Town killed, looted and griefed.

Topics related to Second Age
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Town killed, looted and griefed.

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You have infinite lives here...derp
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:You have infinite lives here...derp

Stop being a sissy and fight Hazy in your 1v1 challenge.

#NOBALLS
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Menkaure wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:You have infinite lives here...derp

Stop being a sissy and fight Hazy in your 1v1 challenge.

#NOBALLS
I am not playing that game of tag runaround bullcrap. I was sitting there for hours so he can pm me the when and where he tells me he is not going to wait around for posts...then floods the forums after I put him on ignore.

Yeah... anyway. If I find him on the field so be it. I been lazy lately so just been relaxing. We all know he didn't want to, let's be completely honest. I am leaving it there, not worth further discussion.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Lol, Archaiac come on dude.

Ill make this short and sweet, one day, one RANDOM time you said "Im here where are you?"
Even though the time/place was never set. Then, after a couple of hours (like literally 2 hours if that) you were like "SEE I TRIED TO FIGHT HIM HE DODGED OMG" Then when Hazy actually saw your silly post he responded, and asked again for you to set a date time, to which you dodged every message after that. I have no issue with smack talk, but I do have issues when people talk an insane amount of crap and wont even try to back it up by fighting. Instead, you try to spin stories to make it look like you "tried" to fight him.

And archaic, no one even knows what character you play on, nor do you ever field, you said so yourself, you watch people fight, but you never really fought, so you wont "see him when you see him."

Maybe one day someone other than yourself will see one of your self proclaimed genius templates, I know Im intrigued to see one. Until then, keep on dodgin.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Menkaure wrote:Taboo, did you quit?
No. I just got called expletives 5 million times, told that I am bad at UO, and that i should delete all my chars, but i didnt quit. :roll:

However, I am a vet and I already know what to expect.

Most people coming to this server are surprised by how cruel and mean people are here, as if its cool to be hateful on a video game. They clearly often aren't particularly thrilled to continue.

For the record, you'll find that I am always seem to find myself coming to the defense of newer members who are being harassed by evil players telling them to delete their chars and quit. Even behind the scenes. Perhaps Vega should ask his friend Dyne.

This game is old and the people playing here grief by exploiting bugs, are hateful, and call others various expletive names, ....but why is the player population low?

Because people have Xbox Ones and more modern computer games that just so happen to be monitored against that type of behavior.

Um... Hmmm..... everybody is hateful on this random place i found on the internet.... and its a video game.
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (9.92 KiB) Viewed 2918 times
Last edited by Kaivan on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Don't post this type of language, even as an example.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

R.I.P Taboo! You'll be missed!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Today's generation are such pussies to be honest.
Man, if you quit uo back in the day cuz you got griefed people would laugh at you, just like they do here... Now that's era accuracy.
Face it old school uo'ers are just motherfuckers. Me and my brother played 97-2001ish and we've played prolly 10 other mmos since. We used to always laugh how funny it was that some people would complain about being griefed on other game n it wasn't even close to old uo.
Darkfall was the closest community to uo, and the reason they were so evil is cuz it was mostly old school uo vets that played, lol. That games population is dying too. The reason? Cause this generation is a care Bear generation. They don't want to be pkd, they don't want to be looted, they don't want to be scammed, they don't even want the chance or risk, and so my friends we are obviously a very rare Breed. But, this server could still come back, and its not really the community holding it back. Someone just quit because they got griefed macroing IN TOWN. What's that tell you? Maybe if we had pvm events and reasons to come outside of town. Maybe if we had pvp events too where after the event was over it was all out war (bring those days back!). However there's no pleasing the people crying about being griefed cause this era isn't for them. But maybe the people who loved events and such... Maybe you can still bring them back.

No ill never give up trying to get events back.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

One of my very first UO memories came before the house security patch. We stole a dude's tower key as he was milling around his place. We then immediately ran in and locked him out. Of course, being a responsible homeowner he had kept his spare safe in the bank. He recalled, grabbed the spare and then returned...only to have it promptly stolen as well. Back then that was game over. We earned ourselves one free tower.

He told us some story about how he was terminal and playing Uo from the hospital. We laughed. Then he called a GM and we proceded to laugh in both their faces.

The mechanics allow for griefing and so grief on I say. The real risk and social aspects are what makes the game fantastically amusing.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

My first experience with UO grief was being blown up by a tinker trap in Britain. Also had my first experience with a nice player right after that.

A few weeks later, another random and of kindness befell me. Ran into someone who was quitting and they gave me their house and everything in their bank box.

A day or so later, through my own n00bish fault, that house got looted.

Every time I played UO it was a random experience involving either kindness or evil. The evil never bothered me because it was just the way the game was. None of the bad things ever made me quit.

I even embraced said evil from time to time. I wrote about it in another thread, but I'll relay the tale again. I griefed a RL friend of mine while he was playing UO for the first time. He'd made a char on my account and I let him spend several hours earning his first pile of gold, getting some basic equipment. Told him about a tower full of "helpful" players at the Britain Crossroads. Said "If they're home, just run into their tower and tell them you're new. They'll give you stuff".

He did just that, but instead of being showered with donations he got a face full of "Corp Por" and dry looted of everything he'd just spent the past few hours getting.

Know what his response was? "This game is awesome!". Went on to get his own account and became quite the successful UO player until he got bored and quit.

Playing in an open sandbox environment does take someone who doesn't let other players get too far under their skin. It isn't for people who want to play where they'll just be left alone to their own devices. Blame it on the rose colored nostalgia glasses, but today's MMO's don't stack up to what old school UO was. Instead of actually being virtual worlds, they're game lobbies disguised as worlds. Lipstick wearing pigs.

Oh, and as far as crap-tastic in game attitudes go.. I saw far more horrid behavior in UO once the land of no consequences came to be (Trammel). Spending just a little while in a Trammel dungeon was an experience I'll never forget. A bunch of trash-talking pansies who now didn't have to worry about someone like me putting a war-fork up their ass.

For Menk:

My sources found a picture of the OP during home exercise routines. Will probably blame it on the ball.

Last edited by Vhyx on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Malaikat wrote:One of my very first UO memories came before the house security patch. We stole a dude's tower key as he was milling around his place. We then immediately ran in and locked him out. Of course, being a responsible homeowner he had kept his spare safe in the bank. He recalled, grabbed the spare and then returned...only to have it promptly stolen as well. Back then that was game over. We earned ourselves one free tower.

He told us some story about how he was terminal and playing Uo from the hospital. We laughed. Then he called a GM and we proceded to laugh in both their faces.

The mechanics allow for griefing and so grief on I say. The real risk and social aspects are what makes the game fantastically amusing.

Reading this gave me euphoria. First house me and my bro ever owned was a patio that we killed the guy who had the key. We open the door and to our surprise the spare was in a chest. Free house. Man those were the days.
We used to pk at the bridge between Brit n trinsic. We'd hide 2 guys at the entrance steps of the bridge and one in the middle, someone walks through us and then bam gank fest. There is a fantastic story about a guy who got mad at us after killing his mule he came back with a dragon to kill us only having the dragon turn on him n his guildies n us laughing our ass off. Man that was an unbelievable time.

Edit:
Lol thanks vhyx!

Just read your entire post after I put my kids to bed and I couldn't have said it better myself vhyx, all very true.

As for your trammel encounter... I still remember my last day on UO, I was so bored trying to find a fight in fel that I decided to go to lich lords in trammel. There were a ridiculous amount of people there and it was a race to kill liches. Anyway, after stealing some liches nerds started talking shit so I invited them to come to fel, to which of course they just said "lol newb" to a guy who's been playing since the get go. After putting them in their place verbally and then blocking the one dexxer so he died (even though the other losers resd him immediately) I recalled and went back to fel. I walked to xroads one last time, which is where I always lived and went to my house, changed the sign to "RIP UO, Thanks for the memories" and I logged out. I didnt return until after shadowbane died in 2009 and I found this shard. I still have great memories of old uo, and I know no game will ever come close to those first couple years of playing, but, I remain hopeful one day a came will come out like it. I will never understand why people prefer games like wow over games like this, but, maybe I'm just different.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Chill KaureBear and Find Krishna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT9FCcwZyKM

Mcreedy
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mcreedy »

My first UO pk experience was on Great Lakes in '97 I walked out of Trinsic and a guy named Ashe fried me. Lost the only weapon I had, but I fell in love with the thrill of the game. :)
Great Lakes '97 to '08

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

Menkaure wrote:Today's generation are such pussies to be honest.
Man, if you quit uo back in the day cuz you got griefed people would laugh at you, just like they do here... Now that's era accuracy.
Face it old school uo'ers are just motherfuckers. Me and my brother played 97-2001ish and we've played prolly 10 other mmos since. We used to always laugh how funny it was that some people would complain about being griefed on other game n it wasn't even close to old uo.
Darkfall was the closest community to uo, and the reason they were so evil is cuz it was mostly old school uo vets that played, lol. That games population is dying too. The reason? Cause this generation is a care Bear generation. They don't want to be pkd, they don't want to be looted, they don't want to be scammed, they don't even want the chance or risk, and so my friends we are obviously a very rare Breed. But, this server could still come back, and its not really the community holding it back. Someone just quit because they got griefed macroing IN TOWN. What's that tell you? Maybe if we had pvm events and reasons to come outside of town. Maybe if we had pvp events too where after the event was over it was all out war (bring those days back!). However there's no pleasing the people crying about being griefed cause this era isn't for them. But maybe the people who loved events and such... Maybe you can still bring them back.

amen to everything except events. you "cant make it" to any of the scheduled ones now, what will be different if theyre automated at a specific time?

p.s. petition to change guardianknights name to whiteknight signed

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

vintirex wrote:
Menkaure wrote:Today's generation are such pussies to be honest.

amen to everything except events. you "cant make it" to any of the scheduled ones now, what will be different if theyre automated at a specific time?

p.s. petition to change guardianknights name to whiteknight signed
Just cause I can't make it doesn't mean that they won't bring back old vets. I always said even if I quit and never play again events coming back will bring the population back up. We had a unique event system that was awesome and I think a lot of people played for that reason alone.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

I love this game. how can you appreciate the good if you don't have the evil.