Killed in the center of my small?

Topics related to Second Age
Causa Mortis

Re: Killed in the center of my small?

Post by Causa Mortis »

Grim_Fandango wrote:Ok, I've been trying to follow the two threads on this subject and get my head wrapped around this exploit that allows home owners to both be killed inside their own home as well as have their house looted as well.

I guess a simple question could be proposed, how exactly does this exploit benefit the existing community as well as new members?

If you are an established member or simply prefer griefing houses, then this issue poses no threat to you. But if you are new to this server (like myself) or if you simply do not have the cash flow that some people here do, then this poses quite a threat.

Part of the joy of purchasing a house is to have a safe haven for your goods or place to go to do your own thing. What's the point of spending money on a house if someone can simply come along and loot everything that you've worked so hard to obtain? There's no benefit whatsoever, in fact, all it will do is push new members away and leave a dwindling community where everyone just hangs out at the bank due to boredom. If players want the exploit to stay in game, then it looks like we'll be enjoying a game where everyone simply loots houses and kills players with AOE spells... then they go back to sitting at the bank.
^ Well put
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

Grim_Fandango wrote:Ok, I've been trying to follow the two threads on this subject and get my head wrapped around this exploit that allows home owners to both be killed inside their own home as well as have their house looted as well.

I guess a simple question could be proposed, how exactly does this exploit benefit the existing community as well as new members?

If you are an established member or simply prefer griefing houses, then this issue poses no threat to you. But if you are new to this server (like myself) or if you simply do not have the cash flow that some people here do, then this poses quite a threat.

Part of the joy of purchasing a house is to have a safe haven for your goods or place to go to do your own thing. What's the point of spending money on a house if someone can simply come along and loot everything that you've worked so hard to obtain? There's no benefit whatsoever, in fact, all it will do is push new members away and leave a dwindling community where everyone just hangs out at the bank due to boredom. If players want the exploit to stay in game, then it looks like we'll be enjoying a game where everyone simply loots houses and kills players with AOE spells... then they go back to sitting at the bank.
Where does it say the house can now be looted as well? Are we talking about smalls? What if you have a table/trash can barrier set up?

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Rykker wrote: Where does it say the house can now be looted as well? Are we talking about smalls? What if you have a table/trash can barrier set up?
Cause some guy stated earlier that they used to be able to summon a horse on a trasbarrel and mount it to get past the barrier. You can't do that here tho.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I say leave it in, like the LOS bug. It's all for the lulz.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Houses cannot be looted from this bug. The only house looting you can do is to stealth into a house the traditional way.

This Summoning house kill bug will be fixed soon.

Don't fret.

Also, Swill Bag, Stop trying to house kill me, you have failed for 20 hours straight, its not gonna happen for you.

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

Rose wrote:Also, Swill Bag, Stop trying to house kill me, you have failed for 20 hours straight, its not gonna happen for you.
Omg, awesome. Found a new quote for me siggy ^.^
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

Faust

Post by Faust »

Teh LawL Firm wrote:Even though summoning daemons in a house is era accurate they will fix that before changing the LOS trick, which either way will be contradicting. I'm sure there will be a legit explanation for it tho. ;) If it's not changed then no place is safe to macro on this server which may drive new players away. As stated tho, It's not about the player base its about Era Accuracy...

I'm going to put this out there rather people on the forums or staff agrees or not, But with a new server emerging and a lot of people from uosa leaving to go there, giving them another reason like this wouldn't be smart for the population. I checked out the new server which I'm not going to name or link but there seems to be alot of people starting over there from here & one of the main reasons is the LOS trick.. Put your pride aside & Era accuracy and enforce a rule to make it bannable or jail time to do this. You can keep the mechanics on this server and keep it era accurate while enforcing a rule that keeps people from abusing it which I believe would have been fixed or punishable during the t2a era on osi if people actually figured out how to do this during that time frame. Although there may be other ways to do the LOS thing razor made it easily discoverable which razor did not exist on osi in t2a timelines. The daemon thing is a new bug but that just shows that the wall mechanics on houses, dungeons etc are messed up and should be looked at. You shouldn't be able to cast an ev, daemon or anything threw a wall, that's what walls are therefore to block stuff!

That said, this isn't a post to start an argument and is just an opinion. If someone has a reasonable argument to this please feel free to express your own opinion on the matter.
Rel Por will follow in Divinity's, Revelation, and IPY 1.0/2.0++ footsteps.

Please feel free to quote me on that no differently than when I said the same during each phase of those previous dead shards.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Rel Por....hahaha, isn't that where Matron plays now?
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Faust wrote: Rel Por will follow in Divinity's, Revelation, and IPY 1.0/2.0++ footsteps.

Please feel free to quote me on that no differently than when I said the same during each phase of those previous dead shards.
Not the server I was talking about, but probably. Someone said that the other server was being made to get peoples account info here if they use the same account password there as they do on secondage.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Don't see anything else coming close to even making an attempt to compete with Second Age. Revelation and IPY was the only "big thing" out there that ended up being a flop as predicted. Seen this Rel Por server floating around that is supposedly sucking up some of the IPY players but the shard looks more like a joke than IPY even and that is bad. Really does not matter what shards come and go the status quo of these shards compared to UOSA will persist forward just like it has for the past few years. Shard will come, and the shard shard will go. UO Second Age will remain.

Static version of the game based on one of the best eras is a stable and very enticing system. These custom versions of the era or game may be appearling when looking at it at face value but the concept is flawed and a complete failure from the start. These servers are constantly changing trying to improve the game losing player(s) faster than what can be replenished due to unwanted or bad changes. Where the static version of the game will continue to maintain the same stable concept that has helped it to survive this long.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Hybrid use to have an average of 1600+ players daily now they are on par with uosecondage, surprised you forgot that one. That's where uosa is getting most its players now that and ipy. UOR is now taking people from this server and with 90 to 100 @ beta and not even advertising till they go live is pretty impressive. However what makes people stay is staff, a server isn't good unless the staff is legit and hybrid , revelation, ipy, etc all screwed that up. That's one of the reasons why this server is so popular cause staff isn't corrupt. UOR will fail because the staff there isn't legit, take Telamon for example, he was banned here for certain reasons that break rules, so what's to keep him from doing the same as staff on UOR.

Oggog

Post by Oggog »

Teh LawL Firm wrote:Hybrid use to have an average of 1600+ players daily now they are on par with uosecondage, surprised you forgot that one. That's where uosa is getting most its players now that and ipy. UOR is now taking people from this server and with 90 to 100 @ beta and not even advertising till they go live is pretty impressive. However what makes people stay is staff, a server isn't good unless the staff is legit and hybrid , revelation, ipy, etc all screwed that up. That's one of the reasons why this server is so popular cause staff isn't corrupt. UOR will fail because the staff there isn't legit, take Telamon for example, he was banned here for certain reasons that break rules, so what's to keep him from doing the same as staff on UOR.

Agree with all of that. My main draw (among many) to this server was the no cash for pixels thing.. Staff not playing etc.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Teh LawL Firm wrote:
Faust wrote: Rel Por will follow in Divinity's, Revelation, and IPY 1.0/2.0++ footsteps.

Not the server I was talking about, but probably. Someone said that the other server was being made to get peoples account info here if they use the same account password there as they do on secondage.
Braden said he would recommend against using identical credentials as a safety precation, not that it was actually being done. Also, the presumption is preposterous.

As to the staff here not being corrupt, I'm not sure why Nevermore is no longer around but I have my suspicions just like many do about Telamon. You can assume all you like and we can all play guessing games, but corruption happens and how staff handles inappropriate activity varies like the weather. LawL, you have no relevant data regarding if/why anyone was banned, so you may want to save it for your sewing circle.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Misti Autumns

Post by Misti Autumns »

Telamon was banned for posting a guide on how to use razor and a few scribe characters to make massive amounts of gold while being 90% afk. All Telamon does is provide hosting for the new shard.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

While it's fine to hold and discuss opinions among yourselves as to why any player accounts are banned, please keep the discussions out of the forums.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org