teleporting stuck players to Cove..really?

Topics related to Second Age
HappyFunTime

teleporting stuck players to Cove..really?

Post by HappyFunTime »

If I die in the game and it's gonna take me 30+ minutes or more to get to a town I'll use the stuck option because my real life time is valuable. This evening there were several connection issues within a short period and I probably had several minutes left to res and retrieve..well not if you're teleported to Cove which has no bank! :x Do we need the game to be this difficult at times? If so then fine but this is just griefing by game mechanics.
I guess a 2nd account would solve this problem but I'm not that advanced yet.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: teleporting stuck players to Cove..really?

Post by Soma »

You're not supposed to use stuck because you died in a dungeon... you're supposed to use it when you are actually stuck.

It's not a free recall.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

HappyFunTime wrote:If I die in the game and it's gonna take me 30+ minutes or more to get to a town I'll use the stuck option because my real life time is valuable. This evening there were several connection issues within a short period and I probably had several minutes left to res and retrieve..well not if you're teleported to Cove which has no bank! :x Do we need the game to be this difficult at times? If so then fine but this is just griefing by game mechanics.
I guess a 2nd account would solve this problem but I'm not that advanced yet.
Sorry this happened to you. The unstuck feature is mostly intended as a "last resort" for being stuck somewhere. For example, if all of your characters with magery happened to die in Cyclops Valley, you'd need to unstuck them. The unstuck feature is not intended as a way to retrieve your corpse after dying, despite your ability to do so.

That being said, most people here will never run into an issue like yours because as you've gathered, we have multiple accounts with characters who have magery. I suggest you make a second account and level up magery so you can gate yourself around and retrieve corpses quickly. It doesn't take that long and, and I'd be willing to loan you regs to train magery should you be unable to afford them yet.
^

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Yea i remember being teleported to Cove back on OSI so at least it's era accurate... Indeed it does suck tho. Luckily it's not a terrible run to Vesper.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I used to have a recall scroll vendor at my tower at the Cove gate for exactly this reason, but been slacking on that. I actually don't like dealing with running vendors. I try it now and then and eventually get tired of it. If anyone wants to put up a vendor there, I'd be happy to friend someone. Doesn't have to be limited to recall scrolls.

Millerisfuntoplay

Post by Millerisfuntoplay »

You could always hop in irc and ask for help

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

Don't go to dungeons unprepared.
Don't die in dungeons unprepared.
Make an alt.
From Cove's healer to Buc's bank is a 2min run.
Mentally prepare yourself to lose items.
Mentally prepare yourself to waste time.
Leverage players within the world for help.
Stock up on tissues.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

nubnub wrote:Don't go to dungeons unprepared.
Don't die in dungeons unprepared.
Make an alt.
From Cove's healer to Buc's bank is a 2min run.
Mentally prepare yourself to lose items.
Mentally prepare yourself to waste time.
Leverage players within the world for help.
Stock up on tissues

make friends in irc .
Fixed
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg