Topics related to Second Age
inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Anyone play Lake Superior?

Post by inkognito »

Lord Don Xavier Grandmaster Ninja Looter
of Lake Superior

Most notorious griefer this side of deceit dungeon. Me and my buddies loved to lure the poison elemental on peeps and loot them dry. It got bad. People would just vacate the area when I came into lich lord room. They knew it wasn't worth their time fighting for loot. A griefer golden age back then. Some reds but not enough to over run every dungeon. People kept their silver vanquishings and non blessed sandals in their backpacks chillin' at brit bank. Man we thieves and battle griefers feasted...miss them days.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

RoadKill wrote:
Solaris wrote:Sorry to bring up a dead thread...

I played on LS around 97/98. Was on the KDoLS stone for a while, ran with some of the GC/TC/iB guys on LS and in other games post UO.

Was wondering if anyone was still around or made the jump to GW2?
I remember you for sure.

Grifty McGrift wrote:I also played Lake Superior around the T2A era, and a bit into UOR. I was a young kid then and I don't really remember many people I played with, but I was there!

Characters:

Sibil Sibling
GoD MoDe
A White Guy

Played briefly on Napa Valley also.
Pretty sure I knew you, unless there were 2 Sibils. Did you work at (Intern maybe?) a radio station at some point during your early UO days. The Sibil I remember use to tell me about how he'd get a buncha music regularly from the radio station.

Pretty sure there was two Sibils. I definetly didn't work for a radio station tho. I was probably 12-13 at the time. My most notable charater as probably GoD MoDe, who i transferred to Napa.
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

Crypto

Post by Crypto »

Checking in.

98-01 ish. Left right after UO3D hit.

I had a ton of characters but the 3 that I remember were

CryptoTech tamer
Crypto mage, occasionally red
Johann D'Amore - macer red

I recognize a lot of the names mentioned in this thread.

I knew a lot of people but, much like here often stayed in the background.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Blaine the Gypsy wrote:LS is where all the cool kids went and left after they got their butts kicked by any guild I was in.
I loved fighting all the guys in this thread. Red was so fun to group fight. Me [KiNaRaH], PoOpy DiApers, Grom and a few other [COP] guys used to fight yall all the time. Good times.

Also almost every other vet I've seen in here I remember.. Dark Raven, RoadKill, Brad Pitt, Arkon, Diamond Dog, Silk, Geryon, Paul Atreides, Gunther, Turtle Chomper, Reefer Madness, Panthor, Grey Wolf, Pattycat, Hope, Bobby Digital, Faramir, Repo, Hunter Blackmoon, Gunther, Russ, Loki, Bat, Redkiller, Fruit Loops, Neit, Cadul, Raistlen, Column, and many more..
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Ardos wrote:
Blaine the Gypsy wrote:LS is where all the cool kids went and left after they got their butts kicked by any guild I was in.
I loved fighting all the guys in this thread. Red was so fun to group fight. Me [KiNaRaH], PoOpy DiApers, Grom and a few other [COP] guys used to fight yall all the time. Good times.

Also almost every other vet I've seen in here I remember.. Dark Raven, RoadKill, Brad Pitt, Arkon, Diamond Dog, Silk, Geryon, Paul Atreides, Gunther, Turtle Chomper, Reefer Madness, Panthor, Grey Wolf, Pattycat, Hope, Bobby Digital, Faramir, Repo, Hunter Blackmoon, Gunther, Russ, Loki, Bat, Redkiller, Fruit Loops, Neit, Cadul, Raistlen, Column, and many more..

COP was on LS too? We had one on Catskills. They were prolly the first guild who used team speak/voice communication in our shard back in like early 1998, the joke used to be that whenever you saw an orange cop, he always called for backup! And trust me, within seconds another few would pop up..
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Yeah :] same on LS haha. We were not a huge guild but we did well.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

SirWrath

Post by SirWrath »

You know it was a great game if you still google names a good 15 years later. See a lot of familiar names in this thread. Easily the most fun I've had playing a video game in my entire life and the only one that ever gave me adrenaline rushes and actual sense of fear. The players were people and a jacked up angsty community of cut throat teenagers. A level of hardcore I don't think will ever be emulated ever again.

Played on and off from 97 til the release of WoW. Played on SP with TC for a while. Some of my characters:

Sir Wrath (dread lord all the way through artifacts and necro)
Super Town Fighter
Val Venis
Htarw Ris
Dosk
Several more I can't even begin to remember.

I ran with and fought against almost every memorable guild from 97-01.

Soul Assassins-> KDoLS -> The Cabal

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

SirWrath wrote:You know it was a great game if you still google names a good 15 years later. See a lot of familiar names in this thread. Easily the most fun I've had playing a video game in my entire life and the only one that ever gave me adrenaline rushes and actual sense of fear. The players were people and a jacked up angsty community of cut throat teenagers. A level of hardcore I don't think will ever be emulated ever again.

Played on and off from 97 til the release of WoW. Played on SP with TC for a while. Some of my characters:

Super Town Fighter
Val Venis
Htarw Ris
Dosk

I remember you very well. I always wondered this, and maybe you can shed some light, how did you become "Super Town Fighter" as character limitations were maxed at "Super Town Fight".
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

SirWrath

Post by SirWrath »

Character was originally named "I Pimp U For Fun" (a play on a Chris Tucker quote from Money Talks lol) and I had let Turtle Chomper use the account when I was playing DAoC. Apparently he got reported and a GM changed it to that per his request.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

SirWrath wrote:You know it was a great game if you still google names a good 15 years later. See a lot of familiar names in this thread. Easily the most fun I've had playing a video game in my entire life and the only one that ever gave me adrenaline rushes and actual sense of fear. The players were people and a jacked up angsty community of cut throat teenagers. A level of hardcore I don't think will ever be emulated ever again.

Super Town Fighter
Val Venis
Htarw Ris
Dosk

Holy shit - long time, no see Wrath! I definitely remember running w/ you back in the day. Chars were Bedlam (Dread Lord days), Ragancy, Reality, Vainglorious, and way later as Varen in 2002 (when having alchemy increased purple pot damage. I came back for a few months).

I'm sure you remember Capn' Crunch from LS? He plays here, too.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

yep yep Crunch here I remember wrath :)

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

SirWrath wrote:Character was originally named "I Pimp U For Fun" (a play on a Chris Tucker quote from Money Talks lol) and I had let Turtle Chomper use the account when I was playing DAoC. Apparently he got reported and a GM changed it to that per his request.
Interesting! There were so many rumors coming out of the mill back in the day. "He's a GM" "He's a hacker" "He paid OSI" etc...
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Waldo

Post by Waldo »

Played LS from 97-02ish my chars
Orian
Doop
lilcrook
Hobgoblin
cant recall the rest had 3-4 accounts

just gonna throw some names of other peeps I haven't seen mentioned here I knew

Breeze (my wifes main)
Golden shimmer
Boadecia
Prastuagus
MP
Jueak
Khadgar
Rekwon

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

anyone remember Badea? she was my arch nemesis. crossroads griefing for life!

Ash tha Fallen

Post by Ash tha Fallen »

Lord Don Xavier Grandmaster Ninja Looter
of Lake Superior

Most notorious griefer this side of deceit dungeon. Me and my buddies loved to lure the poison elemental on peeps and loot them dry. It got bad. People would just vacate the area when I came into lich lord room. They knew it wasn't worth their time fighting for loot. A griefer golden age back then. Some reds but not enough to over run every dungeon. People kept their silver vanquishings and non blessed sandals in their backpacks chillin' at brit bank. Man we thieves and battle griefers feasted...miss them days.

We both know (Geryon who posted about 3 years ago can attest) I was "The Griefer King". :)

I played 98-2003, AoA was one of the last guilds I was a top leader (along with founder geryon), before I found a life... lol

damn I remember a lot of names here, lots... Friends, Enemy's etc... Sir Wrath, Roadkill, Paul, BraddPitt, Gandolf/ Capn Crunch, Blaine the Gyp, Bobby DiGitaL/Lex Diamonds , Ol' Dirty Bastard, Darkknight, DeViLMaN, a bomb, Darkon, Diamond Dog, GonZo, Grey,