Hotkey Topic Ideas.

Topics related to Second Age
Van Raily

Re: Hotkey Topic Ideas.

Post by Van Raily »

You can make it Spacebar in the UO macros. There's "AlwaysRun" there. I've been using Ctrl+Num0 for my AlwaysRun on UO's macro set up for years and it works great. It's a good ways down towards the bottom in the list, though, so it's easily overlooked.
Gone to greener pastures.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

for pvp i use numpad keys including all the ones on the outside of the numpad like

numlck / * -
7 8 9 +
4 5 6
1 2 3
0 .

those include all the most commonly used offense and defense spells, including toggle equip, targetself and last target, attacklast, except...

up down left right are my buff/debuff spells, holding ctrl with up/down will do feeble/cunning, ctrl with left right does either teleport or bless

insert, home, pgup, pgdn, del, end for ITEMS like pots and bandys

then all the less commonly used stuff like mark, recall, dispel, gate, wall of stone, EV, etc are either controlled by the f-keys or by ctrl-alt-[x], where x is any letter

i have a hotkey to turn macros on or off so i can type numbers with the numpad

the one annoyance is tabbing out/attacklast, i used to re-assign this key but haven't bothered since reinstalling.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

rouss

Post by rouss »

Enough hotkeys!

What about macros? I've seen all these fancy EQUIPHALLYTABOUT and things like that. Never had those myself, anyone up to explaining them?
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Brules

Post by Brules »

Just an FYI for those reading this who may not know, in razor, you can go to the hotkeys tab and set up a key to enable/disable razor hotkeys. This allows you to set all your pvp/pvm/macro keys to normal keyboard keys and still type.

So for instance, use the ~ tilde key as the enable/disable. To fight, hit the ~, then:
QWERTY
ASDFG
ZXCVB
Spacebar etc all become useable

When you need to talk, hit the ~ again to disable.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Brules wrote:Just an FYI for those reading this who may not know, in razor, you can go to the hotkeys tab and set up a key to enable/disable razor hotkeys. This allows you to set all your pvp/pvm/macro keys to normal keyboard keys and still type.

So for instance, use the ~ tilde key as the enable/disable. To fight, hit the ~, then:
QWERTY
ASDFG
ZXCVB
Spacebar etc all become useable

When you need to talk, hit the ~ again to disable.

to add to this I have mine setup so I have a "universal" set of hotkeys that ALL types of my characters need (ie: recall, heal, etc) I have those setup in UO for the F1-F12 keys, then I have profiles setup in razor with the enable/disable so that I know I have recall on F1 on all my characters and gate on F2 etc, but then my tamer has my kill macro, aid macro, etc on the qwer asdf zxcv, then my pvp'er has use of the same qwer asdf zxcv but has arm/disarm pvp spells, etc.

This seems to work out pretty well, the only issue I have run into is when I create a new character I need to remember to copy my UO macro file from one of the other characters too it.

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

rouss wrote:Enough hotkeys!

What about macros? I've seen all these fancy EQUIPHALLYTABOUT and things like that. Never had those myself, anyone up to explaining them?
im curious as well as to how some people tab out so fast.

edit: Is there some sort of macro you can make that auto tabs you out after casting a spell/arming disarming?

Or do people just do it manually and are just naturally fast with it due to playing for so long?

:O

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Targets

1-3- target closest blue-grey-red
4 - next humanoid target
5- Absolute target (friend)
Scroll up - (mouse) last target
Mouse wheel click - set last target
Scroll Down - target self

Weapons
A/alt A - Primary/Secondary right hand (set to dress)
Z/alt Z- Primary/Secondary Left hand (set to dress)
X - Attack last target
C- Use item in hand

Spells
S- mini heal self (Bandage Self)
D- Greater heal self (Use Bandage)
F- Cure
G- Greater Heal

Q-Magic Arrow
W-Harm
E-Fireball
R-Lightning
V- Explosion
B- Energy Bolt
T- Flamestrike
6 - Weaken
Y-Reactive Armor
U- Magic Reflection
I - Invisible
O- Gate
P - Teleport
H- Hide
J - Detect Hidden
K - Poison
L - Paralyze
N- Recall
M- Mark
< - Dispel Field
> - Dispel
Backspace - Mindblast

For Seventh Circle and Eight circle not listed I use Alt with letters corresponding to their name, Like alt R for resurrection and alt- M for meteor swarm. For summons, Walls, Field spells I use Control in the same fashion.

Potions
7- Red
8- Orange
9 - Yellow
0 - Purple
- - White
+ - Blue

Macros/Agents/Other skills/Commands
All set to F Keys character specific

Misc
?- take screen shot
Page Back- Double Click Blue Gate
Page Forward- Use Once
Alt 0- Enable/Disable Hotkeys
Alt 1 - Resynch Client
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.