The truth about this age.

Topics related to Second Age
arrowface

The truth about this age.

Post by arrowface »

It's been a while since I have played UO and when I found this site I was extremely happy! I thought, FINALLY I can satisfy my cravings of UO before EA games took it over and made it complete shit.

Now that I have built up a character and started to pvp, it's crap! Be honest with yourselves guys, this age is shit!

What drives a game is diversity and individuality, and there seems to be only one dominant class here, hally mages. Warriors stand absolutely no chance versus mages now. It's the truth... if you want to be successful you need to be able to cycle a weapon and cast the same exact spell rotation ever single time. How monotonous is that?? There is NEVER a surprise, just your standard hally mages running around thinking it takes some kind of skill to be able to lay down a rotation. The fact that ever single character and his mother has a hally mage really just kills the game. It's not even a genuine class, it's a game mechanic that got stuck at this point and was eventually upgraded.

What I am trying to say is that if the makers of UO got a hold of UO at this point in time again, they would better it with other balancing patches. Upgrade the diversity and make every single character playable and have a decent fighting chance. The fact that this site stays frozen on one period of time within UO and sticks to their excuse of, "were keeping to the period, not balance.", is silly. How do you guys not find this boring??

I remember a little after this, but before trammel was extremely fun. Where hally mages were not abundant and full mage builds were extremely fun and required a bit more tactic and surprise. Where lumberjacking added damage to axes. Where archers were able to stand their own ground solo. Everything up until trammel in fact..

anyhow I got to quince my thirst. take care.

-he, great lakes, 1999+

Pirul

Re: The truth about this age.

Post by Pirul »

Lumberjacking bonus is post-t2a (meaning tramell), not pre-.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Inda

Post by Inda »

uhh - it's Ultima Online...

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I have seen some very unusual character builds (temps) that have been done wonderfully. Once you learn more about properties and mechanics you will see that the Hally Mage doesn't always come out on top.

Just alot of people like the versatality they provide.

A well played Dexxer can beat a mage. Promise :wink:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

How do you guys not find this boring??
I have no idea, probably because I'm addicted to UOSA. Thank you Derrick.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

How dare you tell us what we should and should not enjoy? Who died and made you God? If you don't like it here, GTFO and go somewhere else. Don't come on here and tell me that I'm wrong for enjoying this server even though it's not exactly like you would like it to be.

Believe me, we've seen posts like this before. Every time some no-talent noob comes here and sees that it's not the hand-holding pussy shit that OSI is, they get on the forum and bitch and cry like that's going to change anything.

If you don't like the way we handle this server, go somewhere else. We aren't changing the long-held policies of this server to make you happy.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

jmal01

Post by jmal01 »

I second what arrowface said this server is boring!

Now dont get me wrong its the best free shard by a mile but the others go to far with ther neon rubbish but this shard goe's to far the other way and is well boring.

1)I mean to start with runebooks are not blessed whats the point in them not being blessed what a pointless mech of the game.

2) This shard has a big stable problem.

3) You cant recall to the lost lands WHY??? era accurate is lame excuse

3) I created a bard because i love provocation and thanks to this shard because 100.00 skill means 100% chance of success, but on this shard there is just no high end monsters to provoc.

e.g UOR had 2 ice orge lords to provoc here there is nothing just destard and fire temple I mean ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

4) My lockpicker can now do lvl4 dungeon chests but even these are crap, when i used to play on OSI i would get 700+ gold out of them and there were loads dotted about. Here your lucky to find one in a dungeon and these are normally always picked BORING.

This server is good and as I said its the best free server but it just needs that little extra. After all where would the world be if there was no change.

:twisted: The UOR era was better but without Trammel.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

jmal01 wrote:I second what arrowface said this server is boring!

Now dont get me wrong its the best free shard by a mile but the others go to far with ther neon rubbish but this shard goe's to far the other way and is well boring.

1)I mean to start with runebooks are not blessed whats the point in them not being blessed what a pointless mech of the game.

3) I created a bard because i love provocation and thanks to this shard because 100.00 skill means 100% chance of success, but on this shard there is just no high end monsters to provoc.

e.g UOR had 2 ice orge lords to provoc here there is nothing just destard and fire temple I mean ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

4) My lockpicker can now do lvl4 dungeon chests but even these are crap, when i used to play on OSI i would get 700+ gold out of them and there were loads dotted about. Here your lucky to find one in a dungeon and these are normally always picked BORING.

This server is good and as I said its the best free server but it just needs that little extra. After all where would the world be if there was no change.

Oh, well if you put it that way, we'll just change everything this server stands for just because you said so. We'll get right on that.

Again, we're not changing policies just for you. If you don't like it, GTFO.

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

Atraxi wrote:
jmal01 wrote:I second what arrowface said this server is boring!

Oh, well if you put it that way, we'll just change everything this server stands for just because you said so. We'll get right on that.

Again, we're not changing policies just for you. If you don't like it, GTFO.

:lol: I can't really comment as this is the only shard i've played since my mates got me on it 2yr ago and w/e u nerds think this shard is amazing the staff are excellent , i recently did try another shard ipy2 full of trammy's n carebears i think you guys would be suited there :)

jmal01

Post by jmal01 »

Thats the institutionalised response that anyone gets who question's this server.

Who's trying to play god now with a response like that just because you cant take criticism beacuse your server is centred around a boring era and needs changes then I say you GTFO.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

jmal01 wrote:Thats the institutionalised response that anyone gets who question's this server.

Who's trying to play god now with a response like that just because you cant take criticism beacuse your server is centred around a boring era and needs changes then I say you GTFO.
Why are you even here if you don't like it? Why should I have to GTFO of a server that I enjoy just the way it is so that you can bitch about it not being the way you like it? The entire reason that you say this server "needs to be changed" is because you can't handle it here. You should go to another server where they will do everything short of jerk you off just to get a higher population. If you don't like the way this server is run, go somewhere else. Don't come here and tell those of us who have been here for years that we're wrong because we happen to enjoy it.

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

Atraxi wrote:
jmal01 wrote:Thats the institutionalised response that anyone gets who question's this server.

Why are you even here if you don't like it? Why should I have to GTFO of a server that I enjoy just the way it is so that you can bitch about it not being the way you like it? The entire reason that you say this server "needs to be changed" is because you can't handle it here. You should go to another server where they will do everything short of jerk you off just to get a higher population. If you don't like the way this server is run, go somewhere else. Don't come here and tell those of us who have been here for years that we're wrong because we happen to enjoy it.
*Applauds* :arrow: Ipy2 for all your trammy needs carebears and more.

jmal01

Post by jmal01 »

OH I seem to have hit a chord here now now lads dont cry cos you know i'm right :)

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

jmal01 wrote:OH I seem to have hit a chord here now now lads dont cry cos you know i'm right :)
Apoc's suggestion is spot on:
Apoc wrote:Ipy2 for all your trammy needs carebears and more.
I'm shocked that IPY2 is still around, but yes, they would be perfect for noobs like you.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

This shard is great, warts and all. Player base is excellent in both quality and quantity. Staff is great too. Thanks everyone!