Jewelry NPC

Topics related to Second Age
HoneyBadger

Jewelry NPC

Post by HoneyBadger »

He won't buy my jewelry loot anymore. What's the deal? I have about 30-40 jewels from hunting that I would like to sell.

Pirul

Re: Jewelry NPC

Post by Pirul »

<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

HoneyBadger

Post by HoneyBadger »

Ok well that sucks. Just because it's era accurate doesn't mean it's a good change. I think era accurate shouldn't be such a literal phrase.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

What I don't know is if we have any idea what this vendor purse size should be. Like stable slots, I don't really follow how a limit is determined, nor the process for updating the limit.

Martina8

Post by Martina8 »

HoneyBadger wrote:He won't buy my jewelry loot anymore. What's the deal? I have about 30-40 jewels from hunting that I would like to sell.
Do sloping adjacent tiles block house placement?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Martina8 wrote:
HoneyBadger wrote:He won't buy my jewelry loot anymore. What's the deal? I have about 30-40 jewels from hunting that I would like to sell.
Spambots are getting smart.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Rammar wrote:
Martina8 wrote:

WTF!? lol

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Jewelry stores periodically restock their gold. Sometimes I can sell up to around 1.5k worth of gems. You just gotta try them repeatedly and eventually you'll be able to sell your jewels.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

FYI: Ill buy all gems at a 15% discount of what an NPC will pay. Yes, you get less money, but I won't run out of gold and you don't have to recall around.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

keelonzo wrote:
Rammar wrote:
Martina8 wrote:

WTF!? lol

I was WTF'ing the "sloping adjacent tiles question" at random, and am curious what a "spambot" is.......

(FWIW provisioners will also purchase gems)

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

Jewelry NPCs do not carry a lot of gold, and can only buy a few jewels at a time. You will have a lot better luck recalling around to provisoner shops and selling your jewels there.
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Grifty McGrift wrote:Jewelry NPCs do not carry a lot of gold, and can only buy a few jewels at a time. You will have a lot better luck recalling around to provisoner shops and selling your jewels there.
this.

The only time I even bother with the jewelry shop vendors is in Britain since both are next to the provisioners

Mykos

Post by Mykos »

I have had success at "forcing" vendors to buy even when they initially say they don't want to.

If they will not buy, I just do a quick vendor buy, don't buy anything, just close his/her shop window. Then start selling. Never had this fail, but most I have sold is about 1300 gold worth.
Mykos
House Master
House of Oor'Tael

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

keelonzo wrote:
Rammar wrote:
Martina8 wrote:
WTF!? lol
Guess i was the only one to notice that "Martina8" quoted someone here, added semi-hidden spam links in their text, then pretended to reply with a completely random quote from someone else in another thread.. Good an corp though. lol

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Mykos wrote:I have had success at "forcing" vendors to buy even when they initially say they don't want to.

If they will not buy, I just do a quick vendor buy, don't buy anything, just close his/her shop window. Then start selling. Never had this fail, but most I have sold is about 1300 gold worth.
This works for all of the vendors that I've dealt with so far. Sometimes they will even buy from me initially, then stop buying, until I say vendor buy and re-try selling.