Ultima characters/events on this server.

Topics related to Second Age
Deano

Ultima characters/events on this server.

Post by Deano »

I never got to see Lord British playing Lord British in-game. I did get to see Blackthorn and Dawn duke it out during the Lord Blackthorn's Revenge expansion. These events were great. Being able to see the characters of the world alive and leading the players on. It's something I still admire Garriott for doing today in Tabula Rasa.

Having said that, in the future will game masters be organising events like the seers of old? Perhaps even logging into famous characters such as Dupre to play out events?
Deano

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think this would be great. Thanks!

Deano

Post by Deano »

Derrick wrote:I think this would be great. Thanks!

Glad to see it's equally attractive to you.

This is the one thing I envied so much about players before me in UO. When I started UO, Renaissance had been out for a few months. Lord British was no longer part of the game (working on UO2) so I'd never get to experience all those events I read about in the Town Crier.

It's a fantastic idea. He has continued that same idea with Tabula Rasa (his latest game). The key girl character in the intro is played by 3 game masters across all the servers. There is nothing more immersive than an alive character. Other games prefer to just turn the character into an NPC and leave them bouncing off walls at a landmark location. That's fine for when there is no live events on the server, but sometimes they need to come alive.
Deano

King Of Ascalon

Post by King Of Ascalon »

I got to see lord british one time, and i was there for dawn and blackthorne on atlantic server, i definatly loved all the regular nintendo Ultima games so ya, that would be quite awesome.
i pwnzors all of juu nubz

Blakheart

lord brit

Post by Blakheart »

My blessed rune library on napa valley still has lord brit and designer dragon friended to it.