Regular Leather Armor

Topics related to Second Age
King Of Ascalon

Regular Leather Armor

Post by King Of Ascalon »

medable regular leather should be involved because dexxers with hitspell weps vanqs will demolish mages...
i pwnzors all of juu nubz

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

i agree... i think mages should be 100% medable with leather suits. magic leather armor is useless right now and tailoring is for clothing only... making leather suits 100% medable will make mages build magic suits and have the risk of losing something valuable like warrior when they lose their magic weapon/armor. it also makes worth killing stuff to get leather and make gm suits to sell at vendors... i have seem force 1 handed weapons doing crazy dmg against mages.

I dunno if t2a leather armor wasnt 100% med but i just wanted to give my opinions anyways.

alatar

Post by alatar »

definatly should be medable.. that's why we have studded leather for those who want extra protection..

King Of Ascalon

ya its very important that mages loose just as much as warriors, / warriors (magic weps armor steed bandaids curepotions) mages/ (cloth,regs)

warriors advantage over mages/ eval+magic hit spell wep of vanquishing/ (halberd axe spear insta death to non armor wearing mages)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

T2A leather was no different from any other armor, mana regen is based on the base AR of what you are wearing.

You can med in a full set of leather armor, you just regain mana at a slower rate. You will regain mana faster if you just wear the leather chest, and it will provide protection against most blows.

Also, mages should try the protection spell, as that does not effect mediation rate.

There are many valid arguments for having 100% regen rate in leather, as such, OSI made the change. But there were equally good arguments for making all the other changes they made too. If we start picking out features we like from later eras and implementing them we're going to end up with a game that doesn't look anything like T2A.

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

true derrick. but protection seems to wear off rly fast is it accurate to t2a? and how about increasing a little the time it takes to wear off? or it wears off by getting hit or something?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Clothes of protection can help too. I expect there to be a surplus of them about.

I'll check the timer on protection and make sure it's accurate.
Last edited by Derrick on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

oh yeah i have some of those protection clothes ty lol

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Leather is pretty useless. I think you can get the same AR from a platemail tunic (not sure, but I remember their values being close.) And you can still med in a tunic at the same rate as the set of armor. Advantage to this is you can unequip the armor for quicker regen rates faster then a set of leather.

I haven't tried it out here yet, but it's been the truth for past t2a shards
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

King Of Ascalon

it would just make more sense and also make it more balanced pvp, and i dont think anyone has any objections to this and it wouldnt be much of a large change compared to other things, we are the most accurate T2A server even if this were to change we would still be.

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

ok all answers was good enough for me... but what about the tailoring armors? i rly like tailoring but i dont think it worth to gm it right now... will we get any change on that?

Deano

Post by Deano »

Derrick wrote:If we start picking out features we like from later eras and implementing them we're going to end up with a game that doesn't look anything like T2A.

Good point.

Personally I don't see why it should be medable. It's heavier than cloth, but nto as heavy as plate. It offers extra protection at the cost of mana regeneration.
Deano

King Of Ascalon

i see the point your trying to make, but its like this if meditation is based on your armor class then i can wear a plate tunic the same armor as a full set of leather and be able to disarm my plate mail tunic to med instead of a full set of leather armor..

Deano

Post by Deano »

King Of Ascalon wrote:i see the point your trying to make, but its like this if meditation is based on your armor class then i can wear a plate tunic the same armor as a full set of leather and be able to disarm my plate mail tunic to med instead of a full set of leather armor..
That plate tunic requires more strength to wear though. Also doesn't the damage done change depending where it hits on the player, or is that a newer mechanic?
Deano

alatar

Post by alatar »

i think that only applies the ML expansion