Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Topics related to Second Age
jimm1432

Re: Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Post by jimm1432 »

jslick wrote:hey Abe the monk,

I remember you were really young and married that older woman from B*C.. started with "Star______" she had kids and everything and you were 19, 20? How did that work out?

- dont remember my character name, but i was in SoV on GL with ark and good ol' salem.

and drowned god can go fuck himself.

that only put a smile on my face, i'm too old to pvp anymore(well, any good) but clearly i instated rage in you from total oldskool pwnage that has burnt into your psyche. corp por..*bang*.. OooooOo....throwing keyboard at 15" CRT and raging at me looting u?

I can only think your the theif (of the same name) from 1999ish that i would kill on sight.... don't worry ronald mcdonald/ho chi minh/fuzychikenfoot and a few others were on my kill on sight list. dont worry i haven't pk'd anyone here yet and hoping to try a more mature play style but some times your inner child just comes out..

and freeze I sold the puffy account (or it got hacked cant remember what account i lost to hacker) very early when it was maybe year old, so unless you saw puffy and powder swapping out. it wasn't me....i can't rember the guild names back then but i was always into the biggest pvp guilds and at one point the new ''puffy'' was in the same guild as me on my ''powder'' char but i'm SURE it was faction days by then with SL/SiN and other i cant remember. at the time it was only 3 guilds dominating the server and i remember being leader of minax for a bit then shadowlords while in the same guild...

the earlyist char i had was drowned god, from pre t2a. totally into PKing/greifin'/kill your guild 4v1/make you day shit style play. mite even still have account if ea dont delete them. would be a near 15 year old vet account by now :P

how many of you guy just had enough of uo and just left your housing and years of rares/goods to just rot? not sell it and bank what you can?

Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

I gave my houses to younger guildmates who were already friended to them. Banked most of my resources and gold, just in case. I often wonder if they have deleted old accounts ...

jslick

Post by jslick »

Freeza wrote:

I remember you were really young and married that older woman from B*C.. started with "Star______" she had kids and everything and you were 19, 20? How did that work out?

- dont remember my character name, but i was in SoV on GL with ark and good ol' salem.

wait, he was married to her? believe name was starbreeze, my guild consistently pk'd her and her guild at brit GY
yeah i was an orc for a period of time and spent a lot of time in IRC where they both were often.
starbreeze was in her late 30's? and abe the monk was some rich 21 year old.

i picture the relationship was kinda like a middle america version of ashton kutcher and demi moore.

drowned you really took my comment and ran with it. you were never very good, a name anyone really remembers, and my remark had zero to do with anything related to pvp - although you did have a lot of little juggalo friends who pumped you up about being good.

It was because of the type of shit human being you were back then, and by the looks of it, still are.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

jslick wrote:
Freeza wrote:

wait, he was married to her? believe name was starbreeze, my guild consistently pk'd her and her guild at brit GY
yeah i was an orc for a period of time and spent a lot of time in IRC where they both were often.
starbreeze was in her late 30's? and abe the monk was some rich 21 year old.

i picture the relationship was kinda like a middle america version of ashton kutcher and demi moore.

drowned you really took my comment and ran with it. you were never very good, a name anyone really remembers, and my remark had zero to do with anything related to pvp - although you did have a lot of little juggalo friends who pumped you up about being good.

It was because of the type of shit human being you were back then, and by the looks of it, still are.
I'm sorry that I didnt do you style of stealing at bucs den and dying over and over.....

there a reason you get lots of groupies and it's not for being shit....

I never talked to you but I do remember you being a annoying newb theif that would just try to steal from people fighting. you steal like that your gonna get repeadly killed.

joojoo|gl

Post by joojoo|gl »

jimm1432 wrote:mite aswell jump in this one,

Drowned God ''DG'' (tank mage) Powder/Puffy (PVP mages) lots of Jimm's over the years of different builds.

Many people of my time will only remember my PVP chars cus i solo when hunting.

im not too sure about that, i know DG and he spelled it DrowndGod, and i also know that his first name is not Jimm, pm if its the real u DG

joojoo|gl

Post by joojoo|gl »

Flea wrote:
mungrin wrote:Some chars I remember.
Devon Kain
Budman
Trent
DaWeeD
Bane
BONE
Witchy
Apocalypse
Mase
Ho Chi Minh
Tonster
Ronster
Monster Killer
Huma
Faulk
Silk
Belial
Jff
Elric Von Darkmoor
Tiberius Kirk
Rocky the Racoon
Mordred
Brick

My brother was Apocalypse. Silk, Huma Falk TrenT, Belial were all guildmates. Huma used to kill me and steal my clothes and stuff :(

Flea i deff ended up with your brothers account, the one with Burne on it :P , i turned Apoc into a tamer and pOpNfrEsh into a dexxer.

i believe MRev gave it to me when i got banned but im not too sure.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

joojoo|gl wrote:
jimm1432 wrote:mite aswell jump in this one,

Drowned God ''DG'' (tank mage) Powder/Puffy (PVP mages) lots of Jimm's over the years of different builds.

Many people of my time will only remember my PVP chars cus i solo when hunting.

im not too sure about that, i know DG and he spelled it DrowndGod, and i also know that his first name is not Jimm, pm if its the real u DG
then u know a diffrent guy.... my char was drowned god.

Grim_Fandango

Post by Grim_Fandango »

Good ol' Great Lakes... how I miss thee.

Such fun times remembered from going to in-game weddings (yes, me and a friend actually got to take part in one), looting houses when we first discovered UO-Plugin or the times of running from PKs whenever SiN showed up.

FaDe to BlAcK

Post by FaDe to BlAcK »

Hilarious doing a search for Furby/necro and great lakes finding this forum and these posts. I remember almost all of the names on here. I was a casual player was in FS! for some time. Still amazed that they never brought back a paid Retro Server.

Breanna - GL

Post by Breanna - GL »

Hello all - I played on GL for all those years and more!

My Characters were some of the following:

Breanna
Zain
Brien
Serenity
Shapeshirter
Tranquility
Ryu
and tons more Just seeing who is out there I may have played with!

The Town Drunk

Post by The Town Drunk »

I played from 98-06 on and off. Name is Baezerk,Italian Stallion, The Town Drunk
Was in KoV way back when with Death, and bloodbath. Then ran BTH with Ho Chi Minh for most of of my time and then MM with Golrath and Hacker PvP Prodigy.

Lookin for old PvPers to wreck shit- Arocks playing as well from BTH.
Halbu: Don't know if you realize this but I've killed more pvpers 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 than anyone else on the entire shard.
TownD: LOL

Ceph

Post by Ceph »

I played GL around that era, started at the beginning of T2A and all but gave up after UO:R but played loosely untill UOTD and left, it was just never the same, i tried again limitedly when AOS came out, that was my last attempt.

I dont rememer many names in here but there were a couple that stuck out namely Jocko, TAZ and Luthor, if it was the Luthor that hung out around Jhelom.

Back then i ran by the names Cephiros, Lycidia Alamonte, Methraton Caine, Selious Murand, and i cant recall my 5th character...might not have had one. I used to run with a guild called SunRunner Kin, SRK.

I still miss playing UO as it should be i will probably give this shard a try.

EnigmaMaitreya

Post by EnigmaMaitreya »

Well .... I was Enigma Maitreya on GL as well as full Roster of others

Guild AoL -> Army of Light

From day 1 of UO opening to day 1 of EQ opening.

Lonebob

Post by Lonebob »

Ceph wrote:I played GL around that era, started at the beginning of T2A and all but gave up after UO:R but played loosely untill UOTD and left, it was just never the same, i tried again limitedly when AOS came out, that was my last attempt.

I dont rememer many names in here but there were a couple that stuck out namely Jocko, TAZ and Luthor, if it was the Luthor that hung out around Jhelom.

Back then i ran by the names Cephiros, Lycidia Alamonte, Methraton Caine, Selious Murand, and i cant recall my 5th character...might not have had one. I used to run with a guild called SunRunner Kin, SRK.

Jocko and TAZ were brothers in real life. And they were good.

Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Lonebob wrote:
Ceph wrote:I played GL around that era, started at the beginning of T2A and all but gave up after UO:R but played loosely untill UOTD and left, it was just never the same, i tried again limitedly when AOS came out, that was my last attempt.

Jocko and TAZ were brothers in real life. And they were good.

They are my brothers :) They were beast, trying to get them to come back here.
GuardianKnight wrote:He wants voltron's sword to be stuck in him.
[23:23] <Alcon> can i get a price check on shemps blade?
ShastaMcNasty wrote:FREE THE RED NIGHTMARE!!!