About the crashes last night.

Topics related to Second Age
Derrick

About the crashes last night.

Post by Derrick »

The crashes last night were caused by some code I put on the server to create random Orc and Ratman Camp spawns in the northern teritories. The code wasn't working correctly and although I thought I'd disabled it before I left for the night I hadn't and it caused crashes every thrity minutes until I got it fixed this morning.

I know this was extremely frustrating for the players. In the future all untested code will be fully evaluated on a test server before being published to our live server.

There are still many features planned for Second Age and player feedback is essential to the success of this server. I want to thank everyone for sticking it out. I believe that we can make this the best and most accurate free T2A shard there has ever been.

If any players that were on during the trouble lost any equiptment due to the crashes please send me a PM or in-game page and I'll do my best to make it right.
Last edited by Derrick on Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blakheart

crashes

Post by Blakheart »

Hey you were trying to add content!! No need to apologize for crashes, the effort and time are appreciated.

I think I did lose one of my deathrobes though.

muahahahhaha!

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Happens on any server, no worries.
-Rapunzel-