Housing Problem this morning, and the revert

Topics related to Second Age
Elemir

Re: Housing Problem this morning, and the revert

Post by Elemir »

Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line and let you know that while adria did end up quitting *apparently due to the prickish replies of most ppl, doob aside* that i'll be hanging around a bit ... and probably inheriting his character. Anyway i just wanted to thank doob for being kind and trying to help adria feel better and stay, its players like him that make a community worth being a part of.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

I'm sure there's a shard out there for him somewhere...
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Elemir wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line and let you know that while adria did end up quitting *apparently due to the prickish replies of most ppl, doob aside* that i'll be hanging around a bit ... and probably inheriting his character. Anyway i just wanted to thank doob for being kind and trying to help adria feel better and stay, its players like him that make a community worth being a part of.
this really isnt meant to be one of those "prickish replies".... but if he quit over a 4 hour roll back and some msg board grief then he wasnt cut out for uo. Really he wasnt.

As many have said the first couple years of UO were filled with lose 2-12 hours of game play to roll backs and sever crashes. It was filled with coming home and finding your house looted bc of bugs and finding the spot taken you have been working for weeks to place bc of duping. It was losing conn in a dungeon with a vanq weapon or lagging out entering your house with the door open...It was a game full of hardships and honestly that is why i was so addicted to it.

It wasnt candyland online (which is what trammel became)... You expercienced loses but it made the gains that much more fulfilling...

Anywho, i wish him well and you should do your best to talk him into giving it another chance... If a 4 hour rollback is the worst ingame thing that happens in the first month or two of play than i would consider that EXCELLENT gaming... considering it is all free....

Good luck.

StDrahcir

Post by StDrahcir »

Adria wrote:Understandable that you would have to reset; needs of the many over needs of the few..... us new players w/o houses just dont matter.
This is a very selfish and loaded statement. Has nothing to do with the "new players", but everything to do with maintaining the server in a stable condition. Why should the majority suffer over a mistake or error? If you would put yourself aside for a moment and think about this unfortunate revert you would realize that you would have wanted it too. What if this happened after you had already been established and you lost stuff that you had worked very hard for? Items and loot?
Adria wrote:It still sux for those of us who spent more time last night than we'll have in the next few weeks playing. Anyway its been a fun week but i guess UO was just not meant to be. Myself and my friends are most likely out. Good luck everyone.
If you are going to quit over this then you are just looking for a reason to quit. If you really enjoy the game then something as simple as this wouldn't stop you or your friends. Errors/mistakes happen even in MMOG's of today. This is I think the first time they have ever had to do a revert. That I must say is very VERY impressive.

I am not saying any of this to be negative or a prick, but to just mereily state the fact that this server and game isn't just about you. Its about everyone.
Tanque / Chinchilla (crafter) / St Drahcir - (ingame characters)

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

StDrahcir makes a very valid point what if you had bought your house, everything was fine, then you spent another all nighter getting loot and marking runes building a library and filling your house, to log in to find it all to be missing, you would demand they fix the problem it and revert! we are selfish as humans its our nature, but this shard is great, and shit happens, I commend the staff for their prompt responce, and we have to think is it for the betterment of the shard as a whole? or just for MY playing experience, its a multiplayer game and that needs be be considered first!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Welcome to MMOs folks...

Try other MMOs if you think this doesn't happen regularly. We should be so lucky as to only a 4 hour time loss.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink: