Town killed, looted and griefed.

Topics related to Second Age
Capitalist

Re: Town killed, looted and griefed.

Post by Capitalist »

All of you guys complaining about hostility, please consider this question:

Why should I give a shit about any of you?

I'm not saying I made him quit, in fact I don't know who he is. But reliving pre-trammel days? I don't know about that. I just think that you non-PvPers haven't accepted that you're an inferior minority and always will be, on this shard or not. You're a bunch of online characters to me, and that's exactly how it should and shall remain. I fail to see the need for sympathy.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

My problem with this and anti-war liberalism in general is that it only takes one guy not playing by the rules to topple the system. But there will never only be one guy. There will always be entire nations of people with no moral qualms with waging violent foreign wars or forceful suppression of their own people. There will always be people on UOSA who enjoy taking advantage of the loose rules the shard's mechanics afford. Educating people properly about the mechanics and culture will always be the best defense. This type of diplomacy is useless, GK.
Last edited by Malaikat on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Malaikat wrote:This type of diplomacy is useless, GK.
Best conclusion to help a powerful voice that I've seen on the forums since I started playing this server.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Capitalist wrote:
Malaikat wrote:This type of diplomacy is useless, GK.
Best conclusion to help a powerful voice that I've seen on the forums since I started playing this server.
Someone must have hurt you so deeply. I am so sorry.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'm not wounded. I just realize the difference between fantasy, reality, and the gray area this shard represents where those realms come together. This shard is exactly like real life in that if the possibility for evil exists then evil will exist.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Malaikat wrote:I'm not wounded. I just realize the difference between fantasy, reality, and the gray area this shard represents where those realms come together. This shard is exactly like real life in that if the possibility for evil exists then evil will exist.

QFT.

Response not related to the quote:

Coming here to post a half-truth filled rage quit thread isn't going to solve anything. This is by no means the only game forum where "I quit because the game/players suck" posts get the OP dog piled by other players. More often than not when you dig deep enough, you find that the complaints aren't completely legitimate, or that the OP makes a horrible attempt at trying to make themselves look like a victim when the truth is they did a masterful job of contributing to their own downfall.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Malaikat wrote:I talk trash here on a daily basis. I have some heated in-game rivalries and many forum enemies. I also give some of the finest advice regarding all aspects of the game and it's mechanics, and I routinely give aid to individual newbies or to NEW. I'm not alone. Beyond the sometimes rough exterior this is the finest and most nurturing community I have yet to be considered a part of the entire internet over. Which is the reason that many many inactive vets (yourself included, Light Shade) still frequent these boards.

However, there is no use sugarcoating the non-ethics of a 14 year old game culture. This is the way it has always been. It's the way it will always be. Publicized or not people are going to encounter player killers, thieves, scammers, and dudes who will up and screw you for no gain aside from a cheap laugh.
I will have to disagree. This server was hopping back when the Anti-PK guilds were strong...when players helping one another and working together for something more than bags of loot in a tower was the norm and not that thing you bothered to do every now and then to prove to yourself and your like-minded friends that you're doing good for the shard...

No...the players left holding the reigns right now are a terrible group compared to the players of years past. The shards population isn't what it is right now because the playerbase is a great bunch of players. Sure, there's a few outliers there that don't fit into that statement, but at no time in this shards history have the upper echelons of the playerbase been so incredibly pathetic.

I've probably offended people's delicate sensibilities. Oh well....I'm sure you'll get over it or get together with your like-minded buddies and laugh it off.

Regardless, the proof is in the numbers...
Players...fix yourselves...you are what's broken.
Fix yourselves to fix the shard.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Light Shade wrote:
Malaikat wrote:I talk trash here on a daily basis. I have some heated in-game rivalries and many forum enemies. I also give some of the finest advice regarding all aspects of the game and it's mechanics, and I routinely give aid to individual newbies or to NEW. I'm not alone. Beyond the sometimes rough exterior this is the finest and most nurturing community I have yet to be considered a part of the entire internet over. Which is the reason that many many inactive vets (yourself included, Light Shade) still frequent these boards.

However, there is no use sugarcoating the non-ethics of a 14 year old game culture. This is the way it has always been. It's the way it will always be. Publicized or not people are going to encounter player killers, thieves, scammers, and dudes who will up and screw you for no gain aside from a cheap laugh.
I will have to disagree. This server was hopping back when the Anti-PK guilds were strong...when players helping one another and working together for something more than bags of loot in a tower was the norm and not that thing you bothered to do every now and then to prove to yourself and your like-minded friends that you're doing good for the shard...

No...the players left holding the reigns right now are a terrible group compared to the players of years past. The shards population isn't what it is right now because the playerbase is a great bunch of players. Sure, there's a few outliers there that don't fit into that statement, but at no time in this shards history have the upper echelons of the playerbase been so incredibly pathetic.

I've probably offended people's delicate sensibilities. Oh well....I'm sure you'll get over it or get together with your like-minded buddies and laugh it off.

Trying to keep people happy here is like swimming against the current during a tsunami. You lose your will to keep trying. You then feel bad about it for a minute, and then people give you a reason not to give a crap.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

GuardianKnight wrote:
Light Shade wrote:

Trying to keep people happy here is like swimming against the current during a tsunami. You lose your will to keep trying. You then feel bad about it for a minute, and then people give you a reason not to give a crap.

I'll chime in here. I feel what this shard needs is a great anti-pk guild to come into play. Being a stat-pk sucks on this shard. It only take a few coordinated people to kill a player killer and destroy him for several days of macroing or more. The same guild could show newer players how easy it is to recall from within a dungeon the moment any red names appear on screen.

Personally, I see 0 gain of attempting to attack blue players in general here. If I ruin their day, I might ruin a person who is just trying out this shard and in no way would his loot be worth another player quitting this shard, long term. Yes this shard abounds in pks, and those who do so in dungeons must know they are only risking shrinking their player pool of future targets.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Its an issue of the era inaccuracy of not banning players guilty of harassment. It's honestly the main and most obvious flaw with this server.

OSI banned me for saying "nigga" and yet worse is done and said here constantly and players literally purposely try to get others to quit.

Duh. Get rid of the evil trash, who cares about players or people like them. No one wants to play in an atmosphere like this... its a game. rofl.

OSI's motivation was sales, and that isn't an issue here...... Back to playing Guild Wars 2 :lol: Most won't deal with this shit just to play some lame retro game. durrrrrrrrrrr
Last edited by Taboo on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Taboo wrote:Its an issue of the era inaccuracy of not banning players guilty of harassment. It's honestly the main and most obvious flaw with this server.

OSI banned me for saying "nigga" and yet worse is done and said here constantly and players purposely try to get others to quit.

Duh. Get rid of the evil trash, who cares about players like them. No one wants to play in an atmosphere like this... its a game. rofl.

OSI's motivation was sales, and that isn't an issue here...... Back to playing Guild Wars 2 :lol: Most won't deal with this shit just to play some lame retro game. durrrrrrrrrrr
You can leave too, my nigga!

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Capitalist wrote:
Taboo wrote:Its an issue of the era inaccuracy of not banning players guilty of harassment. It's honestly the main and most obvious flaw with this server.

OSI banned me for saying "nigga" and yet worse is done and said here constantly and players purposely try to get others to quit.

Duh. Get rid of the evil trash, who cares about players like them. No one wants to play in an atmosphere like this... its a game. rofl.

I have been here longer than you noob, and I'll come and go as i please. Like most vets i know, play isn't consecutive.

When you are done bottom feeding, why dont you try donating. 8)

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Taboo wrote:
Capitalist wrote:

I have been here longer than you noob, and I'll come and go as i please. Like most vets i know, play isn't consecutive.

You mean that donating stuff I already did but didn't cry for attention by having Derrick tag it on my forum account? Let me know when you're ready to leave with the other crybabies.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Capitalist wrote:
Taboo wrote:
Capitalist wrote:

You mean that donating stuff I already did but didn't cry for attention by having Derrick tag it on my forum account? Let me know when you're ready to leave with the other crybabies.

I turn my subscription off and on, they tag however they'd like. its not for attention. If i did leave, how would that benefit the server? Players that purposely attempt to harass others into quiting should be banned as its poison to the server and clearly goes beyond normal game play. I nominate the non donating hater Vega. :lol:

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Taboo, did you quit?

Also, Vhyx...
Please attach funny GIF's to any message you submit, because every time I scroll down a post and see your name I get my hopes up to have a good laugh at a GIF or image, and when you write all serious it lets me down a great deal :P
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish