally I can pull this off with explode, invis-item, stealth, target, EQ, fireball or purple potion.
i thought you weren't supposed to be able to use skills with a spell prepped

i remember prepping something and getting a friend to invis me because i couldn't use hiding
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE