New to Second Age

Topics related to Second Age
Evil Shenanigans

New to Second Age

Post by Evil Shenanigans »

Hi everyone.

I just recently got back on UO.. I played on another free shard for less than a week before realizing I didn't want to waste my time on shards that have shit staff, immature players, and no PVM. So here I am... hoping that this shard will be my new home.

I am a bard tamer and would really love it if any tamers out there can take me under their wing and sort of show me the ropes.

I have aim, icq, msn, vent.. you name it! Let's be friends ;D
Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun.. which makes them not shenanigans at all really.

Maahes

Re: New to Second Age

Post by Maahes »

Heya Evil Shenanigans!
Welcome to old school UO :p
Hope you're enjoying yourself and finding some friends, feel free to ask any staff if you have any questions or concerns.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Evil Shenanigans wrote:Hi everyone.

I just recently got back on UO.. I played on another free shard for less than a week before realizing I didn't want to waste my time on shards that have shit staff, immature players, and no PVM. So here I am... hoping that this shard will be my new home.

I am a bard tamer and would really love it if any tamers out there can take me under their wing and sort of show me the ropes.

I have aim, icq, msn, vent.. you name it! Let's be friends ;D
lol was the shard hybrid? i am just wondering *laughs*

it's a pretty chill shard. =) so fun sometimes

rouss

Post by rouss »

Hey Evil Shenanigans!

Have fun :wink:
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Welcome

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Evil Shenanigans

Woah! A staff member that doesn't mind doing his job on a shard?? UNHEARD OF!! :D

I did play on Hybrid for quite some time. There were haters, but they were easy to ignore because I had friends to keep me distracted.

The shard I was just on for a week was called Defiance. (TOTALLY NOT ADVERTISING) That shard is a like licking a bums foot. Everyone is mean to you if you're new. The average age of player is 15. The staff are horrid. AND it's European, so no one is on during my time. Did I say enough to make you never go there? haha

Anyways.. thanks for the welcomes. Taking 2 seconds out of your day to say welcome is all it takes to make a new player stay! ;)

I put my AIM, ICQ, and MSN info in my profile!!
Last edited by Evil Shenanigans on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun.. which makes them not shenanigans at all really.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Well there was a reason DFI:T2A only lasted a month until it had an average of 10 clients down from an average of 500+ from the start... :wink:

Evil Shenanigans

Faust wrote:Well there was a reason DFI:T2A only lasted a month until it had an average of 10 clients down from an average of 500+ from the start... :wink:
muahahaha good. :P

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Well you cant lump us in with those martians...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8VlLn7P2LU

Pat

Post by Pat »

Shenanigans!

Downs

Post by Downs »

Welcome. Check this out for info on taming:

Mikel's Guide to Taming
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Evil Shenanigans

Downs wrote:Welcome. Check this out for info on taming:

Mikel's Guide to Taming
That's going to be really helpful. Thank you :)

Quick newb question: Do skills get harder to gain the closer you get to 7x on this shard?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Welcome to Second Age!
Evil Shenanigans wrote:Quick newb question: Do skills get harder to gain the closer you get to 7x on this shard?
No there is no correlation between your skill total and gain, only your level in that particular skill. Also skills marked down will always drop with a gain, 700 or not, which is incorrect but presently does guaranty that the cap does not slow gain. We will be fixing this eventually so that skills only atrophy naturally or with a gain if marked down, there will still be no restraint on gaining at cap.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Evil Shenanigans

Derrick wrote:Welcome to Second Age!
Evil Shenanigans wrote:Quick newb question: Do skills get harder to gain the closer you get to 7x on this shard?
No there is no correlation between your skill total and gain, only your level in that particular skill. Also skills marked down will always drop with a gain, 700 or not, which is incorrect but presently does guaranty that the cap does not slow gain. We will be fixing this eventually so that skills only atrophy naturally or with a gain if marked down, there will still be no restraint on gaining at cap.
Awesome! Thanks.

I can't wait to macro music as my first still instead of doing all the hard skills first.

timme

Post by timme »

Welcome. Remember that you don't need to GM everything before you can start having fun.