Anyone play Lake Superior?

Topics related to Second Age
UltimaOnline

Re: Anyone play Lake Superior?

Post by UltimaOnline »

Might as well take a long shot and jump in.

I was named...

Xavier
XXX
Ultima Online
Xentec

Started in 98, played for many years, would love to find...
Drudge,dark wolf, gate, door, hapo crapo, War, and others i cant place, sorry guys!
Drudge dark wolf and gate were in a guild called Xebrics they quit and went to EQ way back, long shot i know just thought id post it up for historical reasons lol.

Also, i cant forget Jason, he had a small house just south of the healer shop in minoc, we spent a lot of great times together fighting PKs, such as the Dead Presidents near vespar ....

I remember several names here, fought a few, but minoc was my main hang out, was always grey and fighting in minoc mines with some guild i cant remember, but troll man was in the guild.

I was always poor, no house, nothing. my parents played at the time too, my dad was sabin GM bowyer, and my mom was Miss Glenda, GM smith, so i had free hook ups for PVP

Awesome memories, lots of hate and rage, punched walls and slammed chairs lol...........good times.

Heihachi

Post by Heihachi »

I played LS in the late 90s with my mage Heihachi (tank mage)
I remember hanging out with a female character named Venezia.

I found this forum while googling Column's Guild Red. I loved reading about their
exploits. Every now and then I wonder what happened to Seven.

If only he's still gaming. I would love to watch him on Twitch.

UO was such a unique experience in MMO. Nothing else after that feels the same.
Even UO itself, after trammel. My heart was beating so fast the first time
I got pked while mining. Those are the days.

sibble

Post by sibble »

97-01 SiBbLe SiB, Sadok

Used to hang in Vesper, specifically in front of the mage shop sitting on the log :P then our "gang" moved in front of the alchemists shop where the LoA stone was originally placed (Lords of Apocalypse) ran by Chosen-One and uNeeK. I believe we were allied with Gods of Britannia, damn I can't put my finger on the guild leader's name, something of GoB... Hunter of GoB! Anyways, our original castle was in compassion desert, and we had a smithy there too. I remember our rival guilds used to gate in dragons/daemons/elementals to the smithy and we'd have a huge fight there, was so fun. Later we owned the first house out of Vesper crossing the bridge to the north, many bodies were claimed there...

Some other names I remember were in LoA or allied to... MadMardigan, hammerII & Jazzy, Lava del Lavayne (i think), RoadKill, Ashram, Joussalaine (still plays)

Couple other memories...

House break-in bug... When casting Gate Travel, the gate would pop up at a random open tile 1 tile from your character. Stand in front of house stairs with people surrounding you, cast gate. Gate will pop up in front of you under the stairs, walk through and repeat process. Next gate opens up in the door. This resulted in a change to where when you cast Gate Travel, the gate will now pop up on your character tile, and it's been that way ever since.

Killing people in vesper without getting guard whacked. Teleport on top the bank roof, make sure you have a bow or can cast spells to kill the peasants below.

PVP tournaments at Rivendell - town still exists, will never decay.

Shenanigans at Silk's Tavern - still exists, house was moved but it's still there, will never decay.
------------

LS PVP is very much active, second most active PVP shard next to ATL. There is PVP every night, although sometimes hard to find due to the vastness of what UO is now, but it's there. Champ spawns are mainly where you will find the PVP, but again, only in the evening.

http://www.twitch.tv/sibbletv/profile

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Hey Sibble, I remember you very well. RoadKill here :)
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

I started playing in 98, and played for years on, I didn't PvP back then, I would have gotten destroyed though. I clicked everything, I didn't use UO assist, and in WoW I clicked for a couple years.

Now days on the other hand, well I won't brag.

The only character I had back then that I remembered was, Methran my trammy tamer right before or around Renaissance hit. Then in AoS my Necro Mage name was Vividos, but never PvP'd, I had no idea what a PvP build even was back then.

My irl friend that was older then me at the time started playing really early on, his name was Pampa, he had a Large Brick on LS felucca, wear a blue kilt, blonde hair, he quit probably around the early days of T2A if I had to guess. I want to say he was probably good at PvP back then, but I never saw him play. He only showed me his rares he had, I remember he had a Music Sheet, a kettle, and some other really rare items for back then.

If anyone knew,

Methran
Vividos
and or my irl friend Pampa on LS, let me know.
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

sibble

Post by sibble »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:Hey Sibble, I remember you very well. RoadKill here :)
Hey buddy :)

I gota ask, did you recently come back to Lake Superior for a short period? I'm gona say it probably wasn't you lol...

sibble

Post by sibble »

SaibotMK wrote:Pampa on LS
I know of him :)

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

sibble wrote:

I gota ask, did you recently come back to Lake Superior for a short period? I'm gona say it probably wasn't you lol...
Nope, can't say that I have recently. I pop into the paid shards once every 2-3 years for a 30 day trial to see what the game looks like, that's about it.

I watched one of your videos (Despise fight), what's the deal with everyone casting tons of paralyze and poison fields?
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

I went into acct management on uo.com, and FFS. I remember my account name, and still have access to the email, but trying to get thru the Mythic/EA 65,000 things I'd have to do to get account info back...sucks.

Haven't logged that account since 2001 ? Might be interesting to see what kinda crap is sitting in the bank 15 years later. Was there a character wipe? Looks like the account might still be there.
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

sibble

Post by sibble »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
sibble wrote:

Nope, can't say that I have recently. I pop into the paid shards once every 2-3 years for a 30 day trial to see what the game looks like, that's about it.

I watched one of your videos (Despise fight), what's the deal with everyone casting tons of paralyze and poison fields?

Ahh! The guy played me! It's funny my guildies told me that I just wanted to believe it was you and that he was probably just scamming me lol. Thankfully I didn't really give him anything I can't replace :)

Oh man, I can't stand "grinders" Basically people throw down a bunch of fields for tactical advantages. I'm usually playing a dexer, so to get through them I'd have to trap box my way through or spend time shadow jumping across. The poison fields are a counter to the paralyze fields. They can't stand in the poison fields AND heal themselves, as soon as they cure they're poisoned again. They have no choice but to move to another tile (generally behind them.) Keep pushing with poison fields until we're all on island and the battle begins! :)

Here's a good example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh-AW1obxNQ fast forward to 10:40.
A year ago, a HUGE zerg guild started playing again. In that scene at 10:40, I shadow-jumped over the para fields and onto the island (having no guildies/allies to help me) and ended up taking out their baracoon-killer :) but i was not able to get out, running through the para fields i needed to trap box my way through, giving them enough time to dump on me and take me out

People also use these para fields out in the world, not just despise. North of yew gate near the water, people will put para fields down in between the water and someone's house and use that as their go-to spot. Prevents dexers from getting close to them, allows them to run through them when they need to retreat and stops the enemy.
Last edited by sibble on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibble

Post by sibble »

Used Kotex wrote:I went into acct management on uo.com, and FFS. I remember my account name, and still have access to the email, but trying to get thru the Mythic/EA 65,000 things I'd have to do to get account info back...sucks.

Haven't logged that account since 2001 ? Might be interesting to see what kinda crap is sitting in the bank 15 years later. Was there a character wipe? Looks like the account might still be there.
If you need ANY help getting your account back go directly to the top - email bonnie@broadsword.com She will do everything she can to help you, just give her as much information as possible.

tell her sibble sent you so i can get brownie points <3

Never a character wipe, ever.

DeViLMaN666

Post by DeViLMaN666 »

I played on it from maybe 98 to 2002.. I was DeViLMaN666 and in EE for a long time playing with. Hellrazor, RePo, gunther, and many others. I also was GrounDZerO. For a while, I used him to PK with.. Those were the best of times to play UO. Even till today it is still my favorite game I've ever played. Some one hit me up maybe we can get something going.. I'd love to play again..

Thanks, DeViLMaN...

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

DeViLMaN666 wrote:I played on it from maybe 98 to 2002.. I was DeViLMaN666 and in EE for a long time playing with. Hellrazor, RePo, gunther, and many others. I also was GrounDZerO. For a while, I used him to PK with.. Those were the best of times to play UO. Even till today it is still my favorite game I've ever played. Some one hit me up maybe we can get something going.. I'd love to play again..

Thanks, DeViLMaN...
Lol, I remember all of those people.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

eniave

Re: Ha! I remember you guy.

Post by eniave »

RoadKill wrote:
Matty wrote: my arch nemesis was Badea. man, I hatd her.
I got a good kick out of that last line. I think more people hated Badea than liked
She was great :) She was on 2nd age for a while. :)
LS 1997 - 2003

Zazzles

Post by Zazzles »

I was in BCB at the end, and BCA.

I remember Susie redrum in the early days around t2a. Outkast as well. I have a bad memory.