Ridiculous amounts of PKs around

Topics related to Second Age
Sephora

Ridiculous amounts of PKs around

Post by Sephora »

Is that any advice I can get on where to try farm some gold?. I have tried Destard but I get killed every 4-5 min. It's just ridiculous amounts of PKs and im always loosing everything I have collected to them. It's like a newbie feast farming for them.... I will giving this up soon.

Metastasis

Re: Ridiculous amounts of PKs around

Post by Metastasis »

Please feel free to use East Brit Library. Try Dungeons, Shame, and then the left page runes, in order to farm elementals. I'm actually encouraged that you've seen a lot of PK's. I've run Destard a lot, recently, and I've only see a couple shy blues.

Sephora

Post by Sephora »

Metastasis wrote:Please feel free to use East Brit Library. Try Dungeons, Shame, and then the left page runes, in order to farm elementals. I'm actually encouraged that you've seen a lot of PK's. I've run Destard a lot, recently, and I've only see a couple shy blues.
Shame sounds like a good thing to try out. I'm not against the PKs that is why i did chose this server but it can be a bit frustrating in the begining. Where can I find "East Brit Library"?

oh... I found the link, thank you. :)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=57083

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Start farming in t2a..... still PK's, but IMO less of them.... when they come - they come in packs... just have a one-key recall macro and you'll never get caught.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Sephora wrote:
Metastasis wrote:Please feel free to use East Brit Library. Try Dungeons, Shame, and then the left page runes, in order to farm elementals. I'm actually encouraged that you've seen a lot of PK's. I've run Destard a lot, recently, and I've only see a couple shy blues.
Shame sounds like a good thing to try out. I'm not against the PKs that is why i did chose this server but it can be a bit frustrating in the begining. Where can I find "East Brit Library"?

oh... I found the link, thank you. :)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=57083
Most of the places worth farming, are the ones blues naturally go, and then the reds follow. My recommendation is expect to die, bank often (say every 5k gold), and do not stay in one place long.. instead recall around often. For example, each graveyard has a lich spawn.. you could recall to each one, killing the lich, and return to the beginning and make decent money with little risk of being pked (britain gy being the exception).

Or farm in other unusual spots. There's a few, but I wouldn't be doing anyone any good by posting them here for pks to read!

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

If you have trouble avoiding PK's, then that's good news for the shard.

Annoying. I was PK'd many times today AFK, but I sorta welcomed it.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I highly recommend buying some invisibility jewelry/clothing. Use the invis item in conjunction with your recall macro and you will be pretty much impossible to catch.

Also, try to avoid wide open spaces as it is very easy for a group of PK's to target you with precast spells the very instant they appear on your screen. Choose a farming spot with lots of walls and line of sight barriers so that you have time to react to incoming PK's.

Invis recall + LOS barrier's will secure your life in most cases. You must have quick fingers to survive here.

Edit: Here is a link to a current invis item sale

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

Pks used to be a lot worse.
Take roses advice and learn how to survive.
Take some invis gear, set it to your dress hot key, and use your recall macro efficiently.
You will have a 85% chance of escape.

If you really get sick of dieing, and need a break from farming, seek out a treasure map vendor.
You will rarely see pks while t mapping.:)

Volga

Post by Volga »

If you see me around IRC, I'll take you somewhere and leave a dragon with you (not posting where in this thread for obvious reasons) and you'll be able to make 10k every 15 minutes or so.
[13:37] <volga> ban escoo imo
[13:37] * Anarcho sets mode: +b escoo!*18cfc6e3@gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.207.198.227

Wonder

Post by Wonder »

create a macro in razor

cast recall
target rune

end macro, don't set it to loop

go into the "hotkeys" tab of razor, scroll down till you see " macros " and bind that recall macro to a button you feel comfortable with. When you see a red name, simply hit that 1 button.

Make sure to remake the macro every time you lose the rune/move it otherwise it wont work.
Kaivan wrote:Your overlord is here, and this thread is locked.
[04:34] <Vintirex> whats wrong? did it start saving again?

[03:02] <G[7thson]> anyone who knows pvp knows that using ghoul touch the whole fight isn't really pvp

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Farm LL's from the ledge in Deceit. If you get PKed there often you shouldn't play UO.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Freight Elevator wrote:Farm LL's from the ledge in Deceit. If you get PKed there often you shouldn't play UO.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I was playing around at the yew liches last night just for fun.. Ran into
1. dose one
2. wild child
3. some orc
4. Antonio something/Gimli
5. Jigsaw

I only saw Mcsmithy, the only blue.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Sephora wrote:Is that any advice I can get on where to try farm some gold?. I have tried Destard but I get killed every 4-5 min. It's just ridiculous amounts of PKs and im always loosing everything I have collected to them. It's like a newbie feast farming for them.... I will giving this up soon.
I agree, the server owes you a risk free place to farm gold. Further to the point, look at the lengthy list of locations you've provided illustrating just how impossible it is farm gold on this server - this place is out of control and I don't blame you for 'giving this up soon'.

Additionally, is there any advice I can get on where to farm rares without some other punk getting there first? Seriously, I have been rare hunting for over a year with nothing.... It's just ridiculous - I will be giving this up soon. :roll:

Gork

Post by Gork »

When I played back during original t2a, pks were everywhere.... I'm talking... right outside of town.

I remember I was always worried about getting pked. Farming in the forest was probably the safest place.... any dungeon was like "enter at your own risk."

This T2A shard is the closest feel to the original; that being said, the original was at least 3x more dangerous than this shard in regards to pks.

The fun of playing UO was always the thrill of survival. First, if you are farming....you are the prey. So you must act accordingly and have an escape plan. Second, if you are pvp for sport you will pack accordingly to survive (lots of regs etc...). Last, if you are pking you will pack gear to try to trap and kill your prey.

This is why I love the game.

Servers: Napa , Sonoma