House Secure Container...

Topics related to Second Age
Khronus

House Secure Container...

Post by Khronus »

Derrick i think this secure containers should only be useable by co owners and owners if its set to public... reason i say that is cause i own a mall and i may have people friended to place vendors... and dont get me wrong beanbag and furby i trust u guys but i might get more vendors and i dont wanna have problems with this. Private houses could stay as it is...

i know i can place stuff to block way to other rooms but i jsut think its not right that friends can acess ur secure container...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Those are certainly valid reasons for wanting that are and likely why OSI added access levels to secures in later eras.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

For now you could just keep your secure boxes out of reach.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

yeah i did that...

Blakheart

boxes

Post by Blakheart »

yah degrees of access to containers was one of the few later osi additions that made sense.

There were no coowners in t2a. He who held the key owned the house. Kill a guy on his doorstep and take his key and viola...you now owned that home and its entire contents. It kinda sucked hehe.

I also liked when osi made it possible to recall into a home you owned, so that you didnt have to take your housekey with you.

Some rules just had to be changed to discourage the griefers and exploiters.

btw bookshelves are a great way to secure an area, just unlock-down one shelf and you can access the area. Keeps out everyone else, and you cant teleport through them and such.

anyone remember when you needed a seperate key to access each container in your house?? whata nightmare that was lol.

Dupre[THG]

Re: House Secure Container...

Post by Dupre[THG] »

r the secure containers still activeated for friends eh?
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

alatar

Post by alatar »

i haven't checked but can someone deed your house if you die with the key?

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

alatar wrote:i haven't checked but can someone deed your house if you die with the key?
Nope, we didn't go that far back on housing rules. The only person who can deed the house is the owner, the key doesn't matter.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

Are there plans to go back any further with the housing rules? Early T2A didn't have secures and everything was locked. GM crafted lockable chests were highly sought to lower the breakin and loot chances. A good thief could make a decent living off of the careless house owner.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The housing rules that are currently in place were in for the most of OSI T2A and I feel they provide a good balance of risk vs. security. The original housing system, where house ownership was determined simply by who was holding key was an enormous risk and deterrent for many players to house ownership, and is also complicated to implement along side limits on the number of houses a player can have.

There was plenty of house looting going on during OSI T2A with these rules, even without the use of all the old exploits. I think a good thief can still make a decent living on Second Age.