Anyone play Lake Superior?

Topics related to Second Age
BradPitt

Re: Anyone play Lake Superior?

Post by BradPitt »

Other names I'm not sure have been mentioned.

Wyndolyn and his guild C*G (carnival of gods)
poopy diapers
Gunther from guild EE <---------he was good
Big Bird
remember the guild Red Dragons?
Turtle chomper
Wappy
Tyreal
Ronald Mcdonald
Shadow
*thinking*

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Turtle Chomper haha. I remember Shadow too.

MACER(lol why not name some memorable runner dexers?)
an orc
an ettin
Vecna
Phirehawk
Xerxes
MerLin BlacK
Bat(original)

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Does anyone remember when the trammel citizens decided to hunt in Klaldun and we ended up pking them lol. Guild Red ex members and Column(I believe) lead us to victory. It was a way for us old school feluccans to get back at the creation of trammel in a way, a huge benchmark for LS pvp scene at the time.

Many of us went into statloss to give trammies a taste that many of them never had. The well-known bow-crafter Dennar lead them and what a fun event it was.

Of course I've come a long way from my pking days on LS, I do no such thing on UOSA.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I always used my hally as a finisher.
I still do, I'm a dying breed lol.

I still have 25 int, I gotta keep it real!

It's easy to "out hally" someone with 35 dex and I also believe that doesn't seem right, in t2a the mechanics were such a way that the hally WAS used as mostly a finisher and wasn't spammed as much.

@Brat Pitt. Despite what people are saying about pvp, this is still THE UO shard to play if you want to play any. Don't be fooled into playing UOgamers or Revelation, the mechanics there are FAR worse than here. This shard is fun, just play with an open mind and don't expect HEAVY pvp because this server has many different playstyles and pvp is just one of them and a minority.

However if you choose to pk there's always targets somewhere. But then you'll have to deal with being hunted by Orphik Deranger!

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

on LS:

Cap'n Crunch- macer dexer w/ magery
Gandalf- tank mage, then healer mage

on GL:

Buff'n'Stuff-, poisoner fencer

I remember Red Dragon well. We'd take those poor noobs on being outnumbered 6 or 7 to 1 if we had to and still won more often than not. They were usually in it til the end though so i respect em. Fond memories hiding out in their little town and ganking them.

I remember a lot of names here... Vecna I was friendly with until he turned on me. i remember cookiemonster, poopydiapers and some others...

I don't think Krom, I'magoodguy or Shermhead THC have been mentioned. Those were the fireball days and I may have servers mixed up.

Anyone remember Badea? She was my arch nemesis. Fought with her at Xroads as much as possible.

Worf

Post by Worf »

After I left planet Gault I spent time in Minsk, while doing so I visited a Lake Superior multiple times.

Mack

Post by Mack »

Me and My best friend Dorian used to hang around and fight the guys from IB/DLS at silks almost every night, good times. I was in the red dragons for a while as well.
-Macmordoth

BradPitt

Post by BradPitt »

@Psilo

I played on and off here most of the weekend. I had a good time but forgot how annoying dying was back in the day as a nooblet. I'm not real good and gathering sheep or provoking so I'm trying to gather enough money to stock pile regs to macro magery by just sword and boarding low level spawns. I got pked a few times by some real standup fella's. and I got killed a few times by some not so mature people too. But all and all I hhad a good time. I have been playing so long on OSI servers I take for granted how easy I have it. If I start a new toon and need money I just shower myself in million dollar checks. Over the weekend it felt almost cleansing to feel that fear again; the 400gps I just collected need to be ran to the bank asap or all was for not.

I think I'm going to stick this out. I'm sure it will be months before I'm ready for pvp, but I'm looking forward to it. At the end of my weekend I actuallt felt a sense of acomplishment for the skills I had gained.

Refreshing.

PS.

Capt Crunch was a gate hugger and house hider.
Gandalf did not deserve a mention unless the goal is to run in circles alive and not be able to kill anybody.

I remember the Trammie slaughterfest @ Klaldun...........and the lag it caused.

other notable names I remember.

Ludacris
Jadin Jin
Katrina
Hulk hogan
Caven Stathhold

Remember that guild Greem machine or something?
I think they were during the KDoLs era of guilds

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

BradPitt wrote: Remember that guild Greem machine or something?
I think they were during the KDoLs era of guilds
I loved the Greems, aka "The Un$eeN" - Long after we both quit OSI, Greem Supreme and I were working on the same website together (MakeMeKing.com - which was later sold and the new owner killed it). Overall the Greem guys were pretty fun to play with.

If you guys want to pick through (not the best) screenshots from Lake Superior, I had Derrick upload all of my pics from 1997-2002, a lot of them sadly are cropped due to the fact that I was young and didn't think I'd want to reference them 10+ years later

http://download.uosecondage.com/OsiScre ... /Roadkill/
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

BradPitt

Post by BradPitt »

that screen shot is not funny!

haha

I would like the record to reflect blaine died more than I did. or at least you valued his pic more!

Why only one of me!

I thought i was famous Gdamnit!

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

BradPitt wrote:that screen shot is not funny!

haha

I would like the record to reflect blaine died more than I did. or at least you valued his pic more!

Why only one of me!

Don't mix that Blaine up with Blaine the Gypsy. However yes, I'm sure that Blaine died a lot too (he was/is a RL friend of mine who I played with for a good 3-4 years)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

kwhiz73
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kwhiz73 »

I recognize many of the names:

I played Cephous (mage), Bernie Wizenheim (mace dexxer), Red (Smith), and a thief named Clyde.

friend I brought along to secondage played: Core (mage), Dano Calebia (dexxer).

Played many nights late at Brit graveyard before server reset, yew gate battles, Bucs den, and regretfully let my tower fall one day with unthinkable loot for somebody. Started playing around 1997 98 area, and continued through trammel for quite sometime until I couldn't take it anymore. Had some good times and looking forward to some more with this server---finally getting set up although I don't have quite as much free time as I used to.

I believe a couple of the prominent pks were Achilles and Suzie Redrum when I first started. I remember one day walking from Brit back to yew in my first shiny new set of plate and getting pked near brigand camp and losing it....was a sad day for a newb.

Some names I remember from yew: Ole Dirty, Ragnar, Chi Chi, Jessie, Sir Steve many more not coming to memory right now.

Blaine the Gypsy

Post by Blaine the Gypsy »

RoadKill wrote:
BradPitt wrote:that screen shot is not funny!

haha

Why only one of me!

Don't mix that Blaine up with Blaine the Gypsy. However yes, I'm sure that Blaine died a lot too (he was/is a RL friend of mine who I played with for a good 3-4 years)
Yeah don't get ME confused with anyone lol geez I do a search on google to see if anyone is still yappin about me and I find this joint. Doubt if I'm the real guy? Ask me a question that only I would know? Like example the day Willy Wonka shouted out "MOM I DON'T WANT ANY CORNDOGS" in battlecom... or the fact that Seven (Column) and I would para people until I stole everything outta their packs... or even up to my official retirement last year. Hats off to whoever looted my houses when they fell lol
UOSA: Village of Paws - Gypsy Tribe of Spirituality - "Ignavus"
UO: LS guilds [Red] [Rx2] [OMEN] HC member/co-creator
Drach wGt Gypsy Village

Blaine the Gypsy

Post by Blaine the Gypsy »

To further back up my "claim" this was the moment we all decided hey... lets form [Red] and have a wardrobe...

Also... Poopy was only in the guild for like a week or less as I remember correctly.
UOSA: Village of Paws - Gypsy Tribe of Spirituality - "Ignavus"
UO: LS guilds [Red] [Rx2] [OMEN] HC member/co-creator
Drach wGt Gypsy Village

BradPitt

Post by BradPitt »

wait what!! You google yourself? lmao

The fact that you admit that only means it is most certainly you.