2 Story decay on Fire Island, last few days

Topics related to Second Age
Edie Brickell

2 Story decay on Fire Island, last few days

Post by Edie Brickell »

I lot my two story on Fire Island, though I swear it hasn't been two weeks sicne I refreshed. Just curious who got my goodies. Full Treasure Runebook set, and a gob of nicely sorted armor and weapons, prolly a few other thigns i can't think of right now. Who was the lucky guy (guies)? And what IS the decay rate, because I didn't think it had been nearly that long.

Sandro

Re: 2 Story decay on Fire Island, last few days

Post by Sandro »

11 days if i am not mistaken
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

Shouldn't ahve even been THAT long since I logged, but clearly it was if I don't have the hosue anymore. But it's telling if I don't use the hosue enough to refresh i nthe natural course of a game day....I actually hate losing all the treasure maps I had there and the rune books more than the house. *shrugs*

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I think it's pretty close to 14.

I calculated Greatly Worn to be between 69 and 72.5 hours, which makes me think it's 72. If "slightly", "somewhat", "fairly", and "greatly" are all 3 days, there's 12 total. Add in about 17 hours for IDOC and you're left with 32 hours for "like new", which seems reasonable.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Edie, your house was pretty secluded. There is a VERY good chance that noone got your loot and it all decayed.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Not a chance. I had a week off of work in September, and one in October. The number of people who are in and out of IDOCs is astounding to me. Even crappy ones. I don't think I even saw a single 7x7 decaying to IDOC without at least 3 separate people checking on it. (and I mean 3 people who aren't in the same guild, etc. There are some guilds which have 2 or 3 people at an IDOC themselves).

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Mikel123 wrote:Not a chance. I had a week off of work in September, and one in October. The number of people who are in and out of IDOCs is astounding to me. Even crappy ones. I don't think I even saw a single 7x7 decaying to IDOC without at least 3 separate people checking on it. (and I mean 3 people who aren't in the same guild, etc. There are some guilds which have 2 or 3 people at an IDOC themselves).
Believe me where his house was literally noone ever went near that area. Alot of Idoccers dont go to Fire because its annoying to deal with the spawn. I know myself and a couple others, have the more desirable houses on Fire marked and those are the only ones we check. Fire is a big ass island, thats alot of running to only check the dozen or so houses on the island.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Kelektra wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:Not a chance. I had a week off of work in September, and one in October. The number of people who are in and out of IDOCs is astounding to me. Even crappy ones. I don't think I even saw a single 7x7 decaying to IDOC without at least 3 separate people checking on it. (and I mean 3 people who aren't in the same guild, etc. There are some guilds which have 2 or 3 people at an IDOC themselves).
Believe me where his house was literally noone ever went near that area. Alot of Idoccers dont go to Fire because its annoying to deal with the spawn. I know myself and a couple others, have the more desirable houses on Fire marked and those are the only ones we check. Fire is a big ass island, thats alot of running to only check the dozen or so houses on the island.
Particularly with those nasty Silver Serps...God I hate those things!!! I'd never IDOC sit in Fire Island.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kith
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Kith »

contact me in irc
Kith-Mart - Save Money. Live Better.
Brokers of Britannia [B*B]
Kith's Real Estate Mediation Services (KREMS)

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

Kelektra wrote:Edie, your house was pretty secluded. There is a VERY good chance that noone got your loot and it all decayed.
there's a small house where my 2 story was at, so I'm pretty sure it did get hit. Gotta remember that mining cave is right there, though in all fairness never saw anyone mining it...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Please be sure that you refresh your houses via the door, and that you see the message "your house has been refreshed". House refreshes are logged between saves, so even refreshing after last save should refresh the house, even though I do not at all recommend relying on this. There are scattered reports of people losing houses unexpectedly to decay, however there are no reports of anyone who regularly uses their house losing it to decay. I recommend that your house be refreshed at least once per week just to be safe, after refreshing, single click the sign just to be sure, especially if you don't plan on being back for a while.

I heard of a case today in which a player was logging in (I don't know how often) to refresh three houses, and logged in today to find only one of them standing. Because all houses decay at the same rate, if the one that was remaining had not been refreshed since the other two were thought to have been there is no possible explanation other than that two of his three houses did not get refreshed.

If you are not going to be using your houses, but are trying to maintain, them refresh often, and double check every time. Again, because this is a common misconception, opening the sign does not refresh a house. The house is only refreshed if you get a message saying it was.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

I never refreshed with the sign, always used the door. The last time I was there I had to let myself in, take myself through a locked innerdoor, and sorted out the loot from a lv 5 treasure map I had done. It don't matter, jsut stuff. :)

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

The way it could happen would be if after you refreshed the house and then logged (I'm assuming you just logged in to refresh the house and logged out), the server crashed shortly after you logged prior to a save. That would happen on Pacific quite often and people would lose houses, so I just got used to refreshing everything twice as often as required in case of a crash when I wasn't playing daily.

checkmate

Post by checkmate »

FYI I noticed a slight bug sometimes. When you log in while inside house and open the door it won't refresh (no message). What you need to do is leave the house by stepping OFF the doorstep and step back on, THEN open the door.

*shrug*

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

checkmate wrote:FYI I noticed a slight bug sometimes. When you log in while inside house and open the door it won't refresh (no message). What you need to do is leave the house by stepping OFF the doorstep and step back on, THEN open the door.

*shrug*
This is strange, I looked into this and cannot see how this is possible. It's worth nothing though that a house can be refreshed without a message if the house is already "brand new". The refresh is done before the door opens, so you can refresh if outside a locked house with no key as long as you are in rage. Of course, always check the sign if you have refreshed a house, and do not see a message. You do need to be in range of the door to use it/refresh the house.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."