Disneyland (Feel like you're IN the world!)

Topics related to Second Age
Klavis Verge

Disneyland (Feel like you're IN the world!)

Post by Klavis Verge »

I was tweaking for performance and not expecting to get Disneyland, but, I have ColoredLighting=off, GamePlayWindowSize=800x600, GDIFullScreen=on, HdUsage=Max, PageFlip=off, FullScreen=on, FullScreenRes=1280x1024

Now, some things to remember...if default desktop is enabled in your options gump in the game, then the game looks to the uo.cfg in the ultima online directory....whereas if default desktop is unchecked it looks to the folder for your account stored in ultima online\desktop\<account name>\secondage\<character name>

^ correct me if I'm wrong on that

For example, this pic is on a large LCD with the Windows resolution set to 1280x1040. Always make sure your computer resolution is set high before starting the game in high res. Also to note, I am running 16 bit colors and getting these effects, someone needs to see if there's noticeable difference in true color.

Secondly, you have to put the FullScreenRes= in the uo.cfg AFTER you set your options in the options button in the game cuz going back into options in the game and doing changes will set you back to 1024 resolution (important).

So...assuming you've done everything right, it will look like the attached screenshot. Notice how huge the room looks and the detail in the bedroll as well as the cloak. The cobblestone streets are a good example as well. Animations are smooth when forcing Directx, and I've got directx 11 installed on this machine. The fluid animation reminds you of a Disney movie.
Attachments
Big room
Big room
Fluid.png (154.97 KiB) Viewed 3128 times
IF YOUR MONITOR SUPPORTS 1280X1024 then JOIN THE ELITE EXPERIENCE viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42397

Klavis Verge

Re: Disneyland (Feel like you're IN the world!)

Post by Klavis Verge »

Here's the UOSS on uo.cfg
Attachments
Disneyland code
Disneyland code
Disneyland.png (222.87 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
IF YOUR MONITOR SUPPORTS 1280X1024 then JOIN THE ELITE EXPERIENCE viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42397

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Maybe a larger screenshot could show me what I'm missing? I don't see a difference.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Wonko the Sane wrote:Maybe a larger screenshot could show me what I'm missing? I don't see a difference.
Same. This is how my computer already looks with default settings. Unless there's something I'm totally overlooking
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Could you possibly upload a short video demonstrating what you have achieved?
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

Last visited:Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Maybe hes lost in Disneyland ?