Razor Auto Sort loot macro 2.0

Topics related to Second Age
Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Razor Auto Sort loot macro 2.0

Post by Aeris »

Everything in my house is in bags or chests (no items sitting on floors), and my guy is in a resurrection robe :) Also, the only container that has been opened since client launch is the bag of what I want to sort. I did what you said, and tested what it was trying to steal and just took a step toward my organizer hotbags and it stole the same item it already ID'd, so I'm 100% sure it's this.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

Not sure the issue, but I reverted to using the 1.0 version if you will. That one still works. So I think the issue is with setting the last target. Somehow it still sees it even though it has been sorted.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I spoke with a dev for Razor, they said this was intentional to keep people from fully automating things. He mentioned if people wanted to auto sort loot, to stick with EasyUO, that they aren't trying to "recreate the wheel" with Razor.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

I don't know if you ever got it working dude but I looked at your macro. What you have is an aborted try. Your macro looks something like this:

Exec: Set Last Target
Target [Something]
If (last target was set)
ID Item
Look for attributes
Sort to proper bin
End If
repeat, etc...ad nauseum

My sorter works differently than yours, I just put stuff into either sell or keep bins then have my main char ID the keep stuff with a wand (which is the only thing I actually sort into its own bin). I only use one organizer agent too and just keep setting the bin ID, and if it is full I move to the next one (I got 15).

Anyhow, it looks like you need an ELSE in there to catch the failed target, ie:
Target [Something]
If (last target was set)
ID Item
Look for attributes
Sort to proper bin
ELSE
EXEC: CANCEL CURRENT TARGET
End If
repeat, etc...ad nauseum

I think that will probably do the trick for you.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

ReptilianLover wrote:I don't know if you ever got it working dude but I looked at your macro. What you have is an aborted try. Your macro looks something like this:

Target [Something]
If (last target was set)
ID Item
Look for attributes
Sort to proper bin
End If
repeat, etc...ad nauseum

My sorter works differently than yours, I just put stuff into either sell or keep bins then have my main char ID the keep stuff with a wand (which is the only thing I actually sort into its own bin). I only use one organizer agent too and just keep setting the bin ID, and if it is full I move to the next one (I got 15).

Anyhow, it looks like you need an ELSE in there to catch the failed target, ie:
Target [Something]
If (last target was set)
ID Item
Look for attributes
Sort to proper bin
ELSE
EXEC: CANCEL CURRENT TARGET
End If
repeat, etc...ad nauseum

I think that will probably do the trick for you.
Not sure if this was responding to me, but I don't recall posting any info about my macro, so I assume not.

The problem with razor's target mechanism is it doesn't limit setting the target to within a two tile radius of where you stand; you can always set last target in razor, even if things are so far away you can't even see them on your screen (the clients loads objects like 5-10 tiles off screen even though they aren't visible yet).

The problem was with trying to steal the object that you had already ID'd. Since the sort bins were two tiles away, it helped save you from stealing items you already ID'd by giving you the "too far away message." However, if that hangs on that item indefinitely, then you'll never sort anything. So, what I did was I reverted my Razor version to the one I had downloaded when I first started here (still had the setup file). It's version 1.0.12.15, from around February 2013. I think since then, Razor has updated the way it targets items by type. Where it used to be completely random each attempt, now it creates some sort of order, so you always end up targeting the first item in the list. Since I like some benefits of the new razor, I installed the older version on a second windows account, and I made a shortcut to "run as" that account. So far I haven't noticed any problems (been using it more than 2 months now) with versions interfering with each other. The only thing I noticed was that you can't resize the screen in the older version. I don't know why, but for me this is a rather minor problem, so it is just always 800x600 for me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

I turned off "Queue Last Target" and clear the last target on failure.

My feeling was that I was flooding the target queue with failed attempts. I also like to clear the target on failure a) because it's cleaner, and, b) so I can target my chests to see how many things I have saved etc without changing the target and blowing the macro.

I could be wrong but I don't think it ever gets stuck on a single item like you describe...

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Aeris wrote:Everything in my house is in bags or chests (no items sitting on floors), and my guy is in a resurrection robe :) Also, the only container that has been opened since client launch is the bag of what I want to sort. I did what you said, and tested what it was trying to steal and just took a step toward my organizer hotbags and it stole the same item it already ID'd, so I'm 100% sure it's this.
I killed you today while sorting.

Point 1 from quote: lie, there were items on the ground

Point 2 from quote: lie, that dude had sandals and clothes on... the only res robe will be granted when you res
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

I do try to steal items i have put in the ID'd bins, but I also catch the failure there by setting the target radius to 1 and looking for the message telling me it's out of range and so the target was not executed. Does your client not even see the stuff you have sorted?

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

ReptilianLover wrote:I turned off "Queue Last Target" and clear the last target on failure.

My feeling was that I was flooding the target queue with failed attempts. I also like to clear the target on failure a) because it's cleaner, and, b) so I can target my chests to see how many things I have saved etc without changing the target and blowing the macro.

I could be wrong but I don't think it ever gets stuck on a single item like you describe...
It's probably a good idea. I just looked, and my "Queue last target" is indeed checked, and I also don't clear last target on failure, so I could give those a try. I assumed the "Set last target" command would automatically mean the previous last target gets cleared.

The macro has been running smooth for about 2 months now, since I reverted, so while I will give this a try, if I see something weird going on, I'm not going to spend too much time on it, I'll just go back to my working method :) Also, I don't think "queue last target" queues failed attempts (perhaps it does with new version of razor?), so I don't think it will really make a difference for me, but it does seem like it would feel "cleaner" as you say. I say this because it sorted all the other item types before coming back to this item that gave it the "too far away" message, so I doubt it would be due to target queues holding it and waiting for that item type to be attempted again and then re-targeting the same item.

Also, if I want to check a chest, I just hit the "Esc" key, which cancels the target. I don't really need to do it very often, so I never bothered adding in a cancel current target line. Would only take a few seconds though so maybe I'll do it just to be clean ;)
Capitalist wrote:
Aeris wrote:Everything in my house is in bags or chests (no items sitting on floors), and my guy is in a resurrection robe :) Also, the only container that has been opened since client launch is the bag of what I want to sort. I did what you said, and tested what it was trying to steal and just took a step toward my organizer hotbags and it stole the same item it already ID'd, so I'm 100% sure it's this.
I killed you today while sorting.

Point 1 from quote: lie, there were items on the ground

Point 2 from quote: lie, that dude had sandals and clothes on... the only res robe will be granted when you res
Hahaha thanks for the kill :D Luckily, my sort macro doesn't include sorting resurrection robes or sandals since, as far as I know, magic robes and magic sandals don't exist, and certainly don't spawn in treasure map or dungeon chests. I only sort magic stuff, stuff from tmapping or lockpicking. I can safely say you will not find any item type that could potentially spawn in those treasure chests sitting freely outside of a container in my tower :) I will miss those 1837 hue sandals though :'( Also I JUST checked my journal, and right before it said "You are dead" it said "a necklace of spell reflection (287 charges)" D; and I don't see it in my spell reflect box :( You definitely landed your killing blow in the 1 second between Skill ID target and Organizer agent :(
ReptilianLover wrote:I do try to steal items i have put in the ID'd bins, but I also catch the failure there by setting the target radius to 1 and looking for the message telling me it's out of range and so the target was not executed. Does your client not even see the stuff you have sorted?
Now that I've installed a reverted version, it does indeed forget items in unopened chests greater than or equal to 2 tiles away, however it can take a few minutes. It doesn't quite work for me as Downs wrote it should, in that resynchronizing/recounting and then taking a step onto a non-locked down footstool does NOT "forget" the items systematically. My macro is cascaded, since I found it much easier to edit, so I built it that way. It's 112 files, all linked together, one for each type of item that can spawn inside treasure/dungeon chests, minus rings & masks (I like to do those manually). This helps because I can loop a single item type until I get the "too far away" message (or the "out of range" or "cannot be seen" or whatever other message is possible, I forget how many there are), then it will move onto the next item, and loop that one until one of those messages appears. Usually with >10 bags full of stuff to sort, it will take a few hours to loop back around, and by then, my client has most certainly "forgotten" the item it got the "too far away" message on last time around. This was not the case for me with the updated Razor, hence, the reason I installed a reverted version.

Near the end, it loops through rather rapidly, so the final 30% of items can take as much time to sort as the first 70%, due to there being fewer of each item type available, therefore increasing the chances of re-targeting an already sorted item. That's why I usually don't take sorting orders of less than 10 (and preferably 20-30) bags.

/next

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

Yeah I tried the cascading thing too because mine is generated through script "templates". It is a semi-automated process since I "was" a developer for years (although now I am not). I ended up doing it cascaded by item type because initially my single item macros called a "crap" "keep" or "identification" macro (I only use one organizer agent and keep setting the target chest id) but when I took the endeavor I had the queue last target checked and was getting the single item fail repeatedly. Since I changed back to cascading item types I changed the code templates and options many times until I can finally make it through. The huge list of macros also bothered me, making it difficult to find stuff because the "sorting" directory had so many frigging macros in it.

I suppose I could someday put a front end to it and release it to the wild but that would kill your business :).

As long as I got my method I will keep it to myself and let the lazy people suffer...

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

Automating the sorting doubles the time at least because of the steal delay. I used to do it manually and could get through a 125 item chest in 25 minutes or so. Now it takes me around 45-50 minutes. But I dont mind since I can be doing stuff all that time. The end kills me though looping through all the fails. I usually end up keeping some stuff in there and just refill the chests. The problem is getting rid of the crap (I have a restock agent with all the ids in it too) but selling all at once is not really possible...

My process is fairly simple. I got one organize agent to oull out gold/regs/gems, one for scrolls, and one for putting items into sort bins and crap/keep/identification script. I also use one restock agent to pull crap to sell...

3 organize agents. 1 restock agent. Makes the pricess of tmapping/sos viable...

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Hahaha, yeah, it's not much of a business I assure you :) 5k per 125 items is already not worth my time (used to charge 3k as an incentive period to get going), and any more than that isn't worth the customer's for some reason. I thought it was fairly reasonable, since most people go 50/50 on the final keepable items, you're almost guaranteed more than 10k just across 2-3 items in a 125 item container, so I didn't think 5k was too bad. I've had about 5 customers in 6 months though ;) I did it more out of guilt of all the poor souls sorting by hand than to make a profit.

The huge list is definitely annoying, especially when searching through hotkeys to try to bind one (in macros, you can create a folder hierarchy as I'm sure you know, so there it's not bothersome). Sort folder files are divided by category and also numbered since I prefer it to alphabetical. Another reason reverting made life easier: it uses a different macro/profile folder xD So I keep the sort files there and don't even have to deal with the 112 macros being in my list during normal UO life.

One tip, for "crap" I would just place a trash barrel 2 tiles away and link your hotbag to that. No need to sort out the trash after, it just gets deleted. I use eight organizer agents in total, but technically, you only need one. I don't know why, I just started that way and never changed it.

Org-1 - Weapons
Org-2 - Armour & Shields
Org-3 - Wands & Gnarled staff
Org-4 - Magic clothing
Org-5 - Magic jewelry

These five can easily (and maybe even recommended) be consolidated into a single agent. I probably built it this way in the beginning when I was building it to make it easier to check by category if I was missing any items from the list, but I can't remember for sure why. Can't be bothered to consolidate them as it works fine, and it's even useful once in a while for separating loot by category pre-sort if desired.

Org-8 - General Trash (trash barrel)
Org-9 - Leather trash (set to a bag within a locked down bag; it gets switched out and hotbag reassigned when it is full)
Org-10 - Iron trash (again, set to a bag within a locked down bag; also switched out when full)

These three I think are advantageous to keep separate for a couple reasons. First of all, I always move my trash barrel around my house, so replacing the trash barrel and then resetting the hotbag manually once within razor is much easier than opening all the 112 files and finding all "trash" lines and changing them all to the new item absolute target. Secondly, when the leather or iron trash is full, it calls a bag switch macro, that drags the full bag out, and drags a new bag in, and then sets the new organizer hotbag to it. Leaving these two semi-constant makes the main scripts much less complicated (if you are interested in keeping leather and metal, otherwise just trash barrel it). So these three I like to leave separate from the agent that you are constantly changing the hotbag of.

Another note, I'm not sure how your "keep" organize action is triggered, but it shouldn't be too much work to be able to separate it even more into each category (i.e. spell reflect, vanq, invul, invis, whatever) it's a one time setup if you never change the containers. But if you're happy the way you're doing it, I wouldn't bother.

I'd say feel free to post your script here, this isn't really a market that's waiting to crash at the first sight of public knowledge :) Might drive magic item prices down and make dungeon chests competitive again, though ;) I'd be interested in looking through it to see if I could improve on mine. I'll do a few small fixes on mine then post it as well.

/next

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

Yeah I can post it. No prob. Like I say, the "magic" behind my method is not the macro it's how I am able to regen the entire set within minutes (I am too lazy to automate the item type id replacement and the call next macro line at the bottom). Remember, my sort macros are generated by scripts that insert code from generated file "templates". So when i want to change what i look for or how I do it I just regen everything. What I currently look for is armor: hard+, weapons: force+/daemon/thunder/ghoul, wands (plus gnarled staff): of ident, clothes/jewelry: invis/tele/reflect.

My crap macro just puts stuff into bins to sell. I am too cheap to trash anything. I make about 5+k per 125 bin.

Both my "crap" and "keep" macros essentially are this:
// keep OR crap example
set hotbag for organizer agent 1 (1st of n box ids)
exec organizer agent 1
If sysmsg container full
set hotbag for organizer agent 1 (2nf of n box ids)
exec organizer agent 1
end if
end if

I nest the container ids (i store them in a data file along withall the type ids etc and loop through in the generation script)

I have 15 sort bins
15 crap bins
3 keep bins
1 identification bin
1gold/reg/gem bin
1 scroll bin

That is all

You can use MySQL Access Excel anything that you can get a connection to when generating the scripts. I mark each item with "keep" or "crap" and define the attributes I look for in the sort macro. I essentially call "keep" when i find an attribute, then call crap. As stated previously, I do have a special handler in the template files defined as ##Identification.

I generate the actions: keep/crap/identification
I generate the template scripts for each item (right now all swords go imtp swords macro all plate into plate Etc)
Then i do the template substitution (ie insert ##keep generated code where template says ##keep etc).
Then I go in and replace the @@ItemID by hand just because I havent automated that yet but the scripts generates a comment that has that info like // Item type-Item Id-Item name-keep attributes...for each item.
I also am too lazy to automate the next macro to call so that is manual...lol

The macro itself is generally the same as everyone elses:
Set last target ype
steal last target type
identify stolen item
(for each keeper attribute defined) if attribute->call keep
call crap

continue ad nauseum

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

Btw Aeris. If you dont mind my asking. Why "switch out" leather/iron bags? Seems like a huge hassle. Why not just turn it into leather/ingots right then/there and throw into a single locked down chest?

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

ID char doesn't have mining or tailoring or that'd work great, hehe. The only inconvenience was coding it, and that's over with :)

/next