bagball skills

Topics related to Second Age
morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

bagball skills

Post by morgan1109 »

So I got my first taste of bagball the other day and liked it quite a bit. I also got yelled at so I apparently suck, heh heh. I hope to pose a few questions about mechanics and tactics so I can be a valuable teammate.

Mechanics:
1. Can the bagball go in the backpack? Is this how the bagball disappears for a few moments from the playing floor? Or does it disappear for everyone as soon as I start dragging it?

2. Sort of working off of question one, can scavenger pick up the bag ball and drop it in your backpack? Basically what tools and tricks can you use to improve performance? Does Razor provide any sort of benefit in Bagball?

3. I understand ctrl/shift in tight groups helps you spot the bagball. Is this the best way to spot when and where it is dropped? A lot of players get in the way, so I can’t actually see the ball most of the time using ctrl/shft.

4. I assume you can only see place it one tile away, but sometimes it seems like two.

5. Can you actually take a one step with bag ball in hand if you have full stamina? Basically can I use red pots to improve performance?

6. Can I create my own bagball to practice? Do I just fill a bag with 400 stones of stuff? Does the bag ball actually have a specific weight I should be shooting for? I want to get my dragging and dropping technique down. Theoretically I should be able to do this well after running a drag miner my first few months here, heh heh.

Techniques:
1. When I played I was mostly trying to block the opponents to help ensure a lane was open for passing if we had it, or the lane was blocked if they had it. Is this not an accepted practice? It seemed to help, but as I said it was not well received, LOL.

2. A better approach to me would seem be to spread people out. That way once you get control of the ball you can pass it down several tiles before the other team can react. While blocking pass lanes to direct the ball to a specific spot (where teammates can intercept) is good. Being able to move it quickly up or down the field would seem to be an effective method of getting it out of danger and into the goal.

3. Anything that seems very simple on the surface, can have a great deal of complexity in the details. I’m trying to figure out what those details are so I can be ready for them. Any details of note, tips, tricks, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

HardCore

Re: bagball skills

Post by HardCore »

This is how you play.... Yar!

The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

morgan1109 wrote:So I got my first taste of bagball the other day and liked it quite a bit
i like the taste of bag balls too

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Missy B wrote:
morgan1109 wrote:So I got my first taste of bagball the other day and liked it quite a bit
i like the taste of bag balls too
youre welcome