Swill Bag

Re: Killed in the center of my small?

Post by Swill Bag »

oooh wheres the video i wanna see

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Swill Bag wrote:oooh wheres the video i wanna see

I have it saved in my razor video folder. He posted it on forums but then deleted it, not sure if he didn't want other people seeing how to do it or if staff asked him to take it down.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

smart86

Post by smart86 »

This happened to a friend of mine. Also, his house was locked and a table barrier was definitely in place. Somehow they got past all of that and got looted his house.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Sure, now that you can get pwned in a small it's the end of the world. When people were complaining about eating chain/meteor/pots in our larger houses it was lol-tastic.

Has this been verified to be inaccurate, on both demo and live?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Rammar wrote:Sure, now that you can get pwned in a small it's the end of the world. When people were complaining about eating chain/meteor/pots in our larger houses it was lol-tastic.

Has this been verified to be inaccurate, on both demo and live?
No, this does not work on either the demo, nor on live servers.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

N-S get owned 2v2 in the OP loawl
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

This spot is secure to macro...viewtopic.php?f=74&t=41983

faber

Post by faber »

Staff should leave this in. It sickens me to see them trip over themselves to spot fix issues like this (ev's in large houses in the past) while leaving in the much larger issue of making castles, keeps, and towers simple trammel storage chests.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Staff should leave this in. I agree! I don't see anything wrong. All I see is two scribes being pwned 2v2.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

We used to house loot ppl by summoning a horse over their trash barrel, then mounting the horse to get in, seems like a similar mechanic.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Kabal you clever fuck, did that really work?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

son wrote:Kabal you clever fuck, did that really work?
If they don't got a barrier, yea it did ^.^

Edit: Yea I didn't realize it was not like that here. But i remember using this at some point when I played uo.

It was on a freeserver I know that. Sorry for the confusion my post made guys.
Last edited by Xandorf on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

Kabal wrote:We used to house loot ppl by summoning a horse over their trash barrel, then mounting the horse to get in, seems like a similar mechanic.
So even if I have a barrier in my small, it can easily be looted if you get in the front door?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

When you mount a horse on UOSA, the horse comes to your location, not the other way around, so no, that wouldn't work. Not on UOSA anyway.

Grim_Fandango

Post by Grim_Fandango »

Ok, I've been trying to follow the two threads on this subject and get my head wrapped around this exploit that allows home owners to both be killed inside their own home as well as have their house looted as well.

I guess a simple question could be proposed, how exactly does this exploit benefit the existing community as well as new members?

If you are an established member or simply prefer griefing houses, then this issue poses no threat to you. But if you are new to this server (like myself) or if you simply do not have the cash flow that some people here do, then this poses quite a threat.

Part of the joy of purchasing a house is to have a safe haven for your goods or place to go to do your own thing. What's the point of spending money on a house if someone can simply come along and loot everything that you've worked so hard to obtain? There's no benefit whatsoever, in fact, all it will do is push new members away and leave a dwindling community where everyone just hangs out at the bank due to boredom. If players want the exploit to stay in game, then it looks like we'll be enjoying a game where everyone simply loots houses and kills players with AOE spells... then they go back to sitting at the bank.