Help with Razor!

Topics related to Second Age
ApolloX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Help with Razor!

Post by ApolloX »

I logged on today and Razor updated. After the update I waited for razor to start and got this message. I uninstalled and re-installed the program. I tried using an older version (1.0.0) apparently not compatible. I couldn't find any other older version available for download. Can anyone help me?
Attachments
Razormsg.JPG

Populus

Re: Help with Razor!

Post by Populus »

That desktop takes me back a few years.

Try reinstalling Razor.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

ApolloX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ApolloX »

Populus wrote:That desktop takes me back a few years.

Try reinstalling Razor.
Already tried that...keeps giving me the same message. I don't see any extra processes running on my task bar that would interfere either.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Here's a older version of Razor.
http://download.uosecondage.com/Razor_Latest.exe

It may still try to update, try to prevent that.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

aNouC

Post by aNouC »

I had similar problem...an error message under Vista

I reinstalled the version from UOSA website..and now my macro are not saving anymore

Macro , hotkeys , everything

aNouC

Post by aNouC »

Derrick wrote:Here's a older version of Razor.
http://download.uosecondage.com/Razor_Latest.exe

It may still try to update, try to prevent that.
Did what you did..installed and it worked number one..all my macro are back suddenly and my hotkey?!

Woohoo.

Papou

Post by Papou »

If any of your macros/profiles are gone after the update:
Open "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Razor"
Copy all files to "C:\Program Files\Razor"

If you're unable to create new macros or take screenshots, you can either run Razor with administrator privileges, or change the Razor folder owner to your user account as follows:
Open "C:\Program Files\Razor", right-click anywhere in the folder and click "Properties".
Click the Security tab.
Click Advanced.
Click the Owner tab.
Click Edit.
Select your user account in the "Change owner to:" box.
Press Apply, then OK about 3 times to close all previous windows.

If "C:\Program Files\Razor" already has subfolders, you may have to do the same for those too.

ApolloX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ApolloX »

I've tried it all...uninstalling & re-installing. Copying macros and user profiles. Removing the whole program manually. I still get the same message.......any ideas...anyone?

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Papou, nice copy/paste off the RunUO forums..

Those solutions won't apply to WinXP though (like the OP).

Here's another copy of razor. i made a backup this morning before the update just in case. so it's the latest version before the update today
http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/fb6e7e4d00_1.71MB

Papou

Post by Papou »

Dagon wrote:Papou, nice copy/paste off the RunUO forums..

Here's another copy of razor. i made a backup this morning before the update just in case. so it's the latest version before the update today
I posted that to help out, not to receive critical acclaim.

ApolloX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ApolloX »

Dagon wrote:Papou, nice copy/paste off the RunUO forums..

Well...I gave your link a try and even installed Winzip. Still I can't figure a way to keep razor from updating even after i install the old version. If I hit "cancel" on the update screen it just closes razor completely. I tried editing the command in the Updater file so that it wouldn't execute but that just made Razor go nuts...

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Yeah, the update date hash is stored in the registry.. I was talking to Rose about it a while back on IRC about making some method of bypassing razor updates just for this reason..... the updates break stuff more often than Windows updates.

Here's what you can do for now..

Start > Run > Regedit > enter
navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Razor
edit the UpdateCheck key and change the value to 01CB68D9542A1AA1

that will bypass the update check for today. but it might not do any good tomorrow when Razor checks it (daily updates).

I'm at a loss as to what they could have done to break XP compatibility, since XP does not use any of the virtual location files.

And Papou, I said "nice", right? But give credit when you steal.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I have the solution to this problem and will post it momentarily.

You will need to have Windows Service Pack 2 + .NET framework 4 in order to run the Razor V1.0.12 successfully. I ran windows update + downloaded the necessary files needed to make these install/work and I have connected & logged in with the latest Razor update.

Enjoy.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sandro wrote:You will need to have Windows Service Pack 2 + .NET framework 4 in order to run the Razor V1.0.12 successfully. I ran windows update + downloaded the necessary files needed to make these install/work and I have connected & logged in with the latest Razor update.
Thanks much for this! I've posted it as an ingame motd and the IRC topic.

The .Net 4 download is available in Windows Update under "Optional Updates"
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Also note that I am not experiencing any of the other side-affect problems that have been reported, such as deletion of recorded macros & hotkeys, and Razor not successfully saving them. Works as intended.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w